Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
    Anyways, I watched part 2 yesterday twice. Damn, I forgot how much I loved that entry.
    that shit happened to me recently too

didn't realize how good it was
    @classicmaterial

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub88 View Post
      that shit happened to me recently too

didn't realize how good it was
      Same here. I hardly remembered it for the first time I'd seen it. The one thing I really noticed this time round were the sloppy cuts in the gore moments. The films good as it is but would have more of an edge if the cut footage were re-inserted.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
        Same here. I hardly remembered it for the first time I'd seen it. The one thing I really noticed this time round were the sloppy cuts in the gore moments. The films good as it is but would have more of an edge if the cut footage were re-inserted.
        I'd certainly enjoy it more. Overall I find part 2 to be ultra dull and more of the same rehash.... except with less. Part 3 definitely kicked it up a few notches.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
          I'd certainly enjoy it more. Overall I find part 2 to be ultra dull and more of the same rehash.... except with less. Part 3 definitely kicked it up a few notches.
          I think the idea of Part 2 was to use the formula of the first because that worked, and improve on a killer. It does work IMO, besides the dragged out start which is full of clips from the climax on the original.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Part 3 was great. Part 2 was just average, nothing really special, still good though.

Part 3 and 6 have got to be my favorite enteries.

I re-watched both after I went and saw F13 2009 just to compare. With the exception of JGTH, JTM, and X, I really liked every Friday movie.

Comment

I think the idea of Part 2 was to use the formula of the first because that worked, and improve on a killer. It does work IMO, besides the dragged out start which is full of clips from the climax on the original.
              See that's my beef with part 2. What worked in part 1 was the creative ways to depict murder as well as the atmosphere of it. The cherry had been popped though, so just merely duplicating what worked isn't really gonna work. You gotta up the ante. This movie didn't do it. It lacked the punch of the first film as well as great kills. It was so lazily put together to cash in on the success of the first film. Just a quick easy buck. You can tell just by the length of the film which barely exceeds 80 minutes. In a way I can understand Tom Savini's distain for the idea of Jason coming back especially when he was offered the sequel.

You can also tell when going into part 3 they actually took their time atleast. That's why I consider Jason's real debut to be part 3.
              Last edited by HighlyTENSE; 02-18-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• And was I the only one who thought that the girls in Part 2 were the least attractive?

IDK, P2 was just kinda dull, i'll take the original over it any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                  See that's my beef with part 2. It was so lazily put together to cash in on the success of the first film. Just a quick easy buck. You can tell just by the length of the film which barely exceeds 80 minutes. In a way I can understand Tom Savini's distain for the idea of Jason coming back especially when he was offered the sequel.

You can also tell when going into part 3 they actually took their time atleast. That's why I consider Jason's real debut to be part 3.
                  Well I do agree Part 2 would have been better had they explained why Jason wasn't still on the bottom of the lake in a little more detail.
                  Well trying to cash in on the success of the original it still manages to create tension and some scares. Plus the lead was not your typical lead character. She messed around and the film suggested she wasn't even a virgin.

I think Part 3 does suffer as a film though. While being entertaining I think too much time was spent setting up the 3D aspect. I remember reading that the actors weren't getting feedback and a lot of the stuff was just one take and move on as their time schedule was tight. So really, less time was spent in the appropriate areas of Part 3.

Comment

Well I do agree Part 2 would have been better had they explained why Jason wasn't still on the bottom of the lake in a little more detail.
                    Well trying to cash in on the success of the original it still manages to create tension and some scares. Plus the lead was not your typical lead character. She messed around and the film suggested she wasn't even a virgin.

I think Part 3 does suffer as a film though. While being entertaining I think too much time was spent setting up the 3D aspect. I remember reading that the actors weren't getting feedback and a lot of the stuff was just one take and move on as their time schedule was tight. So really, less time was spent in the appropriate areas of Part 3.
                    Hmm...I thought the whole 3D thing was a gimmick, the movie was better without it.

