No announcement yet.

Freddy Vs. Jason (2003)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My general outlook on this film is that it is a true reflection of both series in general. I mean, come on, there are some seriously cheesy and bad films in these franchises. I mean this in the best possible sense, of course! I think it is a very fun and worthy film to bring the two icons together!

Is it a great film? Hell no! Is it as good as the original F13 or NOES? Not a chance. But dammit if it isn't a fun watch. I can totally see the criticism of this film, but i don't really understand it from a fan point of view. I love the franchises for their over-the-top cheese & camp attitude, not for any triumphant cinematic acheivements that some people seem to want to attach to them.

Let's get real - the film is good shit, and to take it too seriously is to neglect the atmosphere of both franchises (mostly concerning the later editions to the series')...

Infini-tropolis I the blood & the blade

Comment

Originally posted by mrbishop77
      It's fun, and nothing to take that seriously. I like it, it stays true to the spirit of both franchises.
      I agree with him.

Comment

i liked it. it was made and marketed to the movie going crowd of the day. not to the die hard horror fans like us, many who grew up watching these movies.

Comment

i disagree with the original poster 100% this movie kicked ass

Comment

I liked this movie alot because its great to see Freddy and Jason together even though its cheesy and its nice to get a new movie in either of these franchises. This movie looks great next to the terrible Jason X. I think this movie is really fun but it has some bad plot holes and thats what sucks, still a cool movie and nice to see a new entry in either franchise.
            http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=stikky
            http://myspace.com/stikky24
            http://groups.myspace.com/truehorroraddicts

Comment

You know, I thought the movie was just sorta stupid; but I didn't hate the idea of Freddy "using" Jason to kill people -- that wasn't half bad.

Plus, the inclusion of the strange 'blood-spray' effect was oddly endearing... Almost as if, during the climax of the film (the final battle), it said, "Fuck it, look how stupid this is! Add more spray!"

But why sould Jason OR Freddy bleed at all? They're dead for fuck's sake... I think the wounds should have been slimy and oozing -- maybe some thick, chunky black sludge; like decomposition fluids. Mmmmm. Yeah.

- JS
              - EoP

Comment

Originally posted by JS@EoP

But why sould Jason OR Freddy bleed at all? They're dead for fuck's sake... I think the wounds should have been slimy and oozing -- maybe some thick, chunky black sludge; like decomposition fluids. Mmmmm. Yeah.

- JS
                cuz squirty blood is cooler

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

I think the film was pretty cool in places, what i fucking hate though is how it started off so dark and then turned camp. At the end the final battle was pretty epic and kinda arty in a twisted psychotic macabre way. Love it when they're face to face and freddy stabs the machete in jasons chest and jason rips off freddy's arm then plunges his hand in his chest.

Jason did look kinda shit, not a big fan of that look. I was hoping they'd go with a part 7 or 10 look to Jason but instead they wanted him to look like a bum.

I actually read the script and alot of cool shit was cut out due to budget restraints, including a Freddy Spider, a huge Demon hand coming out of Crystal Lake and pulling both Freddy and Jason back to hell and a battle in hell itself in a Gladitorial Stadium with a huge crowd of Demons.

All that aside i didnt expect oscar winning performances or story i just wanted to see my 2 favourite Horror Icons go head to head and the fight was pretty cool. The movie is fun in places and drags at others but hey its cool to kill an hour or so. I doubt New Line will do a part 2 i think both Franchises will end up getting re-made and then sequel after sequel after sequel once again until the end of time.

Comment

i did actually like this movie, i just dont undersand y so many people hated it, i didnt think it was bad at all. i think ronny yu did a great job coming into to series of which he had no previous involvement. i think robert did a great job in reviving freddy but i have to say that ken kirzinger needs to stay the fuck out of ne thing that has to do with jason. kane hodder has been doing it for years and i think it was bullshit bringing in someone else. overall it was not a bad movie they brought in elements from both series that fit the plot so i thought it worked fine.
                    sigpic

IF YOU LOOK AROUND THE ROOM AND CANT SPOT THE ASSHOLE... ITS U!!!
                    U CANT SPELL SLAUGHTER WITHOUT LAUGHTER!!

Comment

Freddy vs Jason - Does Anyone Honestly Like This Film?

Yes and unfortunatley and sadly they do. And I dont know how they can.

This movie was supposbably written 14 times till they felt they had it right, well, they werent right. The movie is horrible. Its just like one line after another is bad, just very corny, butI guessmade to sound cool.

Freddy ( Looks at the screen and says) " Now lets let Jason have some fun"

Another bad line is" how can we defeat Jason and Freddy,Well Jason died by Water and Freddy by Fire". those 2 lines come right to mind, there are way more and cant remember them since I only watched it one time after and that when my Ex bought me the DVD, it was just corny, Freddy doing Kung Fu, just very bad.

It actually seemed like it was made to ridicule Jason and Freddy and seemed to be more of a joke than anything, shit it was even like a teenie bopper horror.

i dont understand how any one could like this complete was of time and crap.

Comment

Originally posted by zick
                        i disagree with the original poster 100% this movie kicked ass
                        Just curious and dont mean to get personal, but, how old are you and what are some of your favorite horror films?

I think those 2 questions answered if possible, would help me back up why you made the statement you did.

Thanks Buddy boy, good Ol Chap
                        HD

Comment

LOOOOOVED THE MOVIE

Having Freddy in a BIG screen for the first time was amazing.

Im done!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
                            Yes and unfortunatley and sadly they do. And I dont know how they can.

This movie was supposbably written 14 times till they felt they had it right, well, they werent right. The movie is horrible. Its just like one line after another is bad, just very corny, butI guessmade to sound cool.

Freddy ( Looks at the screen and says) " Now lets let Jason have some fun"

Another bad line is" how can we defeat Jason and Freddy,Well Jason died by Water and Freddy by Fire". those 2 lines come right to mind, there are way more and cant remember them since I only watched it one time after and that when my Ex bought me the DVD, it was just corny, Freddy doing Kung Fu, just very bad.

It actually seemed like it was made to ridicule Jason and Freddy and seemed to be more of a joke than anything, shit it was even like a teenie bopper horror.

i dont understand how any one could like this complete was of time and crap.
                            I love this movie and I am 26 years old. It was a little silly but better than I anticipated. Freddy says a lame line. So what? Is this something that comes to a shock to you? Freddy saying something lame? lol He killed someone with a power glove ferfucksake. How many shitty lines can you pick out of both franchises? I think there is a lot.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by punk
                              LOOOOOVED THE MOVIE

Having Freddy in a BIG screen for the first time was amazing.

Im done!
                              whats that suppossed to mean? He was always on the big screen.

Comment

i would not dare watch that movie. it's just another way to make a quick buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X