Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was excited before about the 3D but now I'm REALLY excited. I didn't realize Scott was such a fan of it. I honestly think 3D is amazing when used right (none of that post-converted, tons of cheesy pop-out effects added crap).

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
      Chris Nolan better pull some impressive tricks with TDKR because as of now this is going to be the blockbuster of the year.
      Apples and oranges.. Besides, I don't think the trailer for TDK was all that impressive either. I trust Nolan more than any other filmmaker working today. Especially considering he's in those prime filmmaking years like Spielberg & Carpenter were in the Mid 70's to Mid 80's.

As for this film, like everyone else has said it looks really great. And like Klown said the trailer does show alot of new stuff but it's still able to stay relatively spoiler-free which is awesome.

And from what we've seen so far I think it's safe to say that Iceland provides some prime real estate for otherworldy filming locations. Can't wait..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
      Jurassic World - 7/10
      Speed - 8.5/10
      John Wick - 9.5/10
      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
        I'm actually quite excited for the 3d in this too, which is never the case with me.
        I think I'm warming to the idea too now.

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
        The only thing I'm worried about is the possibly PG-13 rating.
        Doesn't bother me in the slightest. if that's the case we'll no doubt get a director's cut on blu ray complete with anything that was left-out.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
          Apples and oranges.. Besides, I don't think the trailer for TDK was all that impressive either. I trust Nolan more than any other filmmaker working today. Especially considering he's in those prime filmmaking years like Spielberg & Carpenter were in the Mid 70's to Mid 80's.

As for this film, like everyone else has said it looks really great. And like Klown said the trailer does show alot of new stuff but it's still able to stay relatively spoiler-free which is awesome.

And from what we've seen so far I think it's safe to say that Iceland provides some prime real estate for otherworldy filming locations. Can't wait..
          I'd add QT and PTA to that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
            Doesn't bother me in the slightest. if that's the case we'll no doubt get a director's cut on blu ray complete with anything that was left-out.
            Not only that, but an experienced director like Scott probably knows how to stretch a PG-13 for all it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
              Fuck me, there are still a lot of annoying people on here.

Trailer looks awesome. I love the fact that they've managed to capture the tone of the original withoput dragging too much of Aliens back in to it (which is where all the spin offs, games, etc have gone wrong). New Giger designs is awesome, a new plot. It looks like it could nail the tone and feel of Alien without having to retread material. Hopefully the film is actually good and does well enough to influence other franchise follow ups.

I'm actually quite excited for the 3d in this too, which is never the case with me.
              Depeche tells it how it is.

Comment

• The UK Trailer, not sure if its been posted already.
                [YOUTUBE]a9jRaa4Wkbk[/YOUTUBE]
                About the same as the U.S. trailer with a few new bits added.
                Can't wait
                “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginobili View Post
                  The UK Trailer, not sure if its been posted already.
                  [YOUTUBE]a9jRaa4Wkbk[/YOUTUBE]
                  About the same as the U.S. trailer with a few new bits added.
                  Can't wait
                  Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally different than the US version.

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                    Why the fuck aren't you banned yet, you annoying little fuck.
                    Oh, I agree.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    I still don't see how this isn't a prequel or connected majorly to Alien... there are clearly huge set pieces and creature designs in this trailer that are in Alien, how can it not be connected?
                    It's connected to Alien alright, and a lot more than they are letting on.

I guess they are just trying to maintain the elements of mystery but from everything I've seen it's a direct prequel.

As for a PG-13 rating, who cares. The blu will be be unrated so if there's any gore shots cut out they'll find there way to blu.

Besides, I watched Alien last night and if that film was released today it would be PG-13. Besides the chestburster scene, which looks tame by todays standards, there is nothing that warrants an R in that film.

Comment

• Is it just me, or does the CGI look absolutely perfect in this film? Some of those shots are so obviously green screened, but it all looks incredibly authentic.

I think this film might be that next step in visual effects we've all been waiting for.

When does this come out again? These trailers are blowing me the fuck away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        Is it just me, or does the CGI look absolutely perfect in this film? Some of those shots are so obviously green screened, but it all looks incredibly authentic.

I think this film might be that next step in visual effects we've all been waiting for.

Agreed. Every shot is a thing of beauty. Just amazing. I think the release date is June 6.

Comment

• I wasn't so sure about this movie because we Xenomorphs play NO part in the film, but after some convincing from a friend in the forum, I'm going to give it a second chance when it comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Xenomorph View Post
                            I wasn't so sure about this movie because we Xenomorphs play