The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Feel free to read through the TCM3D thread for my thoughts. I'm not wasting any more time on it.
    Like I said... I disagree and I have read your many many negative thoughts about it already. There's FAR worse movies out there, but I understand that everyone has a different point of view. Flaws and all, this was still a very entertaining flick IMO. Afterall, I'm not looking for anything remotely close to 'cinematic brilliance' when it comes to slashers.
    Last edited by Deadly Fiend; 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
      Like I said... I disagree and I have read your many many negative thoughts about it already. There's FAR worse movies out there, but I understand that everyone has a different point of view. Flaws and all, this was still a very entertaining flick IMO. Afterall, I'm not looking for anything close to cinematic brilliance when it comes to slashers.
      Glad you liked it, I fucking loathe it more than anything.

As I stated in that thread, I'm not buying into this half-assed bullshit anymore and passing it off as "fun", especially something with as classic a name as "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" attached to it. Recycled garbage with zero talent or even slight ambition put into any of the elements.

Originally posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post
      Another piece of LEATHERFACE lore I love- producer Mark Ordesky wanted Peter Jackson to direct, but obviously didn't get his wish. He did get New Line Jackson later with LORD OF THE RINGS. I remember Viggo said he was last minute casting for Aragorn- would his name have come up if not for TCM 3? Dun dun DUN!

Seriously, a TCM movie with Peter Jackson directing it back in his gonzo horror days... the mind boggles.
      This is interesting!!! I've always found it interesting how TCM 3 and Next Generation included some actors that would become gigantic stars in the future. Especially Viggo

Comment

Glad you liked it, I fucking loathe it more than anything.

As I stated in that thread, I'm not buying into this half-assed bullshit anymore and passing it off as "fun", especially something with as classic a name as "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" attached to it. Recycled garbage with zero talent or even slight ambition put into any of the elements.
        Alright.

Guess some of us just can't enjoy modern slashers for what they are anymore... entertaining popcorn flicks. Maybe you should just stick with stuff like Melancholia, The Master, and Black Swan. They seem to be more your cup of tea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
          Alright.

Guess some of us just can't enjoy modern slashers for what they are anymore... entertaining popcorn flicks. Maybe you should just stick with stuff like Melancholia, The Master, and Black Swan. They seem to be more your cup of tea.
          Come on man... don't resort to personal attacks. I like plenty of modern slashers (Hatchet, Father's Day (everything Troma, really), Scream, Behind the Mask, Wrong Turn). All of those films were a ton of fun and I'll always enjoy them (and certainly more to come). I just really hate TCM3D. It was just so stupid and void of logic or entertainment that I couldn't even enjoy it for what it was. Believe me, i had extremely low expectations.

I see nothing wrong with me liking stuff like the Master or Black Swan... I'm not going to bitch you out for not liking them...

Comment

Come on man... don't resort to personal attacks. I like plenty of modern slashers (Hatchet, Father's Day (everything Troma, really), Scream, Behind the Mask, Wrong Turn). All of those films were a ton of fun and I'll always enjoy them (and certainly more to come). I just really hate TCM3D. It was just so stupid and void of logic or entertainment that I couldn't even enjoy it for what it was. Believe me, i had extremely low expectations.

I see nothing wrong with me liking stuff like the Master or Black Swan... I'm not going to bitch you out for not liking them...
            I understand, it was just the heat of the moment. TC3D does have some major flaws that it brought upon itself, so I shouldn't get defensive when people hate I suppose.

I know you're a horror fan, but sometimes I get suspicious that people judge horror to the caliber of award winning artsy fartsy stuff. Also, I do like Black Swan.

