Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents this madcap gore fest in its Blu-ray debut, fully uncut and newly restored from its original 35mm camera negative!
One of my personal favorite “so bad it’s amazing” horror films is 1995’s Ice Cream Man, which starred Clint Howard as a killer, well, ice cream man! I’m one of the few who has long been waiting for the film to be released on Blu-ray, and Vinegar Syndrome just surprise-released precisely that Blu-ray for a special limited edition Black Friday offer!
Just 2,500 units of Vinegar Syndrome’s Ice Cream Man Blu-ray were put up for grabs today – at the time of writing this post, half of the stock is already gone.
Special Features include:
- Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
- Special Limited Edition Slipcover release (2,500 units)
- Newly scanned and restored in 2k from the 35mm original negative
- Commentary track with: Norman Apstein (director)
- “Ice Cream Man” Monstervision Summer School Edition with Joe Bob Briggs & Clint Howard
- Interview with Clint Howard (actor)
- Interview with Norman Apstein
- Interview with David Goldstein (producer)
- Still gallery
- Slipcover designed by Speed Blur
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles
In the film, which also stars David Naughton, Olivia Hussey and Jan Michael Vincent…
“Gregory (Clint Howard), the local ice cream man, just wants people to be nice to him and to sell the neighborhood children his ice cream treats. Unfortunately, the adults disrespect him, and the kids fear him, so, as any recently released mental patient would do, Gregory begins brutally murdering anyone who prevents him from having a happy, happy, happy day…”