Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wick View Post
    Ha. I guess I didn't really watch it, then... but I only stared at it once, so maybe another look would help me out with it. I mean, if what was going on was an evolutionary process toward the xenomorph itself, then it really doesn't make sense that that organism at the end is the first of its kind, and its on a different planet, and its only means of leaving the planet had already flown away :/ Maybe I fell asleep during something more important than the existence of the xenomorph, which I guess is why I watched it, or stared at it :/
    You don't think a trillion dollar vessle going "missing"/blown up, wouldn't spark a rescue mission where the Xenomorph it's self won't be there to meet and greet some more humans? From the data they transmitted/black box would spark a huge uproar on earth if we knew the existence of our species.

There may be some plotholes but a second movie was always intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wick View Post
      Ha. I guess I didn't really watch it, then... but I only stared at it once, so maybe another look would help me out with it. I mean, if what was going on was an evolutionary process toward the xenomorph itself, then it really doesn't make sense that that organism at the end is the first of its kind, and its on a different planet, and its only means of leaving the planet had already flown away :/ Maybe I fell asleep during something more important than the existence of the xenomorph, which I guess is why I watched it, or stared at it :/
      You really missed the whole point by the sounds of it.

The engineers, were experimenting with Bio-Weapons of mass destruction. The Xeno's, being one of such experiments. The planet in Prometheus is set on LV223, where Alien is LV426.

In the movie they actually say that the engineers weren't stupid enough to experiment with such weapons 'on their own doorstep' so, they took their work to isolated and abandoned planets. The things in Prometheus are Xeno DNA creatures, but not the same "species" as seen in the previous films.

My guess is, each LV planet is experimenting with a different strand of the Xeno make-up.
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
        You really missed the whole point by the sounds of it.

The engineers, were experimenting with Bio-Weapons of mass destruction. The Xeno's, being one of such experiments. The planet in Prometheus is set on LV223, where Alien is LV426.

In the movie they actually say that the engineers weren't stupid enough to experiment with such weapons 'on their own doorstep' so, they took their work to isolated and abandoned planets. The things in Prometheus are Xeno DNA creatures, but not the same "species" as seen in the previous films.

My guess is, each LV planet is experimenting with a different strand of the Xeno make-up.

This too ^

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
          There may be some plotholes but a second movie was always intended.

Comment

Working...
          X