No announcement yet.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a great franchise indeed but I have only seen the original one, the remake & the beginning.
    I like to rank them as follows:
    1] TCM: The Beginning,
    2] TCM (remake/2003),
    3] TCM (original/1974).

Movie Montages & Tribute Videos

Comment

• Originally posted by sanjid View Post
      It's a great franchise indeed but I have only seen the original one, the remake & the beginning.
      I like to rank them as follows:
      1] TCM: The Beginning,
      2] TCM (remake/2003),
      3] TCM (original/1974).
      I have to disagree. im not a massive fan of the prequel. its growing on me. but it still cant beat the original. nor can the remake. the original is hands down one of the best horror movies ever made. for its time; it was original, thought provoking and rather graphical (in terms of the concept).
      1. tcm original
      2. remake
      3. toss up between the third one (leatherface) and the prequel. i strangely enjoyed the third one..weird.
      STRAIGHT EDGE IS A LIFE COMMITMENT

Comment

• To me the TCM series might not be my favorite (not far off!) but it is IMO the most solid from top to bottom. Some other horror franchises have some really weak sequels but TCM stays pretty true to it's theme.
        "Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
        Hunter S. Thompson
        1937-2005

Comment

• I only saw the remake, and the original. I'm still waiting to see the prequel...heard some good reviews about it...might buy it today. Is it worth the money?

Comment

• Originally posted by send.more.cops! View Post
            3. toss up between the third one (leatherface) and the prequel. i strangely enjoyed the third one..weird.
            The third was my favorite until I saw The Beginning. On my first viewing of The Beginning it was immediately placed into the number 1 slot.

Comment

• I prefer Leatherface: TCM 3 and part 2 over the other movies in the series, even the original. I appreciate the original, but the odd comedy and gore combination of parts 2 & 3 really won me over. It would be great to see a continuation of those sequels, but it'll never happen. A long time ago, there was an idea for a direct follow-up to Leatherface (I believe that David Schow, who wrote the screenplay for part 3, came up with the story). It involved a segment similar to the beginning of Jason Goes To Hell, with Leatherface being dispatched and then returning via supernatural means. The rest of the movie would revolve around the newly-resurrected Leatherface and an entire town of his "family" versus the 'good guys.' Good or bad idea, that's a Chainsaw sequel that I'd love to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZombieVodka View Post
                I only saw the remake, and the original. I'm still waiting to see the prequel...heard some good reviews about it...might buy it today. Is it worth the money?

same here. the prequel is really good. i say it is worth the money to go and get.....very few prequels are/or better than the orginal. messed up scary shit. so its a good one for met, to go and add to the collection.
                classic horrors i have/love
                poltergriest 1-3: 10/10
                nightmare on elm street-all:8/10
                friday the 13ths all: 8/10
                the exorsist: 10/10

"your gonna die in there alll of you!!!! youre all gonna diiiiiiiie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

• the begining is shit the worse of the lot no way worth the money

Comment

• Originally posted by Slashaholic View Post
                    I Don't know if your a true horror fan but if you are then you must like Texas Chainsaw massacre .
                    Damn straight, TCM is the greatest horror film ever made.

Comment

• Originally posted by moviecrazy View Post
                      the begining is shit the worse of the lot no way worth the money

totally disagree I loved beginning, Next generation is the worst one.

Comment

• Beginning is terrible in every way, the actors made me laugh. The entire film was forced and boring.

Comment

• I like the Beginning, but you're right about it seeming forced. I slightly prefer the remake over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamkiller666 View Post
                            totally disagree I loved beginning, Next generation is the worst one.
                            next generation is EASILY the worst of all of the TCM movies.
                            Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                            Beginning is terrible in every way, the actors made me laugh. The entire film was forced and boring.
                            The Beginning was was pretty good but it brought nothing new to the table. heres how i list the TCM movies:

TCM original
                            Leatherface: TCM 3
                            TCM remake
                            TCM: TB
                            TCM 2
                            TCM: TNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamkiller666 View Post
                              TCM is the greatest horror film ever made.
                              I wouldn't go that far. I've seen better movies than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
                                next generation is EASILY the worst of all of the TCM movies.
                                Was that even debatable?

Comment

Working...
                                X