Freddy Vs. Jason (2003)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belmont
    I know it's been a few years since FvsJ came out, but the tremendous letdown of the whole project still doesn't sit well with me - What could've been a terrifically creative and cool film ended up being a stunningly stupid, pandering, and insulting final product.

The film seems to enjoy a moderately positive reputation among fans, but I just don't get it - The previous films in both franchises weren't loaded with crap like Rn'B stars (that Destiny's Child chick) pop culture fads (Jay clone with the stoner character, Jack Black clone with the fat jock, right down to looks and mannerisms), and stupid "cutting edge" visual tricks (Ronny Yu... ugh).

The older flicks will never be viewed as "great films" by any means, but part of the charm rested in their simplicity, and in the fact that they weren't trying soooo hard to hit a target audience like FvsJ was.
    Well, sit I now know not to listen to any more posts from you...as I know that F vs J isn't high entertainment...it is easily one of my favorite films because it is just fun...exactly like it's predicessors so therefore i have no idea where you say that it's not like it's older bretheran...and becuase the cast was made of teen heart throbs doesn't make it anyworse...I was so thrilled to see the girl from Destiny's Child getting the axe...or machete...good film not in my top 20 but has definite replayability
    Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

This is actually in my top 10.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it. It's not perfect, but not bad either.
        http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...john+doe+se7en

TOP 20 ALL-TIME (at present time)

http://www.ymdb.com/se7en11/l40364_ukuk.html

Comment

Is this actually a serious question? It amazes me every time I run into some fan who believes that his or her opinion/perspective represents that of the majority of people on Earth. It shouldn't amaze me, of course, because it happens all the time. But I cannot get past the hubris displayed when someone asks a question like the one in the subject of this thread. You and your friends and some other people on boards like this hate the movie, so you really aren't sure if anyone on the planet liked it? Honestly? I would have to say that the $80+ million box-office (compared to the paltry returns for JASON X) is probably a pretty good indicator that some people did, considering it made less than half of that total in its opening weekend. It has also done quite well on home video, so some folks out there must be amenable to the prospect of watching it again. With minimal effort, I could undoubtedly supply you with dozens of positive reviews for the film, from both fans and critics.

In other words, yes. Many, many people like FREDDY VS. JASON. Some genuinely love it.

Sheesh! It's no wonder "normal" folks call us horror "geeks".

Comment

It had it's moments but all in all it wasn't that great. Like someone said before, as long as fans waited for another movie, it didn't deliver. I will say though, that it was better than Jason X. Well, anything is better than that piece of shit movie.

Freddy vs Jason - 4/10

Comment

It may not be the best among Jason (Friday The 13th) movies but it sure is fun to watch. And can't leave this sucker to be added in my Jason and Freddy DVD collection

Comment

I thinks it's actually pretty decent. It's certainly not great and it's not absolutely terrible either. It's a pretty fun time-waster.

Comment

Yeah big fan here, although its in no way scary its a regular viewing of mine. I like the Hong Kong cinema aspect Ronny Yu gave it. it's not perfect and yup some bits kinda give me the shits but overall i really dig it, especially seein Kelly Rowland getting fucking nailed by Jason...
                  XBL - Zombie Dime
                  GTA V
                  Borderlands 2

Comment

Loved it. Thinking about picking it up soon too.

Comment

I have no real problems with FvJ. It's a cheesy, goofball movie. I got what I expected. I didn't think it would be all too creative or scary but like "Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man," it would be an intentionally over-the-top, cheesy, fun movie. That's what I got.

Comment

It's mindless fun, once you start trying to piece together the intricacy's of the plot your head starts twitching. So it best just to sit back, point and laugh.. not a film to be taken seriously what so ever.
                        Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

I loved this movie. I went in with really low expectations and it exceeded. It was fun and gory. And although it had someone that Destiny's Child chick, she got murdered by Jason, who flung her against a tree. That was awesome. I cant think of a movie where they have a famous pop star or rapper and they get killed that I have seen. Some one told me Jason was scared of the water because he spent so much time trapped under the water chained to that rock. I dont know if thats true or makes sense. But it was a fun movie easily better than some of the later F13 and Nightmare sequels.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

i liked it. i think i would have liked it better if i didnt wait for like 3 years for it!! i expected more from the idea. they could have made it better, but i liked it.

myspace

Blasphemy? Before what? God? A God repulsed by the miserable humanity he created in His own image? I will not be shackled by the failures of your God. The only blasphemy is to wallow in insignificance. I have taken refuse of your God's failures and I have triumphed. There! THERE! Is my creation!

Comment

I'm not gonna lie. I love this movie. I was 12 when it came out in the movie theater and I know that a 12 year old probably would be the stereotype to like this movie, but I still like it and I have matured since then. I still consider the opening in this movie one of the best. I love the Freddy monologue thing that it has goin on.

The color changes in the movie was pretty cool, in my eyes, but there were things that just sucked about the movie. I understand why people hate it, honestly. I think everyone should understand why.

I just have a question about it that I've had in my head for the last 3 years...

Why would they make a versus movie with Freddy in it when in Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, he explains that he can't die?

That has bothered me forever...

Comment

I think that if you dont look too deeply into the movie, or into the whole plot of things, its a pretty decent flick. I mean they skipped out on a lot of loop holes within both stories of both sides of the film, but I guess it had to be done to make the story actually happen. I mean, Jason in Space? How the fuck do you suppose Freddy to get him down? Throw a rock at him? Im sure if you didnt like the film it could have been way worse...they could have gone with the whole Fred-Head thing...Oh well, all in all, its a pretty a-okay fun little flick. But the thing that really gets my goat is all these little teeny-boppers running around saying how FvJ was SOOOO SCARY! And they are completely ignorante to where the two actually came from! Ugh, now thats what pisses me off! Just today I was watching FvJ on SciFi, and the way the edited the whole fucking movie for content and time, was horriable! They wouldnt let any of the Teens say Ass or Piss, but Freddy could scream out Bitch, Whore, and God Damn whenever he fucking pleased! OH and dont get me started on the whole fucking Blake kid! In stead of showing him drinking out of his flask and scratching his balls! They show him playing with a fucking YO-Yo...A YO YO!? OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! >_< I hate it when they edit horror movies like that...It frustrates the fuck outta me....
                                sigpic

http://www.myspace.com/everlasting_death
                                http://twitter.com/JordyDeath

Comment

Working...
                                X