Ultimate Jason Figure Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
    I'll try to get a better pic with a real camera soon since this pic does zero justice for them, but thanks
    You are quite welcome of course, and I'll be looking forward to checking out the better pic when you get around to posting it!
    "A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Comment

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan View Post
        Is this the 1/6 scale Part VII put out be Mezco? The custom decapitated Barbie head is a nice touch...

here ya go, check out these custom bad boys:
        http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...ad.php?t=76608

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 01-11-2011, 09:19 AM.
        "A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Comment

Sweet customs especially the Manhattan one, I have all the Sideshow ones too just wish they would have finished them lol.

Comment

Sweet customs especially the Manhattan one, I have all the Sideshow ones too just wish they would have finished them lol.
            Thanks. Yea, I wish they would have finished them too. Apparantly Sideshow had planned to, but their licence to produce 1/6 scale figures expired, and Mezco snatched it up. Mezco's 1:6 scale Jasons are only articulated with real clothing from the waist up, from the waist down they are all painted plastic. So they're like some kind of strange hybrid figures, lol.

Here's some more pics of 'Manhattan' customs:

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/c...deshow-figure/

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/t...hattan-figure/

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/c...-to-manhattan/

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 01-12-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah I have the Mezco one's but they're shit compared to Sideshows

Comment

Yeah I have the Mezco one's but they're shit compared to Sideshows
                Yea...Mezco's 1:6 scale Part VII is pretty decent, but in interviews the Mezco artists were talking shit about how Sideshow's Part VII supposedly wasn't "film accurate", how the face sculpt wasn't right, and that their figure was going to be far superior while priced considerably less. Then Mezco's version comes out, and its facial sculpt isn't even as good as Sideshow's, and the lower half was merely painted plastic, etc., etc..

Not to mention the fact that Sideshow's Part VII was a lotta bang for your buck (priced between $40 to $45 when it was initially released)...unlike most Sideshow figures, that particular design featured a fully sculpted latex body suit underneath the fabric clothing; showing off all the jutting bones and rotting flesh, etc.

The latex bodysuit concept was first introduced with Sideshow's legendary 1:6 scale 'Creature From the Black Lagoon' figure, which to this day remains perhaps the single greatest 12-inch horror figure ever produced...funny how the Creature figure was once available from stores like Spencer's for only $20, even though it compares to any $150 Hot Toys figure out today...I also find it amusing that Mezco's guys had the tenacity to badmouth Sideshow's Part VII figure, in spite of the fact that Sideshow sells the Mezco figures from their own site. Way to bite the hand...
                Last edited by thomasjarvis; 01-15-2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Those are amazing. wow.

Comment

These are freakin' awesome. I've wanted to start a figure collection for a while, now I have no idea where to start!

Comment

Ohhhh... I am jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasjarvis View Post
                        http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/s...format-figure/

Sideshow Collectable’s Part 3 Premium Format Figure
                        By jasonsfury • August 13, 2010

"Sideshow Toys has been teasing this entire week about a special Friday the 13th surprise. Now we know what they have in store for fans. The fans are going to be getting a brand new, Premium Format Part 3 Jason Voorhees Figure! That’s right, for those fans that have been asking repeatedly for this very thing to take place, here is your chance to finally own the very figure you have been, well, dieing for.

Check out the preview images of the figure now!

--"jasonsfury"

Here's how it turned out...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by skubasteve View Post
                            Here's how it turned out...
                            Wow...awesome pics! Thanks for posting these, man. Ironically, these photos you took of the real artical are far more impressive than the promotional ones displayed on Sideshow's own official website, which initially left me rather unimpressed. These pics, however, are giving me second thoughts...and I find myself contemplating the notion of saving up some cash with the ultimate goal of eventually picking up one of these bad boys for myself!

Question: I seem to recall seeing a pic of the head sculpt displaying Jason's ugly visage sans hockey mask. Yet I also seem to recall previous indications that the mask is permanently attached to the face and is non-removable. There was some speculation the figure would come with an alternate head, but looking at those pics...I don't see any seperation point where the head could be detached and an alternate one put in its place. So, what's the deal? Did Sideshow completely abandon a visible facial sculpt altogether? Or is there some mysterious alternate maskless head that somehow impossibly attaches to the figure? Or is the mask removable in the first place? It doesn't look like it is, as the strap appears to be sculpted directly onto the head...but I could just as easily be mistaken...
                            Last edited by thomasjarvis; 08-06-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree, while Sideshow produces some amazing statues their product photos leave a lot to be desired. In my opinion they would be much better served if they had any photographer worth a paying for. My guess is they must have someone already on staff that has the added responsibility to take the product photos. They could be much better.

This statue comes with an alternate head sculpt. I just didn't take pics of it because I have no intention of displaying it that way. The separation point is well hidden below Jason's shirt collar.

Not my pic...

In all honesty I wasn't expecting much from this piece but after receiving it, it's definitely become one of my very favorites. It's fucking massive as well. I think it was said best by another lucky owner. "This statue has presence."

Comment

Wanted to get this figure so bad but I missed the preorder on the exclusive. I'm holding my breathe on the waitlist. Everybody who got it seems to prefer the axe but I would need to have the machete hand set for display.

Comment

Working...
                                X