Last month, we reported on the special features that were going to be included on Scream Factory’s blu-ray edition of John Carpenter’s The Thing. Turns out, we may have been jumping the gun a bit because they’ve just announced even more features that will appear on the 2-disc collector’s edition, including a brand new interview with Carpenter that is conducted by none other than Mick Garris!
It’s unknown if Scream Factory has any more special features hidden up their sleeves but this really is shaping up to be a must-have release for any horror fan!
“In the winter of 1982, a twelve-man research team at a remote Antarctic research station discovers an alien buried in the snow for over 100,000 years. Soon unfrozen, the form-changing alien wreaks havoc, creates terror and takes on the appearance of those it kills.”
– NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
– NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack (5.1 Audio Mix Also Included)
– NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
– NEW Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen
Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
– Teaser Trailer
– Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
– TV Spots
– Radio Spots
– Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
– DISC TWO:
– NEW Requiem For A Shape Shifter – An Interview With Director John Carpenter In Conversation With Filmmaker Mick Garris
– NEW The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Wilford Brimley, David Clennon, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur And Joel Polis
– NEW Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay
– NEW Behind The Chameleon: The Visual Effects Of THE THING – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman, Brian Wade And Stop Motion Animators Randall William Cook And Jim Aupperle
– NEW Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth
– NEW Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster
– NEW Back Into The Cold: A Return To The Shooting Locations Of THE THING – An Animated Photo Gallery Narrated By Todd Cameron Of Outpost31.com
– NEW The Art Of Mike Ploog Gallery
– John Carpenter’s The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Legendary Matte Artist Albert Whitlock Plus Members Of The Cast And Crew (80 minutes – SD)
– Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (92 minutes – SD)
– Outtakes (5 minutes – SD)
– Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin
– Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING
– Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (19 minutes – SD)
– Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (2 minutes – SD)
– Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (54 minutes – SD)
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
More in Home Video
My love for Romero and his legacy of flesh-munching living dead knows no bounds....
Well Go USA has finally set a date for their indie festival hit The Endless,...
We are already a week and a half deep into 2018 which is madness. Time is...
On January 12, 2018, Vertical Entertainment cuts deep into Kidnapped and Extinction director Miguel Ángel Vivas‘ Inside, his remake of Alexandre...