Arrow Video announced just last month that a 4K restoration of John Carpenter’s The Thing was in the works, and the wait for more information is now over. It’s coming in October and we’ve got all the details!
The UK exclusive release will be available in either Steelbook or Limited Edition packaging, both limited to just 4,000 units. Both contain the newly restored 4K transfer (from the original negative), which was supervised by John Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey.
Both packages include the following bonus features:
• Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
• Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing – an all-new feature length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter’s terrifying science fiction classic. Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as authors, historians, and critics
• 1982: One Amazing Summer – an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
• John Carpenter’s The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – archive documentary on the background and production of the film
• Vintage Featurettes
• Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
• Still Galleries
Pre-order your copy over on Arrow Video’s website. You’ll have it on October 23rd.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - November 21, 2017 - Halloween, X-Files, ...
Danny McBride reveals more details about the upcoming Halloween sequel, Season 12 of The X-Files is coming very soon, and the Are You Afraid of the Dark? movie has its writer! It's THIS WEEK IN HORROR with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Wednesday, November 22, 2017