Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
    Well we finally agree on something

I respect your opinion Rusted and still stand by my comment you had one of the very best horror draft lists.

It's all good, dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post

It's all good, dude.
      Sure is. It could have turned ugly but we both handled it very well.

I would die for SE's of NOES 2-7. The first film is the only one that received any care.

Comment

I would die for SE's of NOES 2-7. The first film is the only one that received any care.
        I would kill for special editions of all the movies.

Seeing that there is tonnes of footage that was cut from all the movies I can't see why New Line wouldn't want to put them out.

Comment

I'd rather have Freddy's Nightmares released.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodypacman View Post
            Never got into those.

Comment

I would kill for special editions of all the movies.

Seeing that there is tonnes of footage that was cut from all the movies I can't see why New Line wouldn't want to put them out.
              I don't understand why they didn't. I'm still a little peeved NOES 5 is rated on DVD. It's watchable as it is but I think the unrated footage is pretty awesome. Supposedly it wasn't included because the negative wasn't in good shape. Still could have included the footage on the bonus disc, same for the other films. There's a workprint of Freddy's Dead out there with a lot of unused footage.

I thought Paramount did a good job with their deluxe editions of Friday the 13th (well 4-.

I wish NOES received the same treatment.

Comment

Never got into those.
                It was just an average series with some good moments,but for collection it'd be cool.
                Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                I don't understand why they didn't. I'm still a little peeved NOES 5 is rated on DVD. It's watchable as it is but I think the unrated footage is pretty awesome. Supposedly it wasn't included because the negative wasn't in good shape. Still could have included the footage on the bonus disc, same for the other films. There's a workprint of Freddy's Dead out there with a lot of unused footage.

I thought Paramount did a good job with their deluxe editions of Friday the 13th (well 4-.

Agreed on all of this.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

I don't get why Part 5 was trimmed for DVD. It's only a few seconds here and there but the difference is huge.

I remember watching it on VHS and that version is definitely the better one.

Greta's death scene, now, has no impact whatsoever as does Dan's.

What I'd really like to see is the kill/effects that were cut from Part 4, that apparently would have meant an X rating if they left it in.

You only have to go onto youtube and there are tonnes of clips of cut,test footage and outtakes from the first movie alone.

There is a treasure trove of footage out there that would sell like hotcakes if released.

Comment

I don't get why Part 5 was trimmed for DVD. It's only a few seconds here and there but the difference is huge.

I remember watching it on VHS and that version is definitely the better one.

Greta's death scene, now, has no impact whatsoever as does Dan's.

What I'd really like to see is the kill/effects that were cut from Part 4, that apparently would have meant an X rating if they left it in.

You only have to go onto youtube and there are tonnes of clips of cut,test footage and outtakes from the first movie alone.

There is a treasure trove of footage out there that would sell like hotcakes if released.
                    I really like Dan's death, even in the Rated, but I completely agree with you on Greta's death. It's nothing now.

I would LOVE to see the edited kill stuff from The Dream Master. The movie is pretty damn dry in it's finished form.

I would happily re- buy all the films again if they did a new Special Edition boxset.

Comment

This movie sucks and if people with no taste want to love it then that's fine by me.
                      They can like it but I think some people are out of their minds when they say that the remake is better than the original. Not to mention that this is one of the lesser remakes out there.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Dude View Post
                        They can like it but I think some people are out of their minds when they say that the remake is better than the original. .
                        That I can agree with.

Comment

They can like it but I think some people are out of their minds when they say that the remake is better than the original. Not to mention that this is one of the lesser remakes out there.
                          There is no way that this is better than the original. It's just not possible.

The original is a classic for a reason. The remake is already forgotten.

Comment

I can agree there. The original is a classic and CANNOT be beaten by any sequel or remake.

Comment

There is no way that this is better than the original. It's just not possible.

The original is a classic for a reason. The remake is already forgotten.
                              The remake got lost in itself. It had ideas, but no originality and direction.

The remake might have stood up next to the original had it tried to do its own thing. Kind of like the Dawn of the Dead remake.
                              Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                              I can agree there. The original is a classic and CANNOT be beaten by any sequel or remake.
                              Exactly. It's crazy to think otherwise.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodypacman View Post
                                The only decent parts of Freddy's Nightmares were when Freddy appears and that was quite rare! You get to see Freddy rapping and playing the guitar though!
                                I agree with you about being able to add them to your Freddy collection but I think each episode really drags on and they were obviously made on a very low budget. I enjoyed the episodes which were a prequel to Nightmare on Elm Street though and I also liked how the series was set in Springwood.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Working...
                                X