No announcement yet.

Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that's true to an extent. I welcome people bringing their own mannerisms & uniquenesses tot eh character, but there is so far you can push that before it ceases to be the character. Englund became Krueger, his stance, his voice in some area's, his humour and movements, not to mention he even began doing the characters lines by himself in some parts, which happen to be some of the characters most quoted. Even in other films, when you watch Englund all you see is Freddy without the costume and raspiness to the voice, and of course acting in a different tone, but it's still completely in your face. He comes off the same in interviews, stuff he says just sounds like something Krueger would say. The two became entwined to such an extent it is impossible to have the same effect with another actor.

And yeah, the more times PD bullshit and go back on their words the more fans they will loose, and they seem to be retreating rather quickly. Sure some people like their films, but most people have brains not to support a group of people who abuse fans trust, even if you like what they are doing in terms of entertainment.

I just can't believe the idea's of Nightmare are completely limitless with what can be done, even if it looks completely fake it can be passed off because its in a dream, and can look "fake". It would be a cheap thing to do but it can be done.

I just can't believe how the film lacked so much visuals, even when the franchise was at it's lows, the effects and visuals in them are stunning, most to this day. Hell, even FvJ had fun with Krueger and his powers in the nightmares, PD did pretty much nothing to show his abilities. Nor did Krueger dive into anyone's actual fears and use them against them, which he has done countless times in the past.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
      I think that's true to an extent. I welcome people bringing their own mannerisms & uniquenesses tot eh character, but there is so far you can push that before it ceases to be the character. Englund became Krueger, his stance, his voice in some area's, his humour and movements, not to mention he even began doing the characters lines by himself in some parts, which happen to be some of the characters most quoted. Even in other films, when you watch Englund all you see is Freddy without the costume and raspiness to the voice, and of course acting in a different tone, but it's still completely in your face. He comes off the same in interviews, stuff he says just sounds like something Krueger would say. The two became entwined to such an extent it is impossible to have the same effect with another actor.
      That's very true, but when I say "making the character their own" I mean giving the character a few new mannerisms & such while retaining what makes that character who he is. For instance, I liked how Haley would swiftly move the blades on the knife in certain scenes, it was something new that I could identify with the new interpretation. And that's entirely true with Englund. I actually noticed that a lot with his cameo in Urban Legend. I kept seeing glimpses of Freddy almost every time he spoke.

And yeah, the more times PD bullshit and go back on their words the more fans they will loose, and they seem to be retreating rather quickly. Sure some people like their films, but most people have brains not to support a group of people who abuse fans trust, even if you like what they are doing in terms of entertainment.

I just can't believe the idea's of Nightmare are completely limitless with what can be done, even if it looks completely fake it can be passed off because its in a dream, and can look "fake". It would be a cheap thing to do but it can be done.
      Yeah, & some people don't understand that. Even with eight NOES films, not even a portion of the territory that could be covered has been thus far, because there's a lot you can do with a character like this. It's just going to take some unique writers & directors who aren't lazy & going to just try rewriting some shit we've seen before. It's going to take someone who completely & 100% understands the franchise, but wants to take it a few steps further.

I just can't believe how the film lacked so much visuals, even when the franchise was at it's lows, the effects and visuals in them are stunning, most to this day. Hell, even FvJ had fun with Krueger and his powers in the nightmares, PD did pretty much nothing to show his abilities. Nor did Krueger dive into anyone's actual fears and use them against them, which he has done countless times in the past.
      These are the reasons why I want a new company behind the franchise. Freddy has ALWAYS made extreme usage of his powers, but in the remake all they made him do was teleport, shape-shift, & the other things he, as well as other horror slashers of his nature have already done a billion times. I wanted to see him using the kid's fears against them. That's the fun behind the movies...the fact that there's nothing you can hide from Krueger. Just by simply invading your dreams, he already knows everything about you, & he uses that to have fun with his prey.

Comment

• I liked the "scissor" movements Haley did with the glove as well, and it showed he wasn't just cutting and pasting. And the only "morphing" Krueger did in the remake was the scene were he turned into the fucking Sand Man coming out of the wall, from memory. Apart from that he did teleport (look out, inventive and only done 100 times before) and changed the scene's twice from memory, and created an obstacle once, which was the blood/ooze on the floor.

In the past we have seen him dive into fears and turning people into them, such as the roach kill in part 4. And Dan in Part 5 was a bit over the top but the effects of him and his flesh meshing with the bike is pretty damn amazing. The remake didn't even touch on the things the character is capable of.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        My little idiot..

Comment

I liked the "scissor" movements Haley did with the glove as well, and it showed he wasn't just cutting and pasting. And the only "morphing" Krueger did in the remake was the scene were he turned into the fucking Sand Man coming out of the wall, from memory. Apart from that he did teleport (look out, inventive and only done 100 times before) and changed the scene's twice from memory, and created an obstacle once, which was the blood/ooze on the floor.

