Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should totally keep the character of Ripley out of the equation.

I'd hate to think who they'd cast.

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
      Maybe, just maybe, it'll be goof. You never know, and we'll always have the original. I'd rather have a reboot then another stupid fucking sequel.
      Yeah, we will always have the originals that are cemented in the motion picture history hall of fame. If the remakes are terrible, then they will soon be forgotten; the originals will forever be burned in our film loving memories. One of the wonderful things about truly great films, is that we choose to remember them because of the positive effects they have had on our lives. The only wonderful thing about a truly bad film is, is that we can automatically put them out of our minds forever; after the sour aftertaste has dissolved.

BTW - Ridley Scott ain't all that great. He made back to back classics with Alien and Blade Runner and a ton of crap after that.
      Even the best of them make utter shite! 'Thelma and Louise', 'Gladiator', 'Black Hawk Down' and 'American Gangster' are all great as well. Brian De Palma is another legend, who hasn't made a great film since 1993 (Carlito's Way), but his still the mutt's nuts; I'm sure he'll come good again as well!
      Last edited by Slashtastic; 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
        They should totally keep the character of Ripley out of the equation.

I'd hate to think who they'd cast.
        Megan Fox.

She connects with the audience of today!

/vomit
        sigpic

Comment

Awesome!! AWESOME!! Another classic bites the dust. How many films are left out there that haven't been remade yet?

Jaws
          Evil Dead
          The Exorcist

Any others?

I honestly don't care anymore about remakes. The originals will always be there. If the remake turns out to be crap, just forget it like any other turd out there. If it's good, then enjoy it.

Comment

As long as they don't bring back ripley I'm happy. Just create new stories with the Xenomorphs. Just don't fuck up the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
              The originals will always be there. If the remake turns out to be crap, just forget it like any other turd out there. If it's good, then enjoy it.
              Exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashtastic View Post

'Thelma and Louise', 'Gladiator', 'Black Hawk Down' and 'American Gangster' are all great as well.
                TAL and BHD are good, not great. Gladiator is terrible and AG is entertaining, but forgettable.

Comment

Jaws
                  Evil Dead
                  The Exorcist

Any others?
                  Raimi said on the 'Drag Me' red carpet that the ED remake is all but shelved (for a while anyway). Between that, DMTH, and the tidbits he's been dropping about ED4, the guy is my fucking hero right now.

Sam Raimi >> Everyone else in Horror

Comment

TAL and BHD are good, not great. Gladiator is terrible and AG is entertaining, but forgettable.
                    TAL is a great example of feminist cinema in a road movie. BHD is like a migraine image of war, and Scott gets powerhouse performances out Crowe and Washigton in AG. Oh, and 'Gladiator' is just fucking great cinema full stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Guywiththegun View Post
                      Raimi said on the 'Drag Me' red carpet that the ED remake is all but shelved (for a while anyway). Between that, DMTH, and the tidbits he's been dropping about ED4, the guy is my fucking hero right now.

Sam Raimi >> Everyone else in Horror
                      Yes.

I think he's gotten the horror bug again and I think I read somewhere that he's more enthused for Ed4 than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashtastic View Post
                        Scott gets powerhouse performances out Crowe and Washigton in AG.
                        Crowe and Washington are two of the greatest actors working in film today. I wouldn't give that credit to Scott, and great performances don't make great films.

Comment

Gladiator terrible? GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_01 View Post
                            Gladiator terrible? GTFO.
                            Yes, it's terrible. Cheesy and overrated.

At best it's a decent action flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Archipelagos View Post
                              This is where we find out that the Aliens are from an abusive family and that they were really only trying to find someone to love them all along!

Also: Sheri Moon is the original Alien queen.
                              Amazing
                              Check out my horror blog:

http://www.noroominhell.com

Comment

After Fincher ass-raped the series with part 3. Alien 4 was just plain boring and AVP sucked ass they could remake the damn movie's with sock puppets and I don't care.

The first 2 were great but after that the Alien series is a huge failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X