X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Danny Steinmann

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/622...anny-steinmann

Comment

• "Friday The 13th Part 5 : A New Beginning"......We now come to the most underrated film in the series. While I think they should have stopped the series at #4...I think Parts 5 and 6 are great sequels too. Part 5 is a damn fine slasher film with a HUGE body count (about 20 deaths I think). The dark humor laced throughout the movie is awesome....along with some of the most charismatic characters in the series. I get such a kick out of "Ethel". Man..that woman was nasty and vulgar!! LOL....I love it!! "Eat ur fucking slop". Nice cameo appearance by Corey Feldman as the original "Tommy" at the beginning of the flick. I also thought hunky John Shepard was "Ok" as the teenager Tommy. Shavar Ross as "Reggie" was also a hoot to watch. I liked the character of "Pam" played by Melanie Kinnaman. She did some damn fine screams. Some of the best I heard in a horror movie. Last but not least the tall and handsome Richard Young as "Matt". HHmm...now thats a majorly hot "big daddy"!! LOL!! Part 5 also had some of the most brutal and shocking kills in the series. A solid entry!!

8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
        R.I.P

Haven't seen any of his work other than A New Beginning, but that was my first Jason flick. It's sad to see him go.
        B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• "Friday The 13th part 6: Jason Lives".....Another solid entry in the franchise that is just as great as Parts 1 and 4. Jason is zombified in this one..which I like. The kills are great. Girls face crushed into a wall...guy snapped in half.....a head twisted off...etc!! C.J Graham who plays "Jason" did a great job. What a HUGE man. Holy shit!! Terrific performance by David Kagen who plays the sheriff. He was the strongest actor out of the cast..and possibly the best actor out of the whole entire series. The lovely Jennifer Cooke was good ..as was Thom Matthews as "Tommy". Pretty girls, hot and handsome guys, great music score, scary/spooky atmosphere...and a pretty good body count make Part 6 a hit!! Also great cinematography and direction!!

9.5/10

Comment

That sucks! Part 5 is the most underrated film in the series.

R.I.P.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• "Friday The 13th Part 7: The New Blood"......This was a pretty good sequel. The different approach of a heroine with telekinetic powers fighting off Jason was a good twist. Something new...that worked. Lar Park Lincoln(Tina) is "ok" in her performance. Very mediocre/fake in a few scenes with screams, crying, and facial expressions, but she was also very effective at times with the telekinetic stuff. The studly Kevin Blair(Spirtas) was good..as was Terry Kisser( Dr.Crews). The cast was hit and miss altogether though, some really stood out from others and the rest were poor. This sequel had alot of good kills too..which makes it more interesting. The sleeping bag kill....axe to the face and head...etc!! Last but not least..appreciation for Kane Hodder. He portrays a wonderful "Jason".

7/10

Comment

• "Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhatten"....Oye what a crock of shit!! Jason appearing everywhere so fast...was stupid. No suspenseful chase scenes. A fatal boxing fight where Jason knocks the guys head right off....is lame!! 96% of a lousy cast who couldn't act worth shit!! The girl who played the bitchy girl "Tamara" was ok. Scott Reeves is "Ok". Lead actress Jensen Daggett was all over the place with her performance. Not to mention all those visions and crap her character had of Jason as a boy was lame. She wasn't even born when Jason drowned.Oh...and at the end of the movie we see Jason consumed in all the toxic acid..and then turned back into a human little boy. LOL...what a crock of shit!! Worst screenplay ever written for this series. How they went ahead with this is totally absurd. Despite a few decent kills and Kane Hodder as "Jason", this is still the worst sequel in the series.

3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                  "Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhatten"....Oye what a crock of shit!! Jason appearing everywhere so fast...was stupid. No suspenseful chase scenes. A fatal boxing fight where Jason knocks the guys head right off....is lame!! 96% of a lousy cast who couldn't act worth shit!! The girl who played the bitchy girl "Tamara" was ok. Scott Reeves is "Ok". Lead actress Jensen Daggett was all over the place with her performance. Not to mention all those visions and crap her character had of Jason as a boy was lame. She wasn't even born when Jason drowned.Oh...and at the end of the movie we see Jason consumed in all the toxic acid..and then turned back into a human little boy. LOL...what a crock of shit!! Worst screenplay ever written for this series. How they went ahead with this is totally absurd. Despite a few decent kills and Kane Hodder as "Jason", this is still the worst sequel in the series.

3/10
                  Yeah its a ridiculous movie. I have fun with it though... would have been better if the kills were more juicy.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                    "Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhatten"....Oye what a crock of shit!! Jason appearing everywhere so fast...was stupid. No suspenseful chase scenes. A fatal boxing fight where Jason knocks the guys head right off....is lame!! 96% of a lousy cast who couldn't act worth shit!! The girl who played the bitchy girl "Tamara" was ok. Scott Reeves is "Ok". Lead actress Jensen Daggett was all over the place with her performance. Not to mention all those visions and crap her character had of Jason as a boy was lame. She wasn't even born when Jason drowned.Oh...and at the end of the movie we see Jason consumed in all the toxic acid..and then turned back into a human little boy. LOL...what a crock of shit!! Worst screenplay ever written for this series. How they went ahead with this is totally absurd. Despite a few decent kills and Kane Hodder as "Jason", this is still the worst sequel in the series.

3/10
                    oh yes it is the worse part in the series. all the point outs here are spot on. its the only chapter in the series where you watch it because its part of the series. for me anyways.

(2/10)

Comment

• Part 8 was shit tbh.

Comment

R.I.P.

Part 5 was an entertaining sequel in the franchise, and I've enjoyed watching it thru the years. I also liked Danny's commentary track along with Part 5 cast members that's included on the SE. Seemed like he had a cool, and easy going demeanor to him.

Comment

• Still highly disappointed there's been no news on a sequel. It's really surprising considering how much bank the reboot made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                            Still highly disappointed there's been no news on a sequel. It's really surprising considering how much bank the reboot made.
                            I share the same thoughts. The remake was ace in my books. I want a sequel so bad.

Comment

• It seems like a lot of people do, but New Line hasn't given the go ahead. I remember when they kept giving updates around '10 & it had me excited because they were actually considering giving Jason a winter setting, something I think could be really new & exciting if handled properly.

The thing about a winter/snow setting that's so intriguing to me is it gives the chance to create a more claustrophobic environment for the characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                                It seems like a lot of people do, but New Line hasn't given the go ahead. I remember when they kept giving updates around '10 & it had me excited because they were actually considering giving Jason a winter setting, something I think could be really new & exciting if handled properly.

The thing about a winter/snow setting that's so intriguing to me is it gives the chance to create a more claustrophobic environment for the characters.
                                Ugh, that sounds like a fun slasher movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X