Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
    Crowe and Washington are two of the greatest actors working in film today. I wouldn't give that credit to Scott, and great performances don't make great films.
    Yeah, I forgot to the mention the excellent direction, writing, cinematography and the gritty tense filled to boiling point scenes. Got to mention the awesome supporting performance of the brilliant Josh Brolin, and the cool soundtrack (pre recorded songs and original score) as well.
    Last edited by Slashtastic; 05-28-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashtastic View Post
      Yeah, I forgot to the mention the excellent direction, writing, cinematography and the gritty tense filled to boiling point scenes. Got to mention the awesome supporting performance of the brilliant Josh Brolin, and the cool soundtrack (pre recorded songs and original score) as well.
      Oh come on!

It was a entertaining movie that's been done so many times before. I guess you've never seen the rags to riches story of a drug dealer before. Nothing remotely original, but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
        Oh come on!

It was a entertaining movie that's been done so many times before. I guess you've never seen the rags to riches story of a drug dealer before. Nothing remotely original, but fun.
        Being a film buff, I've seen many film depictions of a drug lord's rise to power; Scarface (83), New Jack City (91), Blow (01), City of God (02), etc. But it's not just the premise, but how well it is executed; the stylistic touches to the material.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashtastic View Post
          Being a film buff, I've seen many film depictions of a drug lord's rise to power; Scarface (83), New Jack City (91), Blow (01), City of God (02), etc. But it's not just the premise, but how well it is executed; the stylistic touches to the material.
          "Stylistic touches" of a story that's been done over and over again does not make a movie great. All because a movie "looks great" doesn't make it great on a whole. Again, it's entertaining but nothing remotely original. You are giving this way too much credit.

Comment

I kinda happy about this. I've been wanting a new alien flick for years. And if it sucks, oh well, it's not like it takes away from the original.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not opposed to a prequel (which is the current rumor). But a remake i am 100% opposed to.

Comment

Depends on how they set the prequel up really.
                Could go either way.
                Just glad Paul Anderson aint directing.
                My DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by hardhousehead View Post
                  Depends on how they set the prequel up really.
                  Could go either way.
                  Just glad Paul Anderson aint directing.
                  Obviously it depends on which way they go with the movie... They're not going to shoot this movie on the moon... But prequel is the best option right now. They shouldn't have killed off Ripley.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukefrukem View Post
                    Obviously it depends on which way they go with the movie... They're not going to shoot this movie on the moon... But prequel is the best option right now. They shouldn't have killed off Ripley.
                    Well the whole Ripley charcter is a non issue if its a origins story as she would not be involved with it. They would need whole new charcters.
                    My DVDs

Comment

Ripley was great in 1-3. But her story is done. The sooner they get away from her and Predators the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukefrukem View Post
                        They shouldn't have killed off Ripley.
                        They did kill her off but they cloned her in 4. You probably already know this and if you do, ignore me
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                          Tara Reid for Ripley. *Fingers crossed*
                          you need to have your fingers cut, possibly even bitten off so you can never type anything that stupid ever again...

Fincher ass-raped the series with part 3
                          same goes for you.

I don't know whats worse, that its being remade, or that ridly scott seems to be going along with it. He wouldn't even be a filmmaker if not for that movie.this truely is a sad day. Predator, NOW Alien. the horror won't end with thier release either. sequel's will follow and hollywood will destroy millions of peoples favorite movies for the sake of wringing out some more money to make the rich even richer. God I hate this fucking country.

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

Eh, big whoop if they reboot it with a different story, but in the same universe.

It'd be nice if they could at least get Dan O'Bannon to write the thing, but oh well.

Probably still won't be worth a shit, but at least it beats the fuck out of a Megan Fox as Ripley, random douchebag from The OC as Dallas, etc. type remake.

Just a reminder to the new director though... shaky cam is "out"- lens flares are "in"!

Comment

Originally posted by twiztidserealkilla17 View Post
                              you need to have your fingers cut, possibly even bitten off so you can never type anything that stupid ever again...

same goes for you.

I don't know whats worse, that its being remade, or that ridly scott seems to be going along with it. He wouldn't even be a filmmaker if not for that movie.this truely is a sad day. Predator, NOW Alien. the horror won't end with thier release either. sequel's will follow and hollywood will destroy millions of peoples favorite movies for the sake of wringing out some more money to make the rich even richer. God I hate this fucking country.
                              How do remakes ruin the originals? They are two seperate films. I aboslutely hate the remake of Day of the Dead, but the original is still one of my favorite horror films.
                              sigpic

Comment

It can only be better then AvP.
                                Its gonna be hard to be worse then that. If Ridley is there then I hope he makes sure they dont fuck it up.
                                My DVDs

Comment

Working...
                                X