Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post

    As for the look of Jason, Savini didn't even put hair on the kid that played Jason in the first film. So how did Jason end up with long flowy red hair on one side of his head?

    .
    I'll take a wild stab here. Since the only time we see Jason is for a brief second in a flashback sequence. Dream scene put aside.

    I'm going to throw out the wild theory that....he grew it. Being in the wild with no razor or anything he'd probably grow it.

    It was part 3 that he suddenly looked goofy and apparently had a razor on hand.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by acp35 View Post
      I'll take a wild stab here. Since the only time we see Jason is for a brief second in a flashback sequence. Dream scene put aside.

      I'm going to throw out the wild theory that....he grew it. Being in the wild with no razor or anything he'd probably grow it.

      It was part 3 that he suddenly looked goofy and apparently had a razor on hand.
      Or maybe they simply fixed the look of Jason. I maybe wrong, but weren't they ultimately unhappy with how Jason looked thus why they changed it back to how he looked in the first film?

      Couldn't take a stab at my other points though? Sigh.... all that typing for nothing.


      I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
        Hold the phone! You trying to say that being spoonfed was what I wanted out of part 2? Hell no. They didn't even use visual aid to tell us where Alice was at the time that Jason showed up, or how Jason even knew where to find her. How about Alice getting a hang up phone call? Did Jason have his homemade cellular with him? Did he use the payphone that was outside the neighborhood?

        Just simple things like that which they glossed over. Like I said... lazy. Hell Jason even held the machete wrong when he slit that dude's throat as well as putting it in the cripple's face. It was on the dullside. I know Jason is strong, but not that strong.

        As for the look of Jason, Savini didn't even put hair on the kid that played Jason in the first film. So how did Jason end up with long flowy red hair on one side of his head?

        That doesn't require RZ level retarded explanations, just simple storytelling and paying alittle more attention to details.
        Some of those things, like the phone call, just make Jason more human. Though he would have had to use a phone guide to call her which is a little far fetched. Then again, I think the idea of the film was to have him deformed, not retarded.
        I want to know why the dog shows up at the end. Pretty sure he was found dead in the woods mid movie.
        Originally posted by Light_Grenades View Post
        Yeah, I read some stuff on it. I just wish that they didn't spend so much time on it.

        I love Part 3, but it would have maybe even been a better movie if they didnt use it.
        Guess we will never know. I still assume it would have been.

        Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.


        Comment


        • Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
          Some of those things, like the phone call, just make Jason more human. Though he would have had to use a phone guide to call her which is a little far fetched. Then again, I think the idea of the film was to have him deformed, not retarded.
          I want to know why the dog shows up at the end. Pretty sure he was found dead in the woods mid movie.
          Yeah, unless that was another helpless dog that Jason or some other animal killed, most likely another animal.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
            Or maybe they simply fixed the look of Jason. I maybe wrong, but weren't they ultimately unhappy with how Jason looked thus why they changed it back to how he looked in the first film?

            Couldn't take a stab at my other points though? Sigh.... all that typing for nothing.
            The typing wasn't for nothing I just agreed with the other points is all

            I love part 3 as well but everytime he unmasks that damn Goonies song by Cindi Lauper gets stuck in my head

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
              Some of those things, like the phone call, just make Jason more human. Though he would have had to use a phone guide to call her which is a little far fetched. Then again, I think the idea of the film was to have him deformed, not retarded.
              I want to know why the dog shows up at the end. Pretty sure he was found dead in the woods mid movie.

              Guess we will never know. I still assume it would have been.
              I can only assume that Jason jumping out to snag Jenny was a nightmare since the dog was mangled earlier in the film, and Jason was still in his cabin when he slipped away in part 3. They also never mentioned Paul's whereabouts or whether or not he was dead not to mention we simply don't see him again. Just a few of many filmmaking goofs part 2 has.

              As for the phone call making Jason more human, the question remains.... where was the payphone? Ever heard of a phonebooth in a lil country neighborhood? Did he walk to Alice's house, then run back to a payphone to hang up on her, then run back to jab an icepick in her timple? Another question would be, where did Alice reside? In California like she talked about in the first film? If so, how the hell did Jason get there? Take a bus, plane, Brundle's telepod? If Alice was in Crystal Lake, then why the hell would she still be there after what happened? How did Jason find her? Mapquest? Alot of tape, and alittle patience, make all the difference?

              I'm telling ya, part 2 has got to be the laziest made film in the series. They thought of cheap scare gags without putting any thought or simple logic into it.
              Last edited by HighlyTENSE; 02-18-2009, 10:58 PM.


              I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Light_Grenades View Post
                Yeah, unless that was another helpless dog that Jason or some other animal killed, most likely another animal.
                Another helpless dog that looked to be the exact same breed as the one that ran up to Jason's feet and appeared alive and well at the end.

                Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                  The typing wasn't for nothing I just agreed with the other points is all

                  I love part 3 as well but everytime he unmasks that damn Goonies song by Cindi Lauper gets stuck in my head
                  Heh yeah, he lifts up his hockey mask and asks.... "where's my Baby Ruth bitch since I'll be just hanging around for awhile?"


