No announcement yet.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original: I don't like it, it's boring and slow-paced. Nothing good really happens except the crippled guy makes me laugh. I understand it's place in horror history, but don't like it.

Part 2:
    I like it and then I don't. It's one of those movies where I have to be ready for it or I won't enjoy it.

Part 3: My second favorite one in the series. I love every character, all the scenes, and watch it often.

Part 4: Shit.

Remake: I liked it more than the original from the first viewing on up to my most recent viewing of it. The characters are more entertaining and easier to get along with. I can see why people hate it also.

Prequel: My favorite one in the series. It toppled Part 3 for favorite in just one viewing. Hoyt is great. The rest of the characters are pretty much like the remake's characters just even easier to like. I am eagerly waiting for the DVD.

TCM is not known for it's story or character development, really, just it's terror. I'm sure some, if not all, people will argue with what I've said.

Comment

I have a feeling you won't last long on these boards, live or die.
      Movie Ratings:
      Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
      Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
      Lethal Weapon - 8/10
      The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
      The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

the first was a good horror film (a bit over rated at times). it should not have been a franchise though. i hated all the sequals (especially tng). the remake was descent. have not seen the prequal.
        http://www.myspace.com/147634562

Comment

Originally posted by live or die View Post
          Don't you think the old texas chainsaw massacre films sucked bad? You know, texas chainsaw massacre 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: The Next Generation. The Next Generation my @$$! It was exactly the same as the others. All of these films were the same except the second one. And on the first one, you would be looking at a girl screaming for like, ten minutes!

Do you all agree? All of the texas chainsaw massacre films suck!

(Except for the two newest ones)
          I hope you swallow a knife on accident.
          Heck, Id be satisfied if it were on purpose.
          Cat in the Brain: ***
          Jack Brooks Monster Slayer: ***
          Into the Wild: ****
          Observe and Report: **
          Vampyr (1931): ****

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
            Original: I don't like it, it's boring and slow-paced. Nothing good really happens except the crippled guy makes me laugh. I understand it's place in horror history, but don't like it.

Part 2:
            I like it and then I don't. It's one of those movies where I have to be ready for it or I won't enjoy it.

Part 3: My second favorite one in the series. I love every character, all the scenes, and watch it often.

Part 4: Shit.

Remake: I liked it more than the original from the first viewing on up to my most recent viewing of it. The characters are more entertaining and easier to get along with. I can see why people hate it also.

Prequel: My favorite one in the series. It toppled Part 3 for favorite in just one viewing. Hoyt is great. The rest of the characters are pretty much like the remake's characters just even easier to like. I am eagerly waiting for the DVD.

TCM is not known for it's story or character development, really, just it's terror. I'm sure some, if not all, people will argue with what I've said.
            Actually, I'm not going to argue it. Do you know why? Because you understand and respect that it has a place in horror history. You don't like it but you respect it. And because of that no one should argue your points. Now Live or Die. Saying they suck and you don't understand why anyone likes them. Your asking for a chainsaw to the leg
            Just Remember...

sigpic

I'll be Watching you

Comment

Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
              3 and 4 sucked but thats about it as far as this franchise is concerened.
              3 is my favorite of the franchise. Leatherface has never looked more badass and that has the best chainsaw I have ever seen in my life. I even have the soundtrack.
              Last edited by CJ_01976; 01-04-2007, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tetsuo_ironman View Post
                the first was a good horror film (a bit over rated at times). it should not have been a franchise though. i hated all the sequals (especially tng). the remake was descent. have not seen the prequal.
                The prequel is what the remake should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                  I even have the soundtrack.
                  Me too. I even downloaded about 2 hours of Laaz Rockit songs just because of their song kicking so much ass. The other tracks kick ass too.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                    3 is my favorite of the franchise. Leatherface has never looked more badass
                    Oh, when he has the mullet?
                    Just Remember...

sigpic

I'll be Watching you

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelz View Post
                      Like you'd pick a fight with Billy Ray Cyrus.

Comment

Like you'd pick a fight with Billy Ray Cyrus.
                        Good point...Also when I was younger and I first saw the trailer. When he turns around after the chainsaw comes flying out of the water, I was afraid to walk my dog cuz I thought he'd break through the sliding glass windows.

lol
                        Just Remember...

sigpic

I'll be Watching you

Comment

Good point...Also when I was younger and I first saw the trailer. When he turns around after the chainsaw comes flying out of the water, I was afraid to walk my dog cuz I thought he'd break through the sliding glass windows.

lol
                          That's the craziest thing I've heard all day.

Comment

Like you'd pick a fight with Billy Ray Cyrus
                            lol

and that has the best chainsaw I have ever seen in my life.
                            yeah that chainsaw was cool.
                            http://www.myspace.com/147634562

Comment

That's not a mullet, it has hair on the sides too. Do your fucking homework douchebag!

Comment

That's the craziest thing I've heard all day.
                                It sorta evolved into that. It was really bad when I thought he was gonna jump out of the TV and slice me up. And it didn't help when I fianlly watched it at home (I was about 15) and my step-dad broke into the house through my window with a real chainsaw. Revving it up. I shit my pants that day. And trust me...It don't feel good.
                                Just Remember...

sigpic

I'll be Watching you

Comment

Working...
                                X