In Jeannie Jo’s horror short, “Tampoon”, “When Miranda makes bad decisions about her love life, a possessed tampon slips in to take care of business.”
With the Slamdance Film Festival upon us for another year, Jo has decided to release her short film that was part of last year’s event.
About the filmmaker:
Jeannie Jo is a Los Angeles-based filmmaker, performer, and media artist. Her visual art and films have been shown in galleries and festivals all over the world. She was educated at the Rhode Island School of Design and the University of Southern California.
Look at this impressive list of festivals “Tampoon” has screened at:
- Slamdance Film Festival, Park City, UT 2016
- Seattle International Film Festival, Seattle, WA 2016
- Florida Film Festival, Orlando, FL 2016
- Scream Queens FilmFest Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan(Winner: Audience Award) 2016
- HollyShorts, Hollywood, CA 2016
- Hollywood Comedy Short Film Festival, Hollywood, CA (Winner: Best Cringe Comedy) 2016
- Sydney Underground Film Festival, Sydney, Australia 2016
- San Diego Underground Film Festival, San Diego, CA 2016
- Lausanne Underground Film & Music Festival, Lausanne, Switzerland 2016
- Razor Reel Flanders Film Festival, Bruges, Belgium 2016
- Courts Mais Trash, Brussels, Belgium 2016
- Hell’s Half Mile, Bay City, MI 2016
- Ozark Shorts, Los Angeles, CA 2016
- Short Film Corner at Cannes Film Festival, Cannes, France 2016
- Stark County International Short Film Series, Canton, Ohio 2016
- SF Indie Fest’s Another Hole in the Head Festival (Winner: Best US Short), San Francisco, CA 2015
- NewFilmmakers NY, NYC 2015
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
More in Indie
I’m not the only one out there who’s a sucker for psychological horror. How...
The Music Box Theatre announced today the return of Cinepocalypse, the Midwest’s largest gathering...
As if January wasn’t filled with the day to day trauma of starting a...
Hello friends and neighbors, looks like another amazing episode of the World of Death....