                  I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                    I can only assume that Jason jumping out to snag Jenny was a nightmare since the dog was mangled earlier in the film, and Jason was still in his cabin when he slipped away in part 3. They also never mentioned Paul's whereabouts or whether or not he was dead not to mention we simply don't see him again. Just a few of many filmmaking goofs part 2 has.
                    That would make scenes if that whole scene is a dream. I always thought just the jump was a dream but your view makes more sense.
                    Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                    As for the phone call making Jason more human, the question remains.... where was the payphone? Ever heard of a phonebooth in a lil country neighborhood? Did he walk to Alice's house, then run back to a payphone to hang up on her, then run back to jab an icepick in her timple?

                    I'm telling ya, part 2 has got to be the laziest made film in the series. They thought of cheap scare gags without putting any thought or simple logic into it.
                    Well they showed that there was one in the little town of Crystal Lake.

                    Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
                      Well they showed that there was one in the little town of Crystal Lake.
                      Yeah, but that payphone was in town, she was in a neighborhood. That be quite a backtrack even though he was standing right in front of her house.


                      I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                        Yeah, but that payphone was in town, she was in a neighborhood. That be quite a backtrack even though he was standing right in front of her house.
                        I'm suggesting that's where he called her from. Could be where he learnt to use one and who's to say that neighbourhood wouldn't have a payphone.

                        Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
                          I'm suggesting that's where he called her from. Could be where he learnt to use one and who's to say that neighbourhood wouldn't have a payphone.
                          .... It's a stretch dude. Ya see what I mean?


                          I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

                          Comment


                          • Yes, let us argue continuity and logic in a F:13th thread. Nevermind how/why Jason would be an unstoppable killing force with Sam Fisher style stealth and training in deadly weaponry - how did he use a phone!?!
                            myspace: thefeelofcotton

                            i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
                            How did he know?!~

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                              I can only assume that Jason jumping out to snag Jenny was a nightmare since the dog was mangled earlier in the film, and Jason was still in his cabin when he slipped away in part 3. They also never mentioned Paul's whereabouts or whether or not he was dead not to mention we simply don't see him again. Just a few of many filmmaking goofs part 2 has.

                              As for the phone call making Jason more human, the question remains.... where was the payphone? Ever heard of a phonebooth in a lil country neighborhood? Did he walk to Alice's house, then run back to a payphone to hang up on her, then run back to jab an icepick in her timple? Another question would be, where did Alice reside? In California like she talked about in the first film? If so, how the hell did Jason get there? Take a bus, plane, Brundle's telepod? If Alice was in Crystal Lake, then why the hell would she still be there after what happened? How did Jason find her? Mapquest? Alot of tape, and alittle patience, make all the difference?

                              I'm telling ya, part 2 has got to be the laziest made film in the series. They thought of cheap scare gags without putting any thought or simple logic into it.
                              Take a leap of faith and I think I can answer a few of these questions.

                              I'll start with Alice. She's living somewhere not too far from Crystal Lake. She won't come home and is obsessed with what happened. Hence her conversation with her mother on the phone about not coming home and that "she is fine". And the pictures of her dream. Thats how Jason gets to her.

                              Some go with a nearby pay phone call. Maybe it wasn`t even Jason that made the call. Horror movies are infamous for false scares. But maybe he made it from ..within the house.(yes I`m stretching with this one)

                              Jason`s a hunter he's grown up in the woods. He's not stupid and it has never been said he is retarded or can't speak. We assume that. He finds her through ummm... the fact that she is a stranger in the town near Crystal Lake therefore she's probably talked about. especillay a strange pretty girl that doesnt come out much.

                              As for the ending will...Here's the actual facts. At the end of part 2 they had the incredibly stupid idea of after she calls out for Paul they zoom in on Pamela's head and the eyes open and she smiles. Thankfully it looked stupid and they didnt use it.

                              But her screaming for Paul followed by the opening of Pamelas eyes was meant to show you that evil was truly there.

                              Not fixing the ending afterwards was lazy.

                              Its Part 2 that establishes the character's actions if sadly not his look.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cotton the Egg Man View Post
                                Yes, let us argue continuity and logic in a F:13th thread. Nevermind how/why Jason would be an unstoppable killing force with Sam Fisher style stealth and training in deadly weaponry - how did he use a phone!?!
                                Hahaha, well I know the ridiculousness of questioning logic and continuity for a Jason film, but we are just talking about part 2 before there was a convention or established formula. Even though all of the films take giant leaps in logic, they didn't have gaping plotholes that were easily preventable.

                                I'm not wondering how Jason could use a phone, but I mean come on..... He took the time to look up Alice's phone number in a phonebook and called her up..... just to hang up on her? Or maybe that wasn't even him, but from the sound of the alarming music I just assumed they were saying it was him. Trivial yes, but hell it's late and I'm bored.


                                I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X