No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like this remake. It's PD's best movie and one of the good redo's.

It's has the dirty, grimy TCM feel and the introduction of the family doesn't take too much focus off Leatherface. Plus it has Lee Emery in completely bonkers mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      I really like this remake. It's PD's best movie and one of the good redo's.

It's has the dirty, grimy TCM feel and the introduction of the family doesn't take too much focus off Leatherface. Plus it has Lee Emery in completely bonkers mode.
      Yup this one got it right. Had enough from the original to give it a similar feeling with enough creative deviations to keep it exciting. Unfortunately it seems like it was the first remake that spawned a whole generation of remakes (almost all of which suck).

Comment

• And another great thing about TCM '03 is there's gore, but they don't go overboard with it. There's just enough of it to gross you out, without the deaths being over-the-top & ridiculously stupid (i.e a vast majority of the later F13th sequels).

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
          And another great thing about TCM '03 is there's gore, but they don't go overboard with it. There's just enough of it to gross you out, without the deaths being over-the-top & ridiculously stupid (i.e a vast majority of the later F13th sequels).
          You're right. The film has gore but it's not OTT. Just enough to please fans.

Comment

• That's one factor 80-90% of the horror movies since then haven't gotten right. Instead of trying to create genuine & real scares, for the last decade a great majority of slashers have settled for the cliche jump scares & have only added more gore. These aren't Oscar type movies, but they still should have more to them than just severed limbs, & even 10 years later I feel like the remake of TCM stands out largely because of this reason, in addition to generally being a well made piece of work.

Comment

• Easily the best remake amongst the rest. Scary and disgusting with such a fantastic pace and sense of dread for the charactors. It's my personal favorite from the entire franchise.

Comment

• Agreed. I do think that the original is the best, but in terms of my favorite, I think the 2003 remake will always have that spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeym1979 View Post
                  Easily the best remake amongst the rest. Scary and disgusting with such a fantastic pace and sense of dread for the charactors. It's my personal favorite from the entire franchise.
                  Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                  Agreed. I do think that the original is the best, but in terms of my favorite, I think the 2003 remake will always have that spot.
                  The Hills Have Eyes is the best modern remake. FACT.

This movie is probably second or third. I need to give this and The Last House remake another watch.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• I havnt seen this in a very long time. Think I will try to watch it this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post

This movie is probably second or third. I need to give this and The Last House remake another watch.
                      The Hills Have Eyes is a great remake, but imo, it ain't got shit on TCM '03 in terms of atmosphere & actually scaring the shit out of you.

Comment

• Friday > Hills > Thing = Texas > House > Nightmare

The Hills Have Eyes is a great remake, but imo, it ain't got shit on TCM '03 in terms of atmosphere & actually scaring the shit out of you.
                        Okay, but TCM isn't even half as visceral/kinetic. THHE is a lot more fun, as well.
                        The TCM redux is well-made, there's no debating that, but outside it's aesthetic, I find it fairly generic. It lacks those extra flourishes(blood, creative kills, high-body count, tits..etc) that elevate both the '13th and Eyes reboots.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
                          Friday > Hills > Thing = Texas > House > Nightmare

Okay, but TCM isn't even half as visceral/kinetic. THHE is a lot more fun, as well.
                          The TCM redux is well-made, there's no debating that, but outside it's aesthetic, I find it fairly generic. It lacks those extra flourishes(blood, creative kills, high-body count, tits..etc) that elevate both the '13th and Eyes reboots.
                          You lost me at "Friday >"

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            You lost me at "Friday >"
                            This.

And Seven Sins, don't bother watching the Last House remake. It's terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post

Lol the Hills remake was just as boring as the original.

Comment

• I knew that would draw some ire.

I find it to be the most entertaining and/or re-watchable of the mod. remakes. The hate is strong, but it's got a lot going for it; lush cinematography, beautiful location, strong intro, creative, violent, kills, high(est) body-count, solid nudity, and a great(best?) looking cast.

inhale

exhale

Comment

Working...
                                X