Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007) Reviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Zombie's "Halloween"(2007).....Where to begin with this one? The casting was all over the place. Sheri Moon Zombie was pretty good, Danielle Harris is always great to watch, Daeg Faerch was frickin' awesome, and Scout Taylor Compton was "ok". Her screaming got really annoying after awhile towards the end of the movie. Malcolm McDowell was so hammy and mediocre for most of his scenes. What a disgrace!! Tyler Mane as Michael Myers is terrific!! That huge big daddy was overwhelming as hell and had wonderful screen presence!! Great choice to play Michael!! The music is also pretty good. Storyline was alright for the most part,but many of the changes Zombie made were glaring out at us die hard Halloween fans. So I can see why many fans were livid with this remake. Brad Dourif was hammy and campy and was just as bad as McDowell. Like come on, these guys are suppose to be VETS!! Their acting in was so wooden and robotic and barely had any emotion. It is like they just "read" their lines!! I didnt like the ending too much either. Why change the ending so drastically? Zombie should have shot it like the original. Anyways, I am very happy to see the lovely Danielle Harris back in the series and thought she was terrific as "Annie"!! On an end note..what the hell was with all the guys with long greasy hair? 4 guys including Daeg all had that hippi like long hair that looked nasty!! It is also a shame Adrienne Barbeau's scenes were cut from the original release. I thought it would have been a great cameo. After all..she is a great veteran of the horror/sci fi films. All in all this version of the 70's classic is not a great one...but it is good.

6.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
      Rob Zombie's "Halloween"(2007).....Where to begin with this one? The casting was all over the place. Sheri Moon Zombie was pretty good, Danielle Harris is always great to watch, Daeg Faerch was frickin' awesome, and Scout Taylor Compton was "ok". Her screaming got really annoying after awhile towards the end of the movie. Malcolm McDowell was so hammy and mediocre for most of his scenes. What a disgrace!! Tyler Mane as Michael Myers is terrific!! That huge big daddy was overwhelming as hell and had wonderful screen presence!! Great choice to play Michael!! The music is also pretty good. Storyline was alright for the most part,but many of the changes Zombie made were glaring out at us die hard Halloween fans. So I can see why many fans were livid with this remake. Brad Dourif was hammy and campy and was just as bad as McDowell. Like come on, these guys are suppose to be VETS!! Their acting in was so wooden and robotic and barely had any emotion. It is like they just "read" their lines!! I didnt like the ending too much either. Why change the ending so drastically? Zombie should have shot it like the original. Anyways, I am very happy to see the lovely Danielle Harris back in the series and thought she was terrific as "Annie"!! On an end note..what the hell was with all the guys with long greasy hair? 4 guys including Daeg all had that hippi like long hair that looked nasty!! It is also a shame Adrienne Barbeau's scenes were cut from the original release. I thought it would have been a great cameo. After all..she is a great veteran of the horror/sci fi films. All in all this version of the 70's classic is not a great one...but it is good.

6.5/10
      oh yeah pretty much this.

(6/10)

Comment

• Rob Zombie proves why he is the master of horror. I actually prefer the remake to the original since its Rob and he just masters everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
          Rob Zombie proves why he is the master of horror. I actually prefer the remake to the original since its Rob and he just masters everything.
          Alright enough of the stupidity. We get it......you like Rob Zombie. What you don't get is some (probably most) people don't like Rob Zombie around here. Both opinions are welcome. But this post, and a few other recent ones, is just trolling pretty much. Get over it -- Rob Zombie is not well liked by some horror fans (and that's alright NW.....not everybody must hold your opinion).

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
            Alright enough of the stupidity. We get it......you like Rob Zombie. What you don't get is some (probably most) people don't like Rob Zombie around here. Both opinions are welcome. But this post, and a few other recent ones, is just trolling pretty much. Get over it -- Rob Zombie is not well liked by some horror fans (and that's alright NW.....not everybody must hold your opinion).
            This...

Would someone ban this stupid fuck already? I am not bashing his opinions, however I find his liking these shit remakes so much and saying they are better than the originals to be horse shit. IMO this dick has no relevance here in such a place where classic cinema is appreciated and untolerable to these trendy piece of shit remakes. Im sorry if this might piss off a few mods but NW can go fuck himself.

Comment

• Why can't NW prefer the remake to the original? It's his preference/taste/opinion.

The original will always slay the lessor that is the remake for me tbh

Comment

• I haven't watch this movie since it was released. I didn't really like it back then, but for whatever reason I gave it a rewatch this weekend (via amazon prime free streaming) and I actually enjoyed it. Quite a bit - More then I remembered it. It was more intense then I remembered and it was shot very well. I dunno I'm kinda a fan of it now.
                Last edited by cubbiechris; 04-28-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                  I haven't watch this movie since it was released. I didn't really like it back then, but for whatever reason I gave it a rewatch this weekend (via amazon prime free streaming) and I actually enjoyed it. Quite a bit - More then I remembered it. It was more intense then I remembered and it was shot very well. I dunno I'm kinda a fan of it now.
                  this is very interesting. i hated the first one and absolutely adored the second. but i have so much love for rob, that i fully plan on giving halloween a re-watch. it's good to heart that time improved it for you, chris. i really wanted to like it, and i fucking love all of rob's other flicks.

Wes Craven, RIP
                  1939-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                    this is very interesting. i hated the first one and absolutely adored the second.
                    sigpic
                    R.I.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                      this is very interesting. i hated the first one and absolutely adored the second. but i have so much love for rob, that i fully plan on giving halloween a re-watch. it's good to heart that time improved it for you, chris. i really wanted to like it, and i fucking love all of rob's other flicks.
                      Watch it again. I was surprised I was sucked right in and I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                        I haven't watch this movie since it was released. I didn't really like it back then, but for whatever reason I gave it a rewatch this weekend (via amazon prime free streaming) and I actually enjoyed it. Quite a bit - More then I remembered it. It was more intense then I remembered and it was shot very well. I dunno I'm kinda a fan of it now.
                        The remake is so under appreciated. I love how it's shot, I love how menacing Michael is, and most of all I love how well Zombie's edgy white trash dialogue and characters mesh together to with the setting to create a true "Halloween" vibe that I feel got lost in the original sequels.

The sequel is just sad.

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                        this is very interesting. i hated the first one and absolutely adored the second.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                          The remake is so under appreciated. I love how it's shot, I love how menacing Michael is, and most of all I love how well Zombie's edgy white trash dialogue and characters mesh together to with the setting to create a true "Halloween" vibe that I feel got lost in the original sequels.

The sequel is just sad.
                          Really ?

I feel as though Robs versions have no "Halloween" vibe at all hence why they don't work as Halloween movies.

Comment

• It's starting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              Really ?

I feel as though Robs versions have no "Halloween" vibe at all hence why they don't work as Halloween movies.
                              The entire movie, especially the scene with Laurie and Lynda (?) walking home after school looks exactly how my city looks in the Fall.

The only other movie to give me that Autumn vibe so strongly is Carpenter's original.

EDIT: Just remembered Trick R' Treat. That's up there for sure when it comes to a Halloween feel in movies.
                              Last edited by Se7en; 04-28-2014, 11:53 PM.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• I really liked the back story Rob Zombie gave of Michael Myers as a kid. I could watch a whole movie of just that. The first half hour or whatever was great.
                                Last edited by Mr. Awesome; 04-29-2014, 01:29 AM.

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                                A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                                http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

Working...
                                X