No announcement yet.

Ultimate Halloween Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I spotted that the first time I viewed it, but I didn't think anything of it, just attributed it to me seeing things, until I saw it being pointed out on different legacy, & then going back to look myself. Still amazes me that little slip-ups like that make it into finished movies. You'd think somebody would catch it.

And H4's mask is pretty bad, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, & it's still not worse than H5's mask. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they decided to use that piece of shit mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
      Yeah, I spotted that the first time I viewed it, but I didn't think anything of it, just attributed it to me seeing things, until I saw it being pointed out on different legacy, & then going back to look myself. Still amazes me that little slip-ups like that make it into finished movies. You'd think somebody would catch it.

And H4's mask is pretty bad, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, & it's still not worse than H5's mask. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they decided to use that piece of shit mask.

Aisan Michael Myers

Comment

• It's sad how terrible the masks are in H4, H5, H20, & HR when compared to H1/HII, H6, & Zombie's two films. Just makes you wonder how the fuck they missed the mark by such a large margin.

Comment

• Want to carve a pumpkin this year that looks EXACTLY like the one used in the opening credits of the original HALLOWEEN?

Jack-O-Lantern Template

DVDs

Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
            Want to carve a pumpkin this year that looks EXACTLY like the one used in the opening credits of the original HALLOWEEN?

Jack-O-Lantern Template
            Awesome, I'm printing it out right now . Need to make sure my pumpkin is of similar size and shape.

Comment

• Don't know if it's alreadly known or not, but Halloween will be shown nationwide with Halloween 4 & 5.
              http://www.screenvision.com/cinema-events/halloween/

Definitely count me in
              Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                Awesome, I'm printing it out right now . Need to make sure my pumpkin is of similar size and shape.

You can expand & retract it to fit whatever size pumpkin you have

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                Jurassic World - 7/10
                Speed - 8.5/10
                John Wick - 9.5/10
                The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Another year passing by & still no word on a new Halloween movie. For shame, Dimension, for shame....

Comment

• Do we really need another Halloween movie? I think not, especially not another shitty hollywood movie. I'm satisfied with the originals and nothing will ever compete with it.
                    Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                      Another year passing by & still no word on a new Halloween movie. For shame, Dimension, for shame....
                      Let it die and let original content grow.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                        Let it die and let original content grow.
                        It's entirely possible to create an original idea based around the Halloween mythology. Shitty sequels have ruined people's perceptions when it comes to how a franchise can be properly handled but with the right director and writer, it'd be easy to make another good installment.

Obviously, it's a franchise so it won't really ever die. They'll just wait until enough people actually want it & they'll cash in as always.

Comment

• I almost creamed my pants after reading this:

Mondo releasing Halloween Vinyl Soundtrack on Halloween

Halloween’s original motion-picture soundtrack by John Carpenter comes in a 2x LP in a Deluxe Gatefold packaging with artwork by Phantom City Creative. The record itself is a 180 Gram black vinyl, with randomly inserted orange vinyl, cut at 45RPM. This is the first time that Carpenter’s Halloween has ever been released on vinyl in its full version. It will be the most comprehensive vinyl release of Halloween ever.
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Halloween one was the first horror movie i watched when I was a kid, i was about 5 or 6 my parents were not really supportive but they didn't stop me either i think number three is a pretty good movie f you take away the Halloween 3 title it was given.

Comment

• H3 has always been underrated, but I think it could've been a hit if they didn't make it the next addition to the Halloween franchise. It's a genuinely enjoyable film, & I've always loved it.

I really want to see a new franchise done, something that completely reboots everything. Take away the family story angle, Laurie Strode, & everything else besides Myers himself and Dr. Loomis. I want to see something that goes back to the basics while updating the series.

I'd like to see a more updated Loomis that fits into this era. Donald's interpretation worked completely for the original series, but now I'd like to see Loomis a little younger, and more of a physical threat. If he's the good to Michael's evil, let's see that taken full circle and exploited.

And let's get Michael back to stalking random girls that invoke the same feelings he felt when he killed Judith. I admittedly enjoyed seeing some of the better ideas presented with the family angle, but it's much scarier having a maniac on the loose who will kill anyone as opposed to someone specifically targeting his family.

That's the one major element that was taken away from the Halloween series that potentially prevents it from actually being a scary concept to today's audience.

Comment

• Since there was Halloween talk on the films I've seen today thread I thought I'd bump this and list my favorites;

Halloween
                                '78
                                Halloween 2 '81
                                Halloween 3
                                Halloween '07
                                Halloween 4
                                Halloween 2 09 (Has problems but its weirdness keeps me returning)
                                Halloween 5
                                H20
                                Halloween 6 (haven't seen it in a very long time but I hated it)

I dreamed they made a terrible reality TV Halloween with rappers but fortunately that doesn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X