In the past we have seen him dive into fears and turning people into them, such as the roach kill in part 4. And Dan in Part 5 was a bit over the top but the effects of him and his flesh meshing with the bike is pretty damn amazing. The remake didn't even touch on the things the character is capable of.
          I still want to see the god damn scene where Krueger is Kris all gookied up in black with the glove... that is what Freddy does... He takes what you cared about, and twists that very thing into a nightmarish image. One of the scariest things is having your loved one become the total opposite of what they were to you... something evil.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
            I still want to see the god damn scene where Krueger is Kris all gookied up in black with the glove... that is what Freddy does... He takes what you cared about, and twists that very thing into a nightmarish image. One of the scariest things is having your loved one become the total opposite of what they were to you... something evil.
            Exactly, as to why that wasn't used is beyond me THAT is Krueger, not someone who runs around going BOO! every 10 minutes.

Now, with that said, if that was in the movie I don't think it would have been to effective. Did Nancy and Kris have much of a relationship at all? No, the only scene they really talk in is at a funeral from memory, and it's lucky to be 45 seconds. So, maybe that's why they cut it...

My little idiot..

Comment

• I kind of got the impression Nancy & Kris were good friends. Maybe not bestfriends, but I think they knew each other well enough, so I think that scene should've been incorporated into the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                I kind of got the impression Nancy & Kris were good friends. Maybe not bestfriends, but I think they knew each other well enough, so I think that scene should've been incorporated into the movie.
                I didn't.

Unlike the kids in the original, who were a close bunch of friends, the group in the remake barely knew each other.

Comment

• I got that they were all friends in the remake but just not as tight as the gang in the original film.
                  Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• They didn't seem like friends at all. Just the type of person you nod to or say "Hey" when you walk past.

My little idiot..

Comment

They didn't seem like friends at all. Just the type of person you nod to or say "Hey" when you walk past.
                      They might not have bashing beer bottles over their heads and having giant orgies but they seemed to be friends. Just not as tight as the group in the original, obviously.
                      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Exactly, as to why that wasn't used is beyond me THAT is Krueger, not someone who runs around going BOO! every 10 minutes.

Now, with that said, if that was in the movie I don't think it would have been to effective. Did Nancy and Kris have much of a relationship at all? No, the only scene they really talk in is at a funeral from memory, and it's lucky to be 45 seconds. So, maybe that's why they cut it...
                        You remember the bodybag scene though in the remake? I'd say they already tried it by keeping it in, so why not just keep that other part on there? Also, god damn why oh why did they not put that church scene in? I would love to see how that played out cinematically, not just behind the scenes. There are whole scenes gut out of this movie.... and I prefer the alternate ending of the remake which of course would have been less marketable if they did that... everything has to be iconic full of "money" shots... who cares if it would actually strengthen character a bit. I think there's a step up somewhere within this film.... if only PD had the balls to bring it forth.

I'd also take out some bits here and there like the moment Kris enters the dream in the classroom, Freddy shouldn't be standing there already... just totally ruins presence. He should be treated like an ominous presence, not a jack in the box.

Comment

You remember the bodybag scene though in the remake? I'd say they already tried it by keeping it in, so why not just keep that other part on there? Also, god damn why oh why did they not put that church scene in? I would love to see how that played out cinematically, not just behind the scenes. There are whole scenes gut out of this movie.... and I prefer the alternate ending of the remake which of course would have been less marketable if they did that... everything has to be iconic full of "money" shots... who cares if it would actually strengthen character a bit. I think there's a step up somewhere within this film.... if only PD had the balls to bring it forth.
                          Meh, they fucked the whole thing up.

Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                          I'd also take out some bits here and there like the moment Kris enters the dream in the classroom, Freddy shouldn't be standing there already... just totally ruins presence. He should be treated like an ominous presence, not a jack in the box.
                          Agreed, they just stuck him in the open, and when they didn't do that they would only have him off-screen to pop up and go BOO, and they expected it to be effective. Stupid fucks.
                          Last edited by Oxley; 10-16-2010, 04:40 AM.

My little idiot..

Comment

• I liked a few of the NOES movies..but now that I go back and watch a few of them again...some of them were real cheesey...just plain bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZARCULA View Post
                              I liked a few of the NOES movies..but now that I go back and watch a few of them again...some of them were real cheesey...just plain bad.
                              I think everyone of the Nightmare films minus the remake were at the very least visually impressive with tons of creativity and are entertaining as such. Slasher films with high concepts.

Comment

I think everyone of the Nightmare films minus the remake were at the very least visually impressive with tons of creativity and are entertaining as such. Slasher films with high concepts.

Agreed, all have great visuals and well standing effects. Even the lesser sequels have idea's in them that are great, and if done a little differently could have worked so much better.

My little idiot..

Comment

Working...
                                X