No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the remake was good i thought the begining was good too. nothing can touch the original.
    I will find a center in you.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarKnightmare View Post
      I like both this and the remake equaly the same
      This IS the remake.

I thought this was one of the better remakes, one of my favorites, along with The Hills Have Eyes.
      [XBOXLIVE]AOD Slasher 911[/XBOXLIVE]
      Playstation 3 Online ID: Stingray911

When the bullet hits the bone...

Game Of The Year=Metal Gear Solid 4

Comment

people still like this shit?

this movie was beyond terrible

Comment

I HAVE TO SAY THE REMAKE (2003) WAS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. THE BEGINNING COMPLETELY SUCKED!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alleywaykrew View Post
            Since my posts keep getting deleted...I'll just say about this flick that I never really understood all the hate. It's not a great film by any means, and it's certainly not as good as the original...but as far as remakes go (especially all the remakes since), it's pretty damn good.
            i totally agree....at least it was almost as gritty and dirty as the original....and eric balfour is way hot....i saw him in a movie called ''lie with me''and let me tell you,whew..he got me all hot and bothered...ladies,do you agree...

i have to say,i saw the one with renee and mathew on fearnet the other night and i have a whole new appreciation for it even though it is basically chessy as hell...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raining-Blood View Post
              Does/Did anyone actually like this movie? Compared to the ones where its prequels and sequels, i like that they remade the original.

Ive heard from some people and heard both sides:

"I hate it, its stupid and that cop taking the camera man through the house is sooo fake, its not real!" (Duh)

But ive also heard

"Leatherface is actually kind of creppy in this one and its brilliant"
              Well I look at this film in 2 ways.

One its a pretty cool film, but a pathetic remake of such a classic. That may make no sense, but to me it does. As a movie it was good. But I can do nothing less then compare it to TCM 74, and well, every time I do that, I hate it more and more.

TCM 74 to me was a horror film, no other way to put it, about a family of sick and deranged twisted cannibals, while the remake came off to me as a thriller, with horror blended in . A good job as a movie.It wasnt boring at all, but was in no way far even close to the original TCM and what it brought. The original TCM was just grimy and dirty and you could feel it as you watch.You know these people are cannibals.I didnt get that feeling with the remake. It was a good thriller,with lots of action.
              Last edited by Hardgore; 07-17-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I liked the remake the best. The Beginning was great too.
                Take your pants off

Comment

Originally posted by Missy Teratophiliac View Post
                  The remake may have more gore but none of the original's impact & power-the bit where the girl commits suicide by gunshot in the van is terrible-you can even see the girl playing Pepper half laughing as well as screaming. The only really impressive one here is R Lee Ermey as the seedy sheriff.
                  I kinda noticed that too but I just took it as Pepper was in such a state of shock. In cases of extreme shock some people are known to laugh hysterically.
                  Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years-face up..make your stand and realize you're living in the golden years - Iron Maiden "wasted years"

Comment

I love this movie. As a remake, it's definitely very different, and I like that in a remake. Could it have been more faithful to the original's storyline? Yes. Would that be an original or particularly interesting thing to watch? Not really. I like what they did with it, and I really adore how it was made - very stylishly done, artistically shot. A

Comment

Originally posted by Anthropophagus View Post
                      I love this movie. As a remake, it's definitely very different, and I like that in a remake. Could it have been more faithful to the original's storyline? Yes. Would that be an original or particularly interesting thing to watch? Not really. I like what they did with it, and I really adore how it was made - very stylishly done, artistically shot. A
                      you rated this an A?

please...stop watching movies.

Comment

I rate movies partly on the rating they deserve but mostly on what I personally think of them. It most definitely deserves an 'A' grade in some ways, doesn't quite deserve one in some other ways, but because I like it so much it stays on an 'A'. And me? Stop watching movies? You wish.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhavok2011 View Post
                          I HAVE TO SAY THE REMAKE (2003) WAS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL.

are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Anal Yogurt View Post
                            are you kidding me?
                            Nope....I agree. The original is over rated. I watched it when I was a kid and I couldn't stand it. It was one of the few that didn't scare me but instead, annoyed the shit out of me.

The re-make just has more watchable characters. Jessica Biel with her Awesome rack. R.L. Emery as the older brother/sheriff was kick ass. Then you have the steroid dude from "The Program" acting like a bad ass.

The original Leatherface was a little bitch and made those stupid squealing sounds.

Yea, It sucks LF get's his arm chopped off at the end, but that's about it. If anything, at the end of the original that they should have came back and firebombed the Sawyer house.

Those people were fucking annoying as shit.

Comment

Originally posted by disanti View Post
                              Nope....I agree. The original is over rated. I watched it when I was a kid and I couldn't stand it. It was one of the few that didn't scare me but instead, annoyed the shit out of me.

The re-make just has more watchable characters. Jessica Biel with her Awesome rack. R.L. Emery as the older brother/sheriff was kick ass. Then you have the steroid dude from "The Program" acting like a bad ass.

The original Leatherface was a little bitch and made those stupid squealing sounds.

Yea, It sucks LF get's his arm chopped off at the end, but that's about it. If anything, at the end of the original that they should have came back and firebombed the Sawyer house.

Those people were fucking annoying as shit.

Dont you mean he saws into his leg at the end of the FAR SUPERIOR original?

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

it goes as r. lee ermey does. when he's not on screen it grinds to a halt that not even jessica biel in tight jeans can pull it out of. it never even comes close the capturing the gritty atmosphere of the original either.

Comment

Working...
                                X