The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
    i own about 850 movies in my dvd collection. I have a separate room just for my dvds.
    I think I own around 4,000+ DVDs and BDs, of which 1,000+ are horror. My collection is banished to the attic because there isn't enough room for it. 4,000 might sound like a lot, but it's fairly modest compared with some collections/hoardes.
    Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
      Alright, my revised list of the franchise films from top to bottom would go as follows:

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
      2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
      3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
      4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
      5. Texas Chainsaw 3D
      6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre III
      7. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation
      Mine would be the same, except The Beginning would follow TC3D. The original and the remake make a good back-to-back watch, and I think the hilarity of TCM2 will go well with the brainlessness of TC3D.

Comment

• TCM 3D 5/10

Well I finally watched it

Beautiful Leading Ladies: Check all though said ladies do not get nude the ejaculation that could have been

Dan Yeager as Leatherface:

Screenplay:

Some ok kills: check

It's watchable but lacks the vibe a TCM brings to the table usually.

I would dare say TCM The Next Generation was better.

Comment

• After watching the new Chainsaw, I went back and revisited the rest of the series.,,

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 5/5

Best of the best. Still extremely effective to this day. One of the few films that really got to me.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 - 3.5/5

A significant departure (almost complete opposite) from the first film. Gory and not scary in least. It funny as well, and infinitely quotable. From "Lick my plate you dog dick" to "Oh my achin' banana" it never fails to amuse.

Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 - 2.5/5

More in line with the original, TCM isn't a bad film. Just a flawed one. Nothing about it really stands out. The violence is fairly mild. It doesn't bring anything new to the table. Still it has it's heart in the right place, and the cast is pretty enjoyable.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation - 1/5

Terrible on every level. Only worth watching for Matthew McConaughey's batshit crazy performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
            Terrible on every level. Only worth watching for Matthew McConaughey's batshit crazy performance.
            Where do you rank TCM 3D ???

Comment

• my rankings:

TCM '74
              TCM 2
              TCM: The Beginning
              TC3D
              TCM '03
              TCM III
              TCM: The Next Generation.

Enjoy them all but TNG. Can't stand outside of McConaughey's performance.
              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                Where do you rank TCM 3D ???
                I'd put 3D at the same level as TCM3. Not terrible, not great.

Comment

• I would put TCM3D slightly above TNG just because Leatherface wasn't in drag in it

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                  Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    my rankings:

TCM '74
                    TCM 2
                    TC3D
                    TCM '03
                    TCM III
                    TCM: The Next Generation.

Enjoy them all but TNG. Can't stand outside of McConaughey's performance.
                    Agreed with all of this.

Comment

• I would probably rank it.

TCM 74
                      TCM 2
                      TCM Remake
                      TCM The Beginning
                      TCM 3
                      TCM TNG
                      TCM 3D

All are watchable and enjoyable!

Comment

• New list would go as follows (in terms of favorites, not which movies are best):

TCM '74
                        TCM '03
                        TCM 3D
                        TCM 2
                        TCM III
                        TCM: TNG

I still love The Beginning but looking back, I think it could've been far better considering how well done the remake was. It just lacked that grit the remake had. And Leatherface was given even more of that Voorhees vibe.

Comment

• I've only just heard about the All American Massacre . In case you don't know it's a prequel to the original and is filmed by Hooper's son. It stars Bill Moseley as chop-top whose in jail telling stories about his family.

[YOUTUBE]gWY6nj4roBM[/YOUTUBE]

Why the hell are they taking so long? I'm sure loads of people will want to see this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                            I've only just heard about the All American Massacre . In case you don't know it's a prequel to the original and is filmed by Hooper's son. It stars Bill Moseley as chop-top whose in jail telling stories about his family.

[YOUTUBE]gWY6nj4roBM[/YOUTUBE]

Why the hell are they taking so long? I'm sure loads of people will want to see this.
                            Looks like low budget fun .. This is the first time I've ever heard about this!

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                              Looks like low budget fun .. This is the first time I've ever heard about this!
                              Yeah, Chop Top alone should make it worth watching.

Found an interesting article about it below + it has its own website. Sounds like they just need to finish editing.

http://horrorhomework.com/blog/2013/...ainsaw-sequel/

http://www.allamericanmassacremovie.com/index2.html

Comment

• I've only seen the original, its one first sequel, the remake, and most of the sequel to the remake. The original was awesome (I would give it ten out of ten stars). A brilliant masterpiece with pretty good performances, especially for a slasher-esque movie. The best performances were definitely on the part of the cannibal family. I found the story to be relatively unique and the make-up for Leatherface was definitely very creepy (by far the creepiest in all The Texas Chainsaw movies). The sequel was pretty good (I would probably give it seven out of ten stars), the humor was definitely really good. The performances, especially Hopper's were pretty good. I did not think it was as good as the original, but still pretty good nonetheless. As for the remake, I actually thought it was pretty well done. One of the better of the franchise horror films remade. The film was overall really good (I would probably give it about eight out of ten stars). The acting was really good, especially the father as Sheriff Hoyt. Furthermore, it added a great deal to mythos of the Texas Chainsaw and was quite successful (in my opinion) of building sympathy for both the characters being killed and the family (especially Leatherface) doing the killing. My main criticisms is that there was too much torture and part of the attraction of these franchises is not truly understanding the characters, which this film decided to explore (although I believe it did it best compared to some of the other franchise remakes). I do not really recall the sequel to the remake. Ultimately, I have not seen all the movies in The Texas Chainsaw series, but the ones I have seen were really good.
                                Last edited by history1066; 06-21-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X