Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
    www.fleshwoundvideo.com They have Parts 1 uncut, 3 in 3-D, 4 extended, 5 "version 2", and 6 with full Sheriff kill(I don't have this yet, so I can't comment on anything other than knowing the Sheriff's full kill is in it). They also have Jason Goes to Hell work print, which I have but not watched yet. They're not officially released, but they're not illegal. Parts 4 and 5 have kind of poor picture quality, but your eyes adjust to it. Part 1 is the exact copy of the Region 2 disc, so it looks pretty. The 3-D for Part 3 is not very good, but I also hate 3-D movies, so I can't judge it fairly. And, we all know Part 1 is released uncut through WB everywhere except North America.

It would be nice to see some official releases, but Paramount just suck. Even their deleted/extended/alternate scenes on the bonus disc of the box set are incomplete, as they miss out on a lot from Parts 4 and 5.
    Thanks. I may have to look into picking those up.

Paramount sucks ass. I'd love to get the Friday movies uncut along with My Bloody Valentine. I'm sure they have other movies (that I can't think of) they could release uncut/unrated that would be awesome to have. Bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
      Thanks. I may have to look into picking those up.

Paramount sucks ass. I'd love to get the Friday movies uncut along with My Bloody Valentine. I'm sure they have other movies (that I can't think of) they could release uncut/unrated that would be awesome to have. Bastards.
      They have April Fool's Day, which isn't really violent, but apparently still got censored. MBV had like 9 minutes cut out, it's said. That would have to be one awesome uncut version. The director is trying like hell to do it or do a sequel with the excised footage in flashbacks.

Comment

a sequel with the excised footage in flashbacks.
        That would be kinda strange, but if it's the only way to see the footage, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
          That would be kinda strange, but if it's the only way to see the footage, why not?
          Gotta take what we can get. I just hope it doesn't end up like Silent Night, Deadly Night 2.

Comment

Nice thread Dobe. Keep up the good work.
            'When people ask me if I went to film school, I say, "No, I went to films." - Quentin Tarantino

Comment

Halloween has always been my favorite of the "Big 3," but Friday the 13th has a special place in my heart too. Haven't watched any of them in a while though, but I've got a week before I gotta go back to school so maybe it's time to dust them off and watch 'em again.

Movies recently seen:

The Boneyard- 6/10
              Clash of the Titans '10- 8/10
              The Exorcist- 10/10
              Wrath of the Titans- 7/10
              Zombie- 8/10

Comment

I bought Jason takes Manhattan a few months ago, hadn't seen it in years. Too bad Jason spent only a few seconds in New York. I heard it was filmed in canada. Sucks cause NY is my favorite city in the world
                Don't fuck with the babysitter

Comment

I actually timed it.... They spend about 10 minutes in Crystal Lake, 50 minutes on a cruise ship, 36 minutes in New York, and of course 4 minutes for end credits. So despite being in NYC for only a half hour, that's more than just a second or minute or few minutes.

Certainly doesn't totally merit the complaint "shoulda been called Jason takes a Cruise Ship".

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

It was originally supposed to be 80% in NYC, but budget constraints made them work with the sets on the ship and in Canada. Hearing Rob Hedden talking about what should have been makes me wish it had happened. His original version, which would have been around 2 hours(YIKES!), would probably have been pretty fucking spectacular.

Comment

This is a beautiful thing Dobe!
                      "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Comment

His original version, which would have been around 2 hours(YIKES!), would probably have been pretty fucking spectacular.
                        It sounds that way

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

Rob actually got death threats for that pile of shit.

No blood, no nudity, no sense of terror or dread, not saying that tits and gore is all you need but its Friday the 13th, it should. This is my favorite series and love them all but this chapter generally does not it make its way into my rotation.

Oh, nice thread man.
                          Last edited by indecent actions; 01-09-2008, 03:59 AM.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Originally posted by indecent actions View Post

No blood, no nudity, no sense of terror or dread, not saying that tits and gore is all you need but its Friday the 13th, it should. This is my favorite series and love them all but this chapter generally does not it make its way into my rotation.

Oh, nice thread man.
                            I agree. When I hear Friday the 13th (apart from Jason) I think sex and gore, sex mostly

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnotist View Post
                              This is a beautiful thing Dobe!
                              Thanks.
                              Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
                              It sounds that way
                              Damn Paramount. Damn them in their asses.
                              Originally posted by indecent actions View Post

Oh, nice thread man.
                              From the sound of it, it wasn't Rob's fault at all that Part 8 was so lame. If we ever get his original version, I bet people will like it much more. I still lik eit, but it's ont he low end of my favorites.
                              Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
                              I agree. When I hear Friday the 13th (apart from Jason) I think sex and gore, sex mostly
                              When I hear Friday the 13th, I think of all my favorite memories.

Comment

For reference to artwork, and bragging rights, I took these pictures:

DVDs - Left to Right/Top to Bottom: Part 1 Region 1, Part 1 Region 2 Uncut, Part 1 Uncut Region 0, Part 2 Region 1, Part 3 Region 1, Part 3 in 3-D, Part 4 Region 1, Part 4 Extended Region 0, Part 5 Region 1, Part 5 "Version 2" Region 0, Part 6 Region 1, *Reserve for Part 6 Alternate Cut Region 0*, Part 7 Region 1, Part 8 Region 1, Jason Goes to Hell R-Rated/Unrated Region 1, Jason Goes to Hell Uncut Work Print Region 0, Jason X Region 1, Freddy vs. Jason Region 1, and Crystal Lake to Manhattan Box Set Region 1.

VHS - Left to Right/Top to Bottom: Part 1 Original Artwork, Part 1 Re-Issue Artwork, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 Original Artwork, Part 4 Alternate Artwork, Part 5 Original Artwork, Part 6 Original Artwork, Part 7 Original Artwork, Part 7 Re-Issue Artwork, Part 8 Original Artwork, Part 8 Re-Issue Artwork, Jason Goes to Hell Unrated, Jason X, and Freddy vs. Jason.

DVDs and VHS Together:

Collectibles - Left to Right/Top to Bottom: Baseball Cap(picture of Jason from Part 7 raising ax to hit Melissa in the face), Part 1 3-D Sculpted Movie Poster, Part 7 Figure of Jason(also has weapons), Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street Trivia Game(with Freddy vs. Jason Questions), Playing Cards(various screen caps on cards), NES Game, 2007 Wall Calendar, 2008 Wall Calendar, Belt Buckle and Belt.

It just dawned on me that I didn't take pictures of my shirts...

Front, nothing on Back:

Front on Left, Back on Right:

There are plenty of other toys, games, and collectibles I don't have, but I obviously can't take pictures of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X