A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArebellionLove View Post
    It would be sweet to see a GOOD prequel.
    No it wouldn't. I don't see what is sooo exciting about a nightmare prequel. Freddy would be a real person! People complained that Rob Zombie stuffed up HALLOWEEN by making Myers human. Why would they want to see a humanised Freddy? IMO this prequel thing was a gay idea and I'm glad they scraped it.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

We don't need a prequel. 6 already told us what he did earlier on, and any more info would ruin the mystique. It's as bad as someone telling you the ending to the film right when it has started. And Englund's idea of having the human Freddy on trial is a terrible idea and would not work no matter who worked on it. He needs to stop watching Law and Order if he thinks this is where the franchise should go next.

Comment

A prequel COULD be cool.if they were aloud to get rediculously graphic with the child murders...
        if john(HENRY) mcnaughton was attached to a prequel it could of been pretty sweet..But i just couldent see them getting away with the a bunch of kids getting killed on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ZOMBIERAPEBONANZA View Post
          A prequel COULD be cool.if they were aloud to get rediculously graphic with the child murders...
          if john(HENRY) mcnaughton was attached to a prequel it could of been pretty sweet..But i just couldent see them getting away with the a bunch of kids getting killed on screen.
          I'm a little worried by your post.

About the news, I'm happy this will be another sequel. However, I can see it getting remade sometime in the future. As long as it's cheesy fun like the others, I'm down.

Comment

Go

About Rob Zombie's Halloween, I look at it as another Halloween movie. Its Rob Zombie's NOT John Carpenter's. People have trouble understanding it. I'm able to enjoy Michael slashing it up again unlike other "fans".

*vomits* No prequel for me!

I'd love to see A Nightmare on Elm Street 6 which (obvously) takes place inbetween Dream Child and Freddy's Dead.

I'd love to see alot of survivors involved (Jesse, Lisa, Dr. Gordon, Alice, Jacob and maby even Nancy as a ghost in the dream world). I'd also love to see them somehow get tied into a new group of teens, suffering from Freddy nightmares, in Springwood but definitly NOT to be set in modern times. It should late 80's-early 90's. Alot of razor glove deaths, quirky and extremely errie unpredictible dream stuff and alot of homages to the original. And definitly a glove design like from 4&5. And focus on Freddy's makeup. Make it look real and disqusting. Make him less of a comedian and more of dark sicko laughing in people's face before he eventully kills them like Wes Craven intended Freddy to be.

I'd also love to see a very errie nightmare opening and maby contain Freddy reviving after Part 5.

Not sure of an actual story line but it should be as good as the first three Freddy movies.
            ________
            Daimler Majestic
            Last edited by The-Boogeyman; 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

As long as it has Robert Englund, I'm game.
              You read my sig, that's enough social activity for one day.

Comment

They Should Call It "Springwood Slasher" ..
                My Youtube
                My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by The-Boogeyman View Post
                  About Rob Zombie's Halloween, I look at it as another Halloween movie. Its Rob Zombie's NOT John Carpenter's. People have trouble understanding it. I'm able to enjoy Michael slashing it up again unlike other "fans".
                  No.

People hate it because it isn't a good movie and rob zombie just isn't a good filmmaker.

If zombie had some directorial and writing ability, then his movies probably wouldn't suck as much as they do and he wouldn't be hated.

Something people like you just don't understand.

And by the way, since the 2nd 1/2 of it was basically a paint-by-numbers rehash of Carpenter's, in a way, it really isn't rob zombie's wholly. The parts he came up with on his own were stupid and the rest was just a dumbed-down repeat.

Comment

Good day for a ressurrection.
                    "When deep sleep falleth on men, Fear came upon me,
                    and trembling, Which made all my bones to shake."
                    -Job 4:13-14

Comment

Go

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                      No.

People hate it because it isn't a good movie and rob zombie just isn't a good filmmaker.

If zombie had some directorial and writing ability, then his movies probably wouldn't suck as much as they do and he wouldn't be hated.

Something people like you just don't understand.

And by the way, since the 2nd 1/2 of it was basically a paint-by-numbers rehash of Carpenter's, in a way, it really isn't rob zombie's wholly. The parts he came up with on his own were stupid and the rest was just a dumbed-down repeat.
                      I completely disagree. I loved The Devil's Rejects and thought it was great and more than just a horror movie. But this is all opinions. So I don't think understanding has anything to do with it.
                      ________
                      HONDA ACCORD HYBRID SPECIFICATIONS
                      Last edited by The-Boogeyman; 02-22-2011, 08:26 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Why remake or do a sequel anyways? same goes for the stoopid Halloween remake and the stoopid Friday the 13th remake.
                        A Nightmare on Elm Street should just be left alone 7 movies is good why more? why do they need to wreck a perfectly decent horror franchise. A remake will just wreck it because well Elm Street is original and it's not like its 30-40yrs old to remake it, the effects are good enough. A revamp will also wreck it and well a sequel doesn't make sense. The only sequel they need to do is Freddy Vs Jason 2. No one want a remake or a sequel to the individual series. But then again that requires thinking power to create a brand new script whereas a remake doesn't.

It will end up being a remake to compete with the Halloween remake and the Friday the 13th remake.

Comment

Go

Originally posted by horror4me View Post
                          Why remake or do a sequel anyways? same goes for the stoopid Halloween remake and the stoopid Friday the 13th remake.
                          A Nightmare on Elm Street should just be left alone 7 movies is good why more? why do they need to wreck a perfectly decent horror franchise. A remake will just wreck it because well Elm Street is original and it's not like its 30-40yrs old to remake it, the effects are good enough. A revamp will also wreck it and well a sequel doesn't make sense. The only sequel they need to do is Freddy Vs Jason 2. No one want a remake or a sequel to the individual series. But then again that requires thinking power to create a brand new script whereas a remake doesn't.

It will end up being a remake to compete with the Halloween remake and the Friday the 13th remake.
                          Why not another sequel? Freddy's Dead was horrible and FvJ was a complete embarestment for Freddy fans. He was Jason's ragdoll. I think one more movie to show Freddy's true horror would be great.
                          ________
                          Honda S500 specifications
                          sigpic

Comment

Its Rob Zombie's NOT John Carpenter's. People have trouble understanding it.
                            I completely disagree. I loved The Devil's Rejects and thought it was great and more than just a horror movie. But this is all opinions. So I don't think understanding has anything to do with it.
                            Oh, so it's a matter of misunderstanding only when someone doesn't like it, but it's just a matter of opinion when someone does?

Dude, let's not start this shit in a Freddy thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
                              Shit this is going to get raped just like Halloween did, the only way it could possibly even be acceptable is with Robert and Wes.
                              ...even if, it would most likely still suck ass. Freddy's Dead and New Nightmare were plain awful. Attempting to revisit something that was strung along too far in the 1st place cannot be a good thing, whether it be a sequel or a remake. They need to just stop with rehashing ANYTHING already.
                              And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
                              And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
                              I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
                              to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

Go

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                                Oh, so it's a matter of misunderstanding only when someone doesn't like it, but it's just a matter of opinion when someone does?

Dude, let's not start this shit in a Freddy thread...
                                What I said is factual. It is Rob Zombie's Halloween. Whether it is good or not is entire an opinion.

But you had to jump on be about it, I was just stating my thoughts.
                                ________
                                Honda Superhawk
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X