A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

According to the news page on BD, New Line is trying to get another Nightmare on Elm Street film made.
    Whether it's going to be a sequel on remake is not clear. I'm not sure how to feel about this news (remake wise) but seeing Freddy on the big screen again is an exciting thought.

Update: For those that don't know, Platinum Dude's are officially on board the project to resurrect the dream demon known as Freddy Krueger. It seems the film it being produced the Warner and is scheduled to start shooting this Spring. A script has been written but there has been no word on whether it is final or not.
    Last edited by Zombie Dude; 12-30-2008, 06:22 PM.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Bunch of us already started talkin bou this in another thread. Pretty sure it's just another plain old boring sequel.

How will they do it is the only interesting question to me. Will they ignore New Nightmare as well as FvsJ, or will they ignore Freaddy's Dead. Either way, the Nightmare series has never been popular for keeping up good continuity.

Other than that, in the age of prequels and remakes, I think a lame sequel is the last thing this series needs.

I still couldn't resist the lre if it was a sequel...no matter how much it sucks I always love to see my favorite killers in action. As long as Freddy gets more kills in than in FvsJ I'll be kool.
    Last edited by PsykotikDelusion; 01-04-2008, 09:30 PM.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykotikDelusion View Post
      Bunch of us already started talkin bou this in another thread. Pretty sure it's just another plain old boring sequel.

How will they do it is the only interesting question to me. Will they ignore New Nightmare as well as FvsJ, or will they ignore Freaddy's Dead. Either way, the Nightmare series has never been popular for keeping up good continuity.

Other than that, in the age of prequels and remakes, I think a lame sequel is the last thing this series needs.

I still couldn't resist the lre if it was a sequel...no matter how much it sucks I always love to see my favorite killers in action. As long as Freddy gets more kills in than in FvsJ I'll be kool.
      New Nightmare is a stand-alone, not a continuing sequel. And if this happens I think a remake would be the most likely option.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

too late, they already said it wasn't going to be a remake, but a regular old sequel. that's what makes me wonder if they are going to pick up from Freddy's Dead, or New Nightmare.
        There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.

Comment

What's with all the remakes anyways?
          Know this intention. Forever stronger than all.

Comment

You Guys Are Spoiled....

Originally posted by GrampaGruesome View Post
            What's with all the remakes anyways?
            They suck. But what's all the hate about a sequel?
            THIS is what we want, not a re-do of what we love,
            but a continuation of it. Damn, there's just no pleasing some people.

Comment

As long as Fred's on the big screen im happy .

[XBOXLIVE]AOD Slasher 911[/XBOXLIVE]
              Playstation 3 Online ID: Stingray911

When the bullet hits the bone...

Game Of The Year=Metal Gear Solid 4

Comment

Originally posted by RedSabbath View Post
                Quoted for truth. Can't believe people would rather see a remake than an original concept.
                AG Draft '09
                Leon: The Professional - Luc Besson
                Zodiac - David Fincher
                The Usual Suspects - Bryan Singer
                Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead - Lloyd Kaufman
                Forrest Gump - Robert Zemeckis
                Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke - Lou Adler
                Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Steve Barron
                Secretary - Steven Shainberg
                The Holy Mountain - Alejandro Jodorowsky
                Y Tu Mamá También - Alfonso Cuarón
                A Night at the Opera - Sam Wood
                Prozac Nation - Erik Skjoldbjærg
                Zombie Strippers! - Jay Lee

Comment

Originally posted by RedSabbath View Post
                  Quoted for truth.

Sequels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Remakes

It doesn't even have to pick up directly from any previous film.

Ignore FREDDY'S DEAD and maybe only make a passing reference, if anything at all to any of the other films.

Same villain + new story & characters

Not too hard to wrap ones head around, and a lot better than a "reimagining" of something that only needs tweaking and not a complete overhaul.

Too bad no one understood that concept regarding HALLOWEEN.

Comment

I'd hate to say it but I think a remake is better, how are they gonna continue the series Freddy's Dead or New Nightmare or Freddy vs. Jason. If they do another sequel its just gonna be a lame and stupid and boring and dull. I would like to see a Freddy vs. Jason 2. But whats the point The Friday remake
                    is coming out. So they should just remake the movie (its gonna get remade anyway). Just get finished with all these remakes.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                      Quoted for truth.

Sequels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Remakes

It doesn't even have to pick up directly from any previous film.

Ignore FREDDY'S DEAD and maybe only make a passing reference, if anything at all to any of the other films.

Same villain + new story & characters

Not too hard to wrap ones head around, and a lot better than a "reimagining" of something that only needs tweaking and not a complete overhaul.

Too bad no one understood that concept regarding HALLOWEEN.
                      Rob Zombie's Halloween > Resurrection x 50
                      Hypocritical Nazis Corner.

Maybe this stems from the fact that you are a neo-nazi fuckwad? [...] Your genes are what need to be rid of from this world.
                      Fuckin' guy's a dipshit withno morals. [...] People like that are useless and should be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykotikDelusion View Post
                        too late, they already said it wasn't going to be a remake, but a regular old sequel. that's what makes me wonder if they are going to pick up from Freddy's Dead, or New Nightmare.
                        Where did you hear that? A far as I understand it's a clean slate (prequel idea scrapped). That leaves sequel or remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cophin View Post
                          Rob Zombie's Halloween > Resurrection x 50
                          No.

U dum.

Comment

Im betting its gonna be a remake. With halloween and Friday the 13th already remade I doubt the studios would waver from that path.
                            If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                              No.

U dum.
                              You're telling me you'd rather see Busta Rhymes karate fight Michael than sit through Zombie's Halloween?

U crazy
                              Hypocritical Nazis Corner.

Maybe this stems from the fact that you are a neo-nazi fuckwad? [...] Your genes are what need to be rid of from this world.
                              Fuckin' guy's a dipshit withno morals. [...] People like that are useless and should be killed.

Comment

Working...
                              X