Silent Night Deadly Night (1984)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
    Ahhh, I get it. I thought it was just the cunt phenom.Same to you, homie!
    sigpic
    Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
    Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
    Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."

Comment

• Merry Christmas!

I have just published on my site, my article Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984): A Slasher Christmas Cracker.

Check it out, thanks for reading.

Comment

• "Silent Night,Deadly Night".....This 1984 slasher is terrific and one of the best!! Solid storyline/screenplay,cool bloody gore,suspense, and thrills. Robert Brian Wilson as "Billy" was pretty good for his screen debut. Such a hunky man!! I thought he did a good job on switching his facial expressions to that of a man going deeper into madness. He was menacing at times...which made the character believable as he began to snap. Kudos also go to the wonderful outdoor scenes and the direction. The woman who plays "Sister Margaret" is a good supporting player and the child actors who portray young "Billy" and "Ricky" were all good too. Some great death scenes also highlight the movie. A solid and disturbing flick!!

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
          "Silent Night,Deadly Night".....This 1984 slasher is terrific and one of the best!! Solid storyline/screenplay,cool bloody gore,suspense, and thrills. Robert Brian Wilson as "Billy" was pretty good for his screen debut. Such a hunky man!! I thought he did a good job on switching his facial expressions to that of a man going deeper into madness. He was menacing at times...which made the character believable as he began to snap. Kudos also go to the wonderful outdoor scenes and the direction. The woman who plays "Sister Margaret" is a good supporting player and the child actors who portray young "Billy" and "Ricky" were all good too. Some great death scenes also highlight the movie. A solid and disturbing flick!!

9/10
          one of the better slashers from the early to mid 80's.

(8/10)

Comment

• I have the original on dvd but haven't seen the others, I really liked the recent remake, that film is getting way to much of a hard time

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]-St2KWLHodc[/YOUTUBE]I just reviewed this flick because well, tis' the season.

I think this is truly a classic slasher. I think Billy is such a great killer. Denise's death on the buck horns is still solid to this day.

Comment

• Anybody in PA who is by a Digiplex Cinema --there will be showings of this on the big screen this Friday. None of my local friends are into horror and I may have to go by myself which sucks but would be cool to see this on the big screen.
                Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

• I would love to see it on the big screen but it's playing nowhere near me.

I've heard from people who have seen it that its unfortunately the R rated cut. Still would be cool!
                  Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    I would love to see it on the big screen but it's playing nowhere near me.

I've heard from people who have seen it that its unfortunately the R rated cut. Still would be cool!
                    I didn't even think about the unrated version which would be awesome to see on the big screen. Guess the rated version would be pretty good to see though but man that unrated version would rock! I was VERY surprised when I saw they were playing it. I just lucked out stumbling upon the listing which sometimes are easy to miss on the digiplex website. They also had Halloween 4 there during Halloween season which was kind of cool. Hope they continue to do this and hope other movie chains jump in too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                      I didn't even think about the unrated version which would be awesome to see on the big screen. Guess the rated version would be pretty good to see though but man that unrated version would rock! I was VERY surprised when I saw they were playing it. I just lucked out stumbling upon the listing which sometimes are easy to miss on the digiplex website. They also had Halloween 4 there during Halloween season which was kind of cool. Hope they continue to do this and hope other movie chains jump in too!
                      The uncut footage is in rough shape on the DVD so I guess they couldn't use it in the theatrical print.

I would die to see this in theaters regardless of which version is playing. My theater advertised playing Halloween 4 & 5 but never actually played it.

Fuckers
                      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• It would be amazing to see this on the big screen, unfortunately nothing cool like this ever comes to my area.

I definitely plan on revisiting 1-2, 5, and the reboot this month... parts 3 and 4 are unwatchable.

Comment

• Just watched the reboot for the second time last night and really enjoyed it even more than the first watch. Gotta say the remake is one of the better ones (remakes) in recent times.

We didn't get shit for years and years here but thankfully our cinema was bought out and changed. They do a good job of offering different things although much is garbage (to me at least.....musicals and operas) but do have some cool shit here and there. I'm still surprised as I live in a smaller area in midfuck PA.

Comment

Just watched the reboot for the second time last night and really enjoyed it even more than the first watch. Gotta say the remake is one of the better ones (remakes) in recent times.

We didn't get shit for years and years here but thankfully our cinema was bought out and changed. They do a good job of offering different things although much is garbage (to me at least.....musicals and operas) but do have some cool shit here and there. I'm still surprised as I live in a smaller area in midfuck PA.
                            I watched it for a second time last week myself. I really dig it. Some great death sequences and lots of sleaze. Love the naked bitch who gets thrown into the wood chipper
                            Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

Anybody in PA who is by a Digiplex Cinema --there will be showings of this on the big screen this Friday. None of my local friends are into horror and I may have to go by myself which sucks but would be cool to see this on the big screen.
                              It sucks when you can't drag a friend along to one of these horror showings. It's actually playing in a cinema not too far from me but I think I'll give it a miss this year.

I will however be watching my DVD once I get my Xmas decorations up. I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and thought it was average although I had high hopes. Maybe with renewed expectations I'll enjoy it more.

Comment

• "Silent Night,Deadly Night".....This 1984 slasher is terrific and one of the best!! Solid storyline/screenplay, cool bloody gore, suspense, and thrills. Robert Brian Wilson as "Billy" was pretty good for his screen debut. Such a hunky man too!! I thought he did a good job on switching his facial expressions to that of a man going deeper into madness. He was menacing at times...which made the character believable as he began to snap. Kudos also go to the wonderful outdoor location scenes and the direction. The woman who plays "Sister Margaret" is a good supporting player and the child actors who portray young "Billy" and "Ricky" are both good too. Some great death scenes also highlight the movie. Love the impaling scene of that ugly Linnea Quigley's character!! LOL! A top notch and disturbing horror film!!

9/10

Comment

Working...
                                X