Comment

• Guess some of us just can't enjoy modern slashers for what they are anymore... entertaining popcorn flicks. Maybe you should just stick with stuff like Melancholia, The Master, and Black Swan. They seem to be more your cup of tea.
              God, I hate this argument; so, the quality of all 'mindless' slashers is invariably the same?
              There's more that goes into a film being entertaining and/or good than meeting a quota.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• I honestly dont understand all this. I havent seen TC3D, nor do I want to but for people who hate it so much I just dont understand why they keep repeating the same statements over and over. I mean I really despise TNG but I dont make 3/4 of my posts here rants about my hatred for it. I think we need to just let it go. Most people here hate it while some of the youngsters who havent seen many or any of the originals seem to like it. Cant we just leave it at that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
                  I honestly dont understand all this. I havent seen TC3D, nor do I want to but for people who hate it so much I just dont understand why they keep repeating the same statements over and over. I mean I really despise TNG but I dont make 3/4 of my posts here rants about my hatred for it.
                  Word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
                    *Spends over 20 posts talking about how terrible a movie is... hasn't seen it*
                    Nobody has spent 20 pages bashing TNG. I've seen quite a few clips, as well as behind the scenes specials that discussed the movie in great detail, so I know everything I need to know about it as it were. I spoke my peace on it, that's that.

If I recall correctly my last post(s) were discussing TCM 2, not TNG.
                    Last edited by Myerszilla; 02-09-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I honestly dont understand all this. I havent seen TC3D, nor do I want to but for people who hate it so much I just dont understand why they keep repeating the same statements over and over. I mean I really despise TNG but I dont make 3/4 of my posts here rants about my hatred for it. I think we need to just let it go. Most people here hate it while some of the youngsters who havent seen many or any of the originals seem to like it. Cant we just leave it at that?
                      I suppose I understand it. But honestly this whole TCM3D thing has started some of the best discussion this board has seen in ages.

Also, I'll post whatever the hell I want.

And if this wasn't directed at me, I apologize.

Also, repetition is a highly effective tool in persuasion.

Also, too, as well.

Comment

I honestly dont understand all this. I havent seen TC3D, nor do I want to but for people who hate it so much I just dont understand why they keep repeating the same statements over and over. I mean I really despise TNG but I dont make 3/4 of my posts here rants about my hatred for it. I think we need to just let it go. Most people here hate it while some of the youngsters who havent seen many or any of the originals seem to like it. Cant we just leave it at that?
                        Thank God you weren't around during the H2 thread days. You would've had a mental breakdown by now.

It's a message board. You have to expect that people are going to discuss and debate films, whether it's positive or negative, and yes sometimes these debates go on and on and on.

Comment

• Ultimately, though, I think the one thing people who hate a certain product don't realize is that by constantly commenting on it, even if it's negative, it's going to draw more attention to it, & in turn, make it more known, whereas if you say your peace & move on, it's more likely to just go away.

It's kind of like with the original TCM, it was ripped to shreds by critics initially, as well as the Friday the 13th movies when they first came out, & all it did was cause more people to check it out, & in turn made the movies even more popular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                            Ultimately, though, I think the one thing people who hate a certain product don't realize is that by constantly commenting on it, even if it's negative, it's going to draw more attention to it, & in turn, make it more known, whereas if you say your peace & move on, it's more likely to just go away.

It's kind of like with the original TCM, it was ripped to shreds by critics initially, as well as the Friday the 13th movies when they first came out, & all it did was cause more people to check it out, & in turn made the movies even more popular.
                            that's true

Dare I say more about TCM3D? Its so fucking bad I almost recommend people to see it just to believe it.

Whatever. haha. This too shall pass.

Comment

• The Next Generation is playing on TV. Never seen it and now I know why. What a pile of shit. So Leatherface is some drag queen in what looks like a really bad paper mache mask.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw a few clips on this one video titled "Worst Horror Movie Characters" on Youtube or some shit like that, & Leatherface from TNG came in at number 3. I couldn't imagine watching the whole movie & sitting through all that fucking screaming & the horrendous performance in general.

And Rev, I think that what I said only applies to movies that genuinely push the bar (like the original did). If it's shit like TCM 3D, people will understand the hate & skip it, so it doesn't matter if you continue to bash it or not, people will still avoid it. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X