Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
    Still doesn't make that shit iconic.

It's always quality over quantity, so having seven movies don't mean shit. I love F13th, but it has 12 movies, two of which are utter shit, & three that could've had stronger execution. NOES has nine movies, & better consistency quality wise than every other franchise out there.

Hell, if you want to dig deeper, Scream has three movies, & has made about the same amount of money as Saw with a lot less movies.

At the end of the day, Hatchet was very successful, considering on a $1 million dollar budget it accumulated over $50 million in DVD sales.

And trust me, Hatchet merchandise is coming very soon. I can certainly guarantee that, in the long run, Crowley will have much better longevity than Jigsaw.

Within the next decade Saw will be completely forgotten about. As of Saw VI, it's already started, especially with the resurgence of Jason, Michael, Freddy, & Ghostface.
    Dude stop talking off your ass. First of all Saw is officially considered the most successful horror franchise ever. Second of, I bet you've only seen two of the Saw films. They made 3 really good quality films, 2 average and a really bad one.

Comment

• I'll just end with this...

Jigsaw - Almost everyone had heard of him, or at least his franchise

Victor Crowley or Hatchet - The average person has never even heard of.

Who do you think is more iconic?

Comment

Now that's a laughable statement considering Saw has seven movies, & the first one is barely any good, while the rest are complete horseshit. Despite the more comedic element to the later NOES films, they are still better than the Saw shitfest? Why? Because the films actually have an interesting villain, & each film added to Freddy's mythology. The films of the NOES are classic, & the only ones that are really less than stellar are parts four & five. Still, no Saw movie will ever be as good as parts one, two, three, four, or seven.

The Saw movies just seem to add unnecessary bullshit with each movie that comes along, & has plot twists that are too predictable. The films try so hard to be clever, & fail miserably each time.
        Fuck yeah!
        [YOUTUBE]HwA1yNpcTwA&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
          I'll just end with this...

Jigsaw - Almost everyone had heard of him, or at least his franchise

Victor Crowley or Hatchet - The average person has never even heard of.

Who do you think is more iconic?
          The guy loves the shit fest that is H2! Just leave him alone, he doesn't know the difference between a good and bad film to save his life.

Comment

• This is the last time I'm posting about the Saw and Hatchet debate.

1. People are more familiar with Saw than Hatchet.

2. The first two Saw films made $250,000,000 world wide, an amount I doubt Hatchet will ever reach even if it makes 5 films.

3. Like I said, Saw has been officially named the most successful horror franchise ever!

These are all facts and not opinion. You saying Hatchet is more iconic than Saw is like saying we don't need air to survive.

Comment

I can certainly guarantee that, in the long run, Crowley will have much better longevity than Jigsaw.
              No you cant

Originally posted by sarsoor View Post
              2. The first two Saw films made $250,000,000 world wide, an amount I doubt Hatchet will ever reach even if it makes 5 films.
              I'm not sticking up for anyone during this Hatchet/Saw gay ass debate BUT if Hatchet made $50,000,000 in dvd sales and it makes 5 movies, that people equally like as much and continue to show through dvd sales.. it could make $250,000,000, its possible.
              Last edited by BoOMST1CK; 10-18-2010, 05:21 AM.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
              2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
              3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
              4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
              5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
              6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
              7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
              8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
              9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
              10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
                No you cant

I'm not sticking up for anyone during this Hatchet/Saw gay ass debate BUT if Hatchet made $50,000,000 in dvd sales and it makes 5 movies, that people equally like as much and continue to show through dvd sales.. it could make $250,000,000, its possible.
                Well the $250,000,00 does not include the dvd sales of Saw. So even if by some miracle Hatchet was to make $50,000,000 that won't even come close to matching Saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarsoor View Post
                  Well the $250,000,00 does not include the dvd sales of Saw. So even if by some miracle Hatchet was to make $50,000,000 that won't even come close to matching Saw.
                  Fair point, I'll shut up now

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                  2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                  3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                  4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                  5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                  6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                  7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                  8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                  9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                  10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by sarsoor View Post
                    The guy loves the shit fest that is H2! Just leave him alone, he doesn't know the difference between a good and bad film to save his life.
                    Sarsoor, just shut up, okay? Your opinion is of no relevance to me, & I don't think you should speak on knowing the difference between good & bad films. It's funny that everyone uses H2 as some sort of template to say I don't know good movies simply because I think it's a good film. If that's all you have to say, why don't you just log off instead because that shit has been said a million times already.

I'd tell you to get some new material, but badly wired brains can't help but to repeat themselves, correct?

And fyi, I never said Hatchet was more iconic than Saw, because I don't think neither are iconic. I specifically said that I think Hatchet will have better longevity, & Crowley will last longer in the horror game than Saw.

Before you insult someone, how about you learn to read what's said first & then next you can pull your head out of your ass & try to leave a comment that's actually worthy of being read. Every thread you reply to me in results in you leaving some stupid ass comment which references H2.

Stop trying to impress the people on BD, because I will embarrass you little man.

Comment

Sarsoor, just shut up, okay? Your opinion is of no relevance to me, & I don't think you should speak on knowing the difference between good & bad films. It's funny that everyone uses H2 as some sort of template to say I don't know good movies simply because I think it's a good film. If that's all you have to say, why don't you just log off instead because that shit has been said a million times already.

I'd tell you to get some new material, but badly wired brains can't help but to repeat themselves, correct?

And fyi, I never said Hatchet was more iconic than Saw, because I don't think neither are iconic. I specifically said that I think Hatchet will have better longevity, & Crowley will last longer in the horror game than Saw.

Before you insult someone, how about you learn to read what's said first & then next you can pull your head out of your ass & try to leave a comment that's actually worthy of being read. Every thread you reply to me in results in you leaving some stupid ass comment which references H2.

Stop trying to impress the people on BD, because I will embarrass you little man.
                      Oh I'm totally embarrassed!

Get a clue. How is Hatchet going to have more longevity when Saw clearly makes more money and people are more familiar with the Saw franchise? I guess common sense does not apply to you.

Comment

• And I guess not crying on a webcam doesn't apply to you.

It's called an opinion, which I've stated is supported by the fact that I've said Saw is practically being forced down people's throats now. Don't like it? Too damn bad because I don't give two fucks.

Comment

And I guess not crying on a webcam doesn't apply to you.

It's called an opinion, which I've stated is supported by the fact that I've said Saw is practically being forced down people's throats now. Don't like it? Too damn bad because I don't give two fucks.
                          We've clearly gone off topic here so I'm going to stop now.

Comment

• If Jason Voorhees was here, he'd so weed whipper someone. Not only weed whip, but use an abnormally large, industrial, circular saw, weed whipper, ftw.
                            jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• Come on New Line, WB, Paramount, Platinum Dunes (Okay maybe not PD), or whatever fucking company owns the rights to distribute Friday the 13th films, 3D is at it's peak in popularity, old franchises are still being brought back, the next F13 would be the 13th in the franchise, and the last movie made a decent amount of money.... THE TIME TO MAKE A NEW FRIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE IS NOWWWW! I'm itching for some 3D Jason action...in theaters!

Comment

• Fuck 3D, F13th doesn't need that cliche bullshit. Once was enough with part three, IMO. I'm just ready for the next movie, & I'd like it to actually be set in the winter....with Derek Mears once again behind the mask.

Comment

Working...
                                X