Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should the song be to play in the ending credits. There is always some kick-ass song that plays in the ending credits for the Nightmare films.

    What song do you want?

    Comment


    • I've missed a bit, been M.I.A. for awhile.

      Just saw the new pre-fire pic. Meh, I dont care how he looks before it. Hopefully we wont see much of before it anyways.

      As for the score in the film. The will have to have the old 1, 2 Freddy's coming for you. I would also love the old theme to return. Its very soft, and almost nursery rhyme type. Very creepy.
      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

      Comment


      • Originally posted by oxley View Post
        I've missed a bit, been M.I.A. for awhile.

        Just saw the new pre-fire pic. Meh, I dont care how he looks before it. Hopefully we wont see much of before it anyways.

        As for the score in the film. The will have to have the old 1, 2 Freddy's coming for you. I would also love the old theme to return. Its very soft, and almost nursery rhyme type. Very creepy.


        agreed. We have to have the 1,2 nursery rhyme. Its just not NOES otherwise.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
          agreed. We have to have the 1,2 nursery rhyme. Its just not NOES otherwise.
          Yeah, it wouldnt be the same. I hope to god they dont change it.
          A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

          Comment


          • I dont think the rhyme will be in the new film, if freddy's meant be a victim of lies and shit.
            If you think about it, it was in the original cos local kids used to sing it, because freddy was a notorious child killer in the neighbourhood.
            As nancy says to tina ''was like that old jump rope song one two freddys coming for you''.

            Comment


            • Its in the remake at various points.

              The kids sing it playfully in the flashback, as Freddy's chasing them around like in a hide-and-seek type game.

              We hear snippets of it in some nightmares too. I don't remember if it was ever fully there with jump-rope kids though.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Guywiththegun View Post
                Its in the remake at various points.

                The kids sing it playfully in the flashback, as Freddy's chasing them around like in a hide-and-seek type game.

                We hear snippets of it in some nightmares too. I don't remember if it was ever fully there with jump-rope kids though.
                I is guaranteed the rhyme will be in the remake but I did read there was rewrites in the scripts.

                Comment


                • Theres a scene in the script where Nancy is in her dream and shes back at her preschool and Freddy (in human form) is singing "1,2 Freddys Coming For You" to Nancy when shes a kid.

                  As for a song at Deans party

                  Bush - Machinehead
                  Of course you can wait...you can wait because you gotta. I was in Nam...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                    And to take that one step further, I like Tuesday Knight's (who plays kristen) song "Running From A Nightmare" more than Dokken's "Dream Warriors" track.
                    And to take it even further, the special effects are some of the best in the history of horror. The little heads on a pizza, Freddy's demise, the girl turning into a cockroach, all great effects sequences. And the cast of characters are actually likeable too. Not one of the teens are of the "can't wait for them to get killed" variety and that makes their death scenes kinda terrible (especially the heads on a pizza gag) My one real complaint is the look of it. It looks a little like a direct to video flick. (it's akin to friday the 13th iv in that regard) All in all though The Dream Master is damn good fun & underrated in my eyes.

                    [YOUTUBE]HVXoB0Lhm8U[/YOUTUBE]

                    DVDs


                    Recent Flicks
                    Jurassic World - 7/10
                    Speed - 8.5/10
                    John Wick - 9.5/10
                    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                    Interstellar - 8/10

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                      And to take it even further, the special effects are some of the best in the history of horror. The little heads on a pizza, Freddy's demise, the girl turning into a cockroach, all great effects sequences. And the cast of characters are actually likeable too. Not one of the teens are of the "can't wait for them to get killed" variety and that makes their death scenes kinda terrible (especially the heads on a pizza gag) My one real complaint is the look of it. It looks a little like a direct to video flick. (it's akin to friday the 13th iv in that regard) All in all though The Dream Master is damn good fun & underrated in my eyes.

                      [YOUTUBE]HVXoB0Lhm8U[/YOUTUBE]
                      whats the name of the song in the clip.

                      Comment


                      • I have to agree, Part 4 definitely withstands the test of time better than part 3 simply because the kills are far less cheesy. The suck face scene in the classroom was badass in part 4.

                        Part 3 did have the TV room death scene with Zsa Zsa Gabor, which is probably the better kill out of both films in my opinion.

                        I think it's rather ironic how Patricia Arquette declined being in Part 4 due to not wanting to be typecast, then went on to be in Stigmata and is currently in the show MEDIUM which is all about her basically playing the same character.
                        KITTYSAFE.NET
                        Facebook | Website
                        | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
                          I have to agree, Part 4 definitely withstands the test of time better than part 3 simply because the kills are far less cheesy.
                          Come on your telling me you didn't like Phillip's death? Or even Taryn's? Besides Part 1 and 2 I think Freddy takes the cake though for best makeup in Part 4.
                          Of course you can wait...you can wait because you gotta. I was in Nam...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by D-Nugz! View Post
                            Come on your telling me you didn't like Phillip's death? Or even Taryn's? Besides Part 1 and 2 I think Freddy takes the cake though for best makeup in Part 4.
                            That's exactly what I'm telling you. The death's in part 3 were not very satisfying to me.
                            KITTYSAFE.NET
                            Facebook | Website
                            | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freddy_onElmSt View Post
                              QUESTION FOR EVERYONE...

                              What songs do you hope plays during the party scene in the remake? Cause the opening scene is a party scene with Kristen, Jesse, Quentin, Nancy, Dean.

                              My only hope they don't play no Miley Cyrus crap. LMAO.
                              I think it should be like a fun blink 182 song. Something party like.
                              ------------------------------------
                              ------------------------------------

                              SCRE4M

                              Comment


                              • Anyone read the A Nightmare On Elm Street 6 Freddy's Dead original draft by Wes Craven? Rachel Talalay read it and thought it was awful so she made her own.
                                There were some things in the script like Jacob Johnson is the main character (Alice's baby from Dream Child) and freddy kills his mom, Alice, and then he is thrown in a foster home.

                                There is an interesting death that was written that I found absolutely hysterical where a kid is sitting in the tv room at the foster home laying on the couch (Think Dream Warriors when Jennifer dies alone). He is watching a black and white movie where doctors are smoking cigarettes. The kid while he is watching this wraps himself more up in his white blanket on the couch. He blinks his eyes and the room changes . He tries to stand up but he is wrapped in the blanket so tight its sort of like a cocoon. The TV is still playing and one of the doctors turns into freddy krueger. He says "Hey Wesley have a smoke with us " as he lights a cigarette. We now realize wesley is wrapped up like a cigarette and the room morphed into a cigarette pack. Freddy opens the pack and pulls out Wesley in cigarette form and places him between his lips and lights the end which is his head. He takes a few drags until half his body is charred and says something stupid like "surgeon general warning smoking is bad for your health". He then flicks the cigarette and Wesley's head and torso fall to the floor in gruesome fashion.
                                The next day they find Wesley in the TV room and half his body is burnt off. Reminds me a lot like Dream Master when Debbie morphs into ant and gets crushed in the little containers. A stupid death that would have been interesting to see.
                                Of course you can wait...you can wait because you gotta. I was in Nam...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X