I really am not totally sure why, I just found Part 2 to be boring and Part 3 got me interested again, it wet my lips.

Comment

• I personally found part 2 to be one of the series strongest entries. You have a grown Jason. Done much more realistically. You have academy award winning make artist Carl Fullerton making Jason look more like he really would if he had been growing up on his own in the woods. When part 3 came along he looked so ridiculously un-scary. How un-scary? Well it wouldnt scare kids. Heck it didnt scare them when the same basic make-up was reused as Sloth in the Goonies.

Its not over-explained his reason for existing after his apparent drowning. However enough clues are given with the cabin. His mountain man growth of hair. Amy Steele's describing how she thought Jason may have turned out the way he did. The pieces were there I respected the fact that unlike RZ in Halloween Miner didn't think we were stupid and needed to be spoon fed an origin.

As for the look of the girls. Well I'm an Amy Steele fan. Plus there was possibly the best ass ever in cut-offs Kirsten Baker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Grenades View Post
                        Hmm...I thought the whole 3D thing was a gimmick, the movie was better without it.

I really am not totally sure why, I just found Part 2 to be boring and Part 3 got me interested again, it wet my lips.
                        The whole thing about 3D is that you have to use different cameras to shoot the footage and make the effect work. It works on a two lens system. The system they were using on this movie was new and the camera was attached to a massive crane. The thing caused a lot of frustration on set and sometimes they'd only get a few minutes shot because the thing would stuff up. All time and effort was spent on that aspect.

Comment

• part 2 has my favorite kill.... when the wheelchair kid gets plugged. awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                            part 2 has my favorite kill.... when the wheelchair kid gets plugged. awesome
                            That made me laugh so hard. TWO sets of stairs he rolls down.

Comment

• Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                              I personally found part 2 to be one of the series strongest entries. You have a grown Jason. Done much more realistically. You have academy award winning make artist Carl Fullerton making Jason look more like he really would if he had been growing up on his own in the woods. When part 3 came along he looked so ridiculously un-scary. How un-scary? Well it wouldnt scare kids. Heck it didnt scare them when the same basic make-up was reused as Sloth in the Goonies.

Its not over-explained his reason for existing after his apparent drowning. However enough clues are given with the cabin. His mountain man growth of hair. Amy Steele's describing how she thought Jason may have turned out the way he did. The pieces were there I respected the fact that unlike RZ in Halloween Miner didn't think we were stupid and needed to be spoon fed an origin.

As for the look of the girls. Well I'm an Amy Steele fan. Plus there was possibly the best ass ever in cut-offs Kirsten Baker.
                              Hold the phone! You trying to say that being spoonfed was what I wanted out of part 2? Hell no. They didn't even use visual aid to tell us where Alice was at the time that Jason showed up, or how Jason even knew where to find her. How about Alice getting a hang up phone call? Did Jason have his homemade cellular with him? Did he use the payphone that was outside the neighborhood?

Just simple things like that which they glossed over. Like I said... lazy. Hell Jason even held the machete wrong when he slit that dude's throat as well as putting it in the cripple's face. It was on the dullside. I know Jason is strong, but not that strong.

As for the look of Jason, Savini didn't even put hair on the kid that played Jason in the first film. So how did Jason end up with long flowy red hair on one side of his head?

That doesn't require RZ level retarded explanations, just simple storytelling and paying alittle more attention to details.
                              Last edited by HighlyTENSE; 02-18-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

The whole thing about 3D is that you have to use different cameras to shoot the footage and make the effect work. It works on a two lens system. The system they were using on this movie was new and the camera was attached to a massive crane. The thing caused a lot of frustration on set and sometimes they'd only get a few minutes shot because the thing would stuff up. All time and effort was spent on that aspect.

Yeah, I read some stuff on it. I just wish that they didn't spend so much time on it.

I love Part 3, but it would have maybe even been a better movie if they didnt use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X