No announcement yet.

Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohh my goodness Mr. Nispel! What have you done? A teenager like rip off from a cult classic peppered whit scatological language! Damn! ...and you show us with the remake "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" that you persuasive to the...
    ...the first choice in european horror, made in goremany: www.splatter-movies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
      I think I'll wait for the boxset that has been claimed to come out by the years end.

Best idea I've heard this month!
      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Lantern View Post
        It was cleaver wasn't it?

Anyway, I actually liked 3 better, only because I loved Paul Kratka's character (Rick). Although Ted and Jimbo made 4 entirely. Ok, now I can't decide.

For me its always a toss up between 2,3 and 4 but 4 always comes out on top, probably cause thats the one that scared the hell outta me as a child.

Comment

Well for one, Part 4-8 have only been given new covers here, thus not having 'special edition' across the top. Parts 4-6 sound be out in deluxe form around June with 7-8 coming not long after.
          Personally I think I'll wait for the boxset that has been claimed to come out by the years end.

I've seen them all on the shelves and as noted, nothing 'special edition' about them. Like you said its best to wait for the boxset coming out at the end of the year .

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
            I've seen them all on the shelves and as noted, nothing 'special edition' about them.
            That's because, like I said, 4-8 are only cover reprints. Everything about them is the same as the previous discs.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

That's because, like I said, 4-8 are only cover reprints. Everything about them is the same as the previous discs.

Yeah , 'as noted' meaning I was agreeing with you

Comment

Yeah , 'as noted' meaning I was agreeing with you
                It just didn't sound like you totally got the point.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

It just didn't sound like you totally got the point.

I did. All good

Comment

• FYI I just uploaded this. Interesting theme for a F13 movie. It was a bit of a pain getting that wave form to work but it turned out fine.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlemWqK4hNQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlemWqK4hNQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                    "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

- Frankenstein's Monster.

Comment

• the only way i will get the new boxset is all 8 movies are uncut. if they are not its pointless.

Comment

I did. All good

Comment

• I would like to tsee all the movies uncut, but it isn't worth getting a whole new box set for.

Comment

• Well, new to the boards.

Anyway, saw my first Friday the 13th film last Friday, the 13th ... haha and I thought it was very well done. Like many of the remakes, I've enjoy them for what they intend to do without judging it based on films it isn't trying to directly replicate but put its own take and interpretation. The movie inspired me to want to study up on the original franchise and also to join these boards to talk about it.

So where should I get started on catching up with the previous Friday's? I hear 1 - IV are the best FILMS in the series, and film VI is the most entertaining? But then I also hear from most fans in my brief study post seeing Friday the 13th (2009) that Kane Hodder was the best Jason, yet his films were by far the worst?

So I ask to you fellas, which are the best Jason films to watch?
                            Last edited by IrishSprings; 02-26-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Watch 1-4 first. Make sure you watch them in order. 4 in my opinion is the pinnacle of the series. Best director,great effects,and a good cast.

Part 5 and 6 are a neccessity after part 4 ends. Part 5 gets a bad wrap but it has some of the best breasts and tried to go back to the style of the first but it didn't quite work.

Kane hodder did 7-X. He's a sentimental fave basically because even though his movies were bad he kept playing Jason and really went to bat for the series. He's not the best Jason though. In my book that goes to Ted White in part 4. CJ Graham in part 6 was good as well.

Part 8 and Jason Goes To Hell are more painful to watch. Jason X is campy fun. Freddy Vs Jason was so so.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• That def. helps. It also helps to know that the new remake I love so much is from what I hear a modern re-telling of the first four films. Basically making a "best of Jason" collage and combining it into the new film. I keep hearing that IV is the best of the first four. But I've heard equally admit people that Jason Lives is the most "entertaining" of the films.

Comment

Working...
                                X