Freddy Vs. Jason (2003)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Vs. Jason (2003)

I know it's been a few years since FvsJ came out, but the tremendous letdown of the whole project still doesn't sit well with me - What could've been a terrifically creative and cool film ended up being a stunningly stupid, pandering, and insulting final product.

The film seems to enjoy a moderately positive reputation among fans, but I just don't get it - The previous films in both franchises weren't loaded with crap like Rn'B stars (that Destiny's Child chick) pop culture fads (Jay clone with the stoner character, Jack Black clone with the fat jock, right down to looks and mannerisms), and stupid "cutting edge" visual tricks (Ronny Yu... ugh).

The older flicks will never be viewed as "great films" by any means, but part of the charm rested in their simplicity, and in the fact that they weren't trying soooo hard to hit a target audience like FvsJ was.
    And the nightmare rides on...

seriously, Freddy VS. Jason is kickass.

Comment

I absolutely hate it. It's cheesy and laughable. It makes "Jason X" look good. Their 'fight' was also a badly staged WWE castoff match too.

Comment

I agree with black coffee...I think it kicks ass.
        2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
        Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
        I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
        Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
        Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
        Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
        Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
        The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
        Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
        Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

It was alright. It's a suprise some important looking charectors are killed so early (the cop)

Comment

I thought it was alright....I mean,,,how could you really go into it with high expectations.....it would be REALLY hard to come up with a believable good story,,,,,so they took the safe route and made it campy so when it gets made fun of well,whatever i guess.....all there is to it. I mean,,,,maybe someone has a better idea of how it coulda been "taken seriously"?

Ya see,,,,freddy was a janitor at crystal lake and he watched jason drown so when they go to hell he seeks revenge??oh yah,,,that woulda been quality....

They battle for supremacy in hell.....?yah,,,that'd never work,,,,i mean,,,they don't gots shit on pinhead......

i mean,,,if they're going to hell,,,,he'd be driving the car...

i lost it ,,what was i sayin again?

oh yeah,,,it was alright!
            Last edited by Lunch-Meat Torch; 08-27-2006, 06:24 AM.

Comment

It's fun, and nothing to take that seriously. I like it, it stays true to the spirit of both franchises.
              argueing is a waste of fucking life!
              The Ultimate BD Quote Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mrbishop77
                It's fun, and nothing to take that seriously. I like it, it stays true to the spirit of both franchises.
                What he said.

Comment

it's great in terms that it's so bad, cheesy and predictable that it's fun to laugh at. but what else do you expect to get from these two guys in a versus movie? nobody can complain that the fight scenes were corny, or that the dialogue and acting was bad. it's fucking supposed to be! or at least, expected by anyone who has seen the two franchises.

Comment

Loved it! I took it for what it was: a tribute to both franchises and an entertaining blast.
                    Last 4 movies I've seen:
                    Blades of Glory - 3.5/5
                    Halloween - 3.5/5
                    Hot Fuzz - 4/5
                    The Simpsons Movie - 4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_RuleS
                      Loved it! I took it for what it was: a tribute to both franchises and an entertaining blast.
                      Yeah i agree. I thought it was 100 times better than what i hoped for. Vs movies are usually shit, especially with such established characters (look at AvP for example). FvsJ was fun and kept close to both franchises, i love it

Comment

People can see it as a "Tribute" - I saw it as a desperate and frankly rather bland attempt to fuck us movie fans over by combining two past it icons/franchises because it was obviously apparent they didnt have the pull to go solo.

Comment

After 10 years of waiting it obviously couldnt live up to what I was hoping for but yes I do like the movie. It certainly wasnt better or worse than most of the entries in either franchise.

Comment

I kind of liked the movie.
                            My DVD collection
                            http://jamie-mcbain.dvdaf.com/

My Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/canmoo

My DVD collection
                            http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?list=owned

How do you know about the machine?

Comment

Freddy vs Jason is both insulting and a complete train wreck. The 1st time I saw it in the movie theater I was actually embarrassed to be a horror fan.

They ignored all previous films and took the movie in a lame direction. "Freddy died by fire, Jason died by water, how can we use that against them ????". Huh? Jason only killed dozens of people IN the water. Every Friday film takes place in a driving rain storm that doesn't faze Jason. Now all of a sudden he can't walk through a light waterfall?

The new Jason looked like shit. He was entirely too tall, his clothes looked like he bought them off the rack at Walmart on sale, his straggly hair looked gay, and even the hockey mask didn't look right. And Freddy? He killed exactly ONE person in the entire film. Plus he managed to keep his super dream power intact after he was pulled from the dream world into the real world? Okay.

The film didn't make sense. The story sucked balls. The characters were all stereotypical ripoffs from other films. And Ronny Wu completely fucked it up with his reimaging and "colors".

Comment

Working...
                              X