No announcement yet.

Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the remake actually wasn't that bad .

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
      So the remake actually wasn't that bad .
      Wasn't that good either... 5/10 (that's being generous)

As for part 3 and 4 it's really close. Part 4 has the better characters. I fuckin love Teddy and Jimbo. I think I actually prefer part 3's finale. I have always loved the hanging scene for some reason and the "You CANT be alive!" line. The kills are a toss up because the spear gun to the eye from part 3 is badass, as is the hacksaw to neck/neck snap in part 4. I have to give it to The Final Chapter though because it actually had some character development which is rare in slashers and I really appreciated it. Anyone know of any other slashers with characer development as good as TFC's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
        Wasn't that good either... 5/10 (that's being generous)

As for part 3 and 4 it's really close. Part 4 has the better characters. I fuckin love Teddy and Jimbo. I think I actually prefer part 3's finale. I have always loved the hanging scene for some reason and the "You CANT be alive!" line. The kills are a toss up because the spear gun to the eye from part 3 is badass, as is the hacksaw to neck/neck snap in part 4. I have to give it to The Final Chapter though because it actually had some character development which is rare in slashers and I really appreciated it. Anyone know of any other slashers with characer development as good as TFC's?
        Part 4 is better then 3 no competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by TwistedFate_L4 View Post
          You like 3 better than 4?
          Originally posted by goose101 View Post
          I do.
          Same here.

Originally posted by TwistedFate_L4 View Post
          Its close since their really two parts of the same film. But Final Chapter has more blood which part 3 lacks.
          So?

Originally posted by Light_Grenades View Post
          Meh, I personally favor Part 3. It just had a great vibe to it.
          Agreed to full extent! It's the one I've watched the most. It's got incredible replay value.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
            Part 4 is better then 3 no competition.
            No. Part 4 is better with competition.

Comment

• How come no one gives any props to Andy's death in 3? While the angle the strike was shot wasn't the best, the aftermath clearly shows one the series' bloodier kills.

I liked the remake, but the music wasn't there, and they made it all-too obvious when someone was gonna bite it. Stop FUCKING sending them outside alone! I understand that's what Friday has always been about, but hell, gimme a suprise now and then.

Comment

• Andy's death Is splendid, gory, shocking. I like how it conversation between him and his woman, them, no music (soundtrack), just natural sounding hands quietly going across the carpet, as he's walking on his hands. Then the swooshing sound of Jasons weapon, followed by a disturbing uugghhh! sound and Andy, well you know, then the music starts back up. That use of the music, not over using it, and knowing when to use it is just one of the many things that makes the first foure films in the series, still some of the best.
                On the subject of deaths, I've heard some negative comments on the deaths in the remake, I liked them. Not the best, bloodiest, or most original, but the sleeping bag death was different and disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
                  Andy's death Is splendid, gory, shocking. I like how it conversation between him and his woman, them, no music (soundtrack), just natural sounding hands quietly going across the carpet, as he's walking on his hands. Then the swooshing sound of Jasons weapon, followed by a disturbing uugghhh! sound and Andy, well you know, then the music starts back up. That use of the music, not over using it, and knowing when to use it is just one of the many things that makes the first foure films in the series, still some of the best.
                  On the subject of deaths, I've heard some negative comments on the deaths in the remake, I liked them. Not the best, bloodiest, or most original, but the sleeping bag death was different and disturbing.
                  Your name is familiar... Witchboard?

I liked the kills in Friday. They weren't the most original, but for me it's all about the execution. The guy who gets the axe in the back is a good example. It's been done, but the tenacity Jason showed in the execution of it made it more brutal. The chick who gets the machete in the head while in the water under the dock? Not original at all, and yet bloody satisfying just by yanking the fresh corpse up. And, as you mentioned, the sleeping bag was beautiful, as well as the jackass that gets hauled away by the truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
                    No. Part 4 is better with competition.
                    I really don't think you can make an argument for part 3 being better. As I do now enjoy seeing it in 3D to get the full effect, it's still not anywhere as close to being as re-watchable as 4

I say that because the "kids" in the movie are pretty horrible and overly cliche. Chris Higgins is a horrible lead and her story about getting raped by Jason or whatever is whack.

3 has some good moments as well but I think most of it's credit comes with it being the first entry to introduce the mask. That brings up the point that the only real enjoyable character besides Richard Brooker's Jason is Larry Zerner as Shelly. He's actually pretty funny.

I like the opening scene and the finale in the barn. Everything else in between pretty much lacks in comparison to how 4 is watchable all the way through.

If you think about what the best parts of a Friday the 13th movie are, Part 4 just has it all. If balances out each "cliche" to where it's not over done and I remembering it scaring me the most as a kid. Well, maybe part 6 scared me the most (and you could maybe argue between 6 and 4), but overall I think it's pretty hands down that 4 is superior to 3 in many ways.
                    Last edited by disanti; 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• What makes 4 stand above in my opinion.

Well it has Ted White as Jason.

Tom Savini is doing kick ass effects.

Prowler director Joseph Zito is directing(i cant stress enough how important that is)

Introduction of Tommy Jarvis

Probably the best and most likable cast of the series

Finally caught the 2009 film. Its more sequel than remake and a damn good one for people who enjoy the Friday series

Comment

• Originally posted by SYL View Post
                        Anyone have any idea when the Region 2 release of Part 3 in 3-D comes out? IWANNITIWANNITIWANNITIWANNIT!
                        As far as I know there's a special edition out minus the 3D but with special features.
                        I think only the region 1 version contains the 3D option.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
                          As far as I know there's a special edition out minus the 3D but with special features.
                          I think only the region 1 version contains the 3D option.

They've all been released. I picked up Part 4 the other day but only special feature is a tralier. There is no 3D on Part 3 so looks like will have to order from amazon just like the MBV Special Edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by disanti View Post
                            I really don't think you can make an argument for part 3 being better. As I do now enjoy seeing it in 3D to get the full effect, it's still not anywhere as close to being as re-watchable as 4

I say that because the "kids" in the movie are pretty horrible and overly cliche. Chris Higgins is a horrible lead and her story about getting raped by Jason or whatever is whack.

3 has some good moments as well but I think most of it's credit comes with it being the first entry to introduce the mask. That brings up the point that the only real enjoyable character besides Richard Brooker's Jason is Larry Zerner as Shelly. He's actually pretty funny.

I like the opening scene and the finale in the barn. Everything else in between pretty much lacks in comparison to how 4 is watchable all the way through.

If you think about what the best parts of a Friday the 13th movie are, Part 4 just has it all. If balances out each "cliche" to where it's not over done and I remembering it scaring me the most as a kid. Well, maybe part 6 scared me the most (and you could maybe argue between 6 and 4), but overall I think it's pretty hands down that 4 is superior to 3 in many ways.

Part 3 was a big step up from 2 but not a patch on Part 4. Part 4 is the definitive Friday film. Jo Zito delivered what should be in a Friday film in spades and then some. This one was the entry that scared me the most as a kid. The entire film just had a more menacing and scary tone to it then the previous ones and Jason seemed a lot more aggressive in this one. Jimmy's death is the best, the classic Jason move of the machette to the face post corkscrew through hand!

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                              They've all been released. I picked up Part 4 the other day but only special feature is a tralier. There is no 3D on Part 3 so looks like will have to order from amazon just like the MBV Special Edition.
                              Well for one, Part 4-8 have only been given new covers here, thus not having 'special edition' across the top. Parts 4-6 sound be out in deluxe form around June with 7-8 coming not long after.
                              Personally I think I'll wait for the boxset that has been claimed to come out by the years end.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                                Part 3 was a big step up from 2 but not a patch on Part 4. Part 4 is the definitive Friday film. Jo Zito delivered what should be in a Friday film in spades and then some. This one was the entry that scared me the most as a kid. The entire film just had a more menacing and scary tone to it then the previous ones and Jason seemed a lot more aggressive in this one. Jimmy's death is the best, the classic Jason move of the machette to the face post corkscrew through hand!
                                It was cleaver wasn't it?

Anyway, I actually liked 3 better, only because I loved Paul Kratka's character (Rick). Although Ted and Jimbo made 4 entirely. Ok, now I can't decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X