Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GidgetGein View Post
    You really think so? I still have to disagree. Between the two, I liked JGTH more than Jason X. While both of them were really dumb, the CG and stupid characters made me cringe in Jason X. I'm sorry, but they just do.
    I'm not a fan of CG, but I do like some of the stupid characters in Jason X. I'm not fond of the actual character, but more of their actions.

    Jason Goes to Hell has even more CG, which is even worse and even stupider characters... Like what's-his-face, the geek in glasses...Steven? Anyway, he is probably the worst actor in the entire series, and he got the lead?
    Originally posted by i'm normal! View Post
    To me, i love the Friday The 13th series. Even Jason X and JGTH, Maybe it's because of the fact that i am a total Friday The 13th fan. Who knows, i mean yes, Jason X and JGTH had their faults. But they're a least better than Part.5, It didn't have Jason as the killer, it was some bullcrap killer. But it did have very good gore in it, i give it that.
    Part 5 is awesome. Ethel alone tops anything in Jason X or JGTH.
    Originally posted by i'm normal! View Post
    Oh and before you say anything, i said i loved THE Friday the 13th series, i never said All the series.
    Huh?
    Originally posted by D_KILLER View Post
    They can’t be. Although I’ve never seen the versions contained in the ‘Crystal Lake to Manhattan’ box-set, as it has never been available in the U.K, I’m pretty sure what I have on VCD are the same as the now available U.K DVD editions of part 1, 3 and 4.

    For example, the copy of part 1 I had on VHS in the 90’s (before the BBFC waved the cuts) was the same as the R rated American version, which is in the box-set right?

    I can recall wasting some time on Youtube and going through all the ‘F13’ stuff, and there was this bloke who filmed him and his friends having a marathon of all F13’s on a Friday the 13th. He uses the ‘CLTM’ box-set, and you can see on the TV they’re watching; Jack’s death scene from part 1 is the cut down version with no cut to an over head shot prolonging his murder. I have this scene in its full gory glory! Here’s links to two Youtube videos -


    Jack’s cut death from the marathon, which pops up at about the six minute mark:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMQYpYRjHBQ


    The uncut scene as how it appears in my VCD copy:

    [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIjvKgSpLDs

    I was talking about 3 and 4, it's a well-known fact Part 1 is censored in America, except for the retarded hybrid, which is still censored.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
      I was talking about 3 and 4, it's a well-known fact Part 1 is censored in America, except for the retarded hybrid, which is still censored.
      Oh right, I didn't know parts 3 and 4 in the U.S were the same as europe and Asia. But I heard that the main complaints about the 'CLTM' box-set, from American F13 fans, was that all the films were cut to shreads. I assumed tha they were the same versions I had on old British VHS before the cuts were waved by the BBFC. If you have a multi region DVD player, then if might be worth you getting part 1 imported from Britain on Region 2. I really want to replace my VCD copies with the DVD's, but I can't find them in my city. I go England once a year for a month, so I could get them there; but everything in London is so fucking expensive!

      Last edited by D_KILLER; 06-29-2008, 07:25 AM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D_KILLER View Post
        Oh right, I didn't know parts 3 and 4 in the U.S were the same as europe and Asia. But I heard that the main complaints about the 'CLTM' box-set, from American F13 fans, was that all the films were cut to shreads. I assumed tha they were the same versions I had on old British VHS before the cuts were waved by the BBFC. If you have a multi region DVD player, then if might be worth you getting part 1 imported from Britain on Region 2. I really want to replace my VCD copies with the DVD's, but I can't find them in my city. I go England once a year for a month, so I could get them there; but everything in London is so fucking expensive!

        I think you might be mistaking the complaints about the movies not being unrated. We've always known they were cut to pieces.

        And, about me importing Part 1 from Britain...




        ...I think I'm covered.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
          I think you might be mistaking the complaints about the movies not being unrated. We've always known they were cut to pieces.

          And, about me importing Part 1 from Britain...




          ...I think I'm covered.
          You look for any chance to show that pic, don't you?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
            You look for any chance to show that pic, don't you?
            I carry it around in my wallet, too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
              I carry it around in my wallet, too.
              You are a silly little duck.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                I'm not a fan of CG, but I do like some of the stupid characters in Jason X. I'm not fond of the actual character, but more of their actions.

                Jason Goes to Hell has even more CG, which is even worse and even stupider characters... Like what's-his-face, the geek in glasses...Steven? Anyway, he is probably the worst actor in the entire series, and he got the lead?
                Well, I'll admit it was cool to see some of the actors from Andromeda in Jason X. It's starting to turn into a weak argument, but the CG in JGTH had more of a early 90s feel. I just liked it better.

                On another note, Part 4 with Corey Feldman is still one of my favorites.

                Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                Part 5 is awesome. Ethel alone tops anything in Jason X or JGTH.
                She was the one with that man-boy child on the motorbike that couldn't stop screaming, right? Whatever Friday that was, it was pretty funny. ...Irritating, but funny.

                Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post

                Missing one, eh?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post




                  ...I think I'm covered.
                  YOU'RE MISSING ONE!

                  Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                  I carry it around in my wallet, too.
                  RIGHT NEXT TO THE PIC OF ME, RIGHT MAN?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GidgetGein View Post
                    Well, I'll admit it was cool to see some of the actors from Andromeda in Jason X. It's starting to turn into a weak argument, but the CG in JGTH had more of a early 90s feel. I just liked it better.
                    Petty argument... Like comparing rape to molestation.
                    Originally posted by GidgetGein View Post
                    On another note, Part 4 with Corey Feldman is still one of my favorites.
                    Top 4 for me.
                    Originally posted by GidgetGein View Post
                    She was the one with that man-boy child on the motorbike that couldn't stop screaming, right? Whatever Friday that was, it was pretty funny. ...Irritating, but funny.
                    Yeah, that's Part 5. That woman is just funny.
                    Originally posted by GidgetGein View Post
                    Missing one, eh?
                    Jason Lives Alternate eludes me.
                    Originally posted by crazygrusem View Post
                    YOU'RE MISSING ONE!
                    NO SHIT, DICK!
                    Originally posted by crazygrusem View Post
                    RIGHT NEXT TO THE PIC OF ME, RIGHT MAN?
                    MOS DEF.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post




                      ...I think I'm covered.
                      Nice set up. All you need is the NES game as a centerpiece

                      Whats the middle JGTH, Ive not seen that one?


                      Is he going to lose both bones?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                        Nice set up. All you need is the NES game as a centerpiece
                        Yeah, I wish I had that...





                        Oh, I guess I already do.
                        Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                        Whats the middle JGTH, Ive not seen that one?
                        It's the work-print.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                          Yeah, I wish I had that...


                          Oh, I guess I already do.
                          All I see is a dot since sometimes PB is blocked from this PC but I'm sure you have it, they're everywhere!

                          It's the work-print.
                          AH, anything different than the unrated version?


                          Is he going to lose both bones?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                            All I see is a dot since sometimes PB is blocked from this PC but I'm sure you have it, they're everywhere!
                            I totally have it.
                            Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                            AH, anything different than the unrated version?
                            Yeah, it's listed in the first post of the thread.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                              Yeah, it's listed in the first post of the thread.

                              So you mean I have to go all the way to first page..gooooooood.


                              Is he going to lose both bones?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                                So you mean I have to go all the way to first page..gooooooood.
                                I had to read that twice, before I realize it was "god" carried out and not "good".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X