Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
    That's absolutely not true, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Even in light of economic crisis, BD sales are strong. The Dark Knight for instance was the biggest seller reaching 3 million copies sold.

Just check out blu-ray.com or digitalbits.com. They keep up with the format to the tee.
    I see, seems I was mis-informed.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
      Just a thought, does anyone know if prior to the release of the remake, will we be getting a "His Name Was Jason" type thing for ANOES?
      As someone said earlier, yes NOES will most likely be getting a doco to coincide with the remake. Fangoria mentioned it a while back after the shooting for His Name Was Jason had wrapped up. Seems the same people behind that are interested in doing a doc for NOES.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
        REALLY!?

Thats sweet, where did you hear that?
        A couple places but Fango confirmed it awhile back even before HNWJ came out. ANOES is getting a similiar treatment and if memory serves me correctly they are looking at doing the same thing to Hellraiser next. So look for 2 disc sets for both the series in the future.

Comment

• Does anybody know if there has been any news on what exactly the plot will be ? I'm interested to know if it's going to be a straight up remake of the first, i mean will we see a return of the Thompson family ?

Comment

• going a bit off topic but I agree digital downloads will never take off. Main reason, not everyone will want to keep making back ups of everythin they download. As viruses will start to infect PVR's or hardware failure and u can end up loosing hell of alot of movies.

Discs are alot easier to look after. Almost all of my dvds are scratch free, apart from the ones I let people borrow.
            My DVDs

Comment

• Inevitably, hard copies will decline. It's the logical evolution of the media format. As computer/internet technology continues to integrate and become more compatible with other forms of hardware, I'm 100% positive we'll see a radical decline in hard copies of media within our lifetimes
              myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
              How did he know?!~

Comment

• I'm more looking forward to a Nightmare on Elm Street remake than a Friday the 13th one, even though I think there is much more to screw up with a Nightmare film.

The premise to me is just far more satisfying.

I really want to see this movie succeed, Freddy is definitely one of my favorite slasher villains.
                KITTYSAFE.NET
                Facebook | Website
                | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

• Seriously, anyone here who has the original NOES movie, go put it on and watch from 6:25 in when Johnny Depp's character is playing sound effects for his mom on the phone. At 6:30 or so, Heather's character tries to fix it and then she jumps back to the sofa laughing, but it looks so weird the way she jumps back like she's being pulled, just odd, check it out.
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website

Comment

• When Nancy describes the killer, her parents both recognized the description as Freddy immediately, you see it in their eyes, but the idea of it being a copy cat never comes up.
                    KITTYSAFE.NET
                    Facebook | Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
                      Seriously, anyone here who has the original NOES movie, go put it on and watch from 6:25 in when Johnny Depp's character is playing sound effects for his mom on the phone. At 6:30 or so, Heather's character tries to fix it and then she jumps back to the sofa laughing, but it looks so weird the way she jumps back like she's being pulled, just odd, check it out.
                      She was pulled by the sounds of pure awesome apparently.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                        I respectfully disagree. Cravens whole point was to peel back the layers of suburbia and the whole Reagan era way of thinking.

By the 90s everything was drab, depressing, and pretty much peeled back. You don`t have the same type of visceral punch in the gut.

Elm Street was very clean and very beautiful. Very suburbia.

A 90s take would have been more grunge, more depression, and for those reasons alone it wouldnt make such an impression. Freddy wouldnt seem so scary in the 90s kids were already jaded and depressed enough as it was during that era.
                        You're right. ANOES in the 90's would have been really depressing. it would lack the humor and the raw "rock and roll" edge that some of the chracrecers had. Today, it would probably be alot like a phsycological thriller, since today's suburban kids are so fucking angry. lol

Comment

• I'm pretty sure part 6 and 7 were made in the early to mid '90s, and they didn't do very well.

The last good Freddy film was part 3 in 1987.
                          KITTYSAFE.NET
                          Facebook | Website

Comment

• When Nancy describes the killer, her parents both recognized the description as Freddy immediately, you see it in their eyes, but the idea of it being a copy cat never comes up.
                            Well, how would a copycat killer enter their dreams?

Comment

• The gym teacher killing scene in NOES part 2 was very disappointing. You see one slash down his back, another off camera, and then the guy's dead. Fucking stupid. NOES played it too safe, I think that's been the downfall of the franchise throughout. Part 3 is much more graphic, and has a better story, so it is a far better film than part 2.

Part 1 to me is still the best and shouldn't be remade, instead just make a better sequel.

Also why does Freddy ask the kid to kill for him in Part 2 when he obviously can just make him kill for him i.e. the gym coach.

Part 2 is horrible lol.
                              Last edited by Kupotek; 02-22-2009, 04:26 PM.
                              KITTYSAFE.NET
                              Facebook | Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Guywiththegun View Post
                                Well, how would a copycat killer enter their dreams?
                                At the time the parents didn't think that's what was happening, all they thought was someone matching Kreuger's description was killing people again.
                                KITTYSAFE.NET
                                Facebook | Website

Comment

Working...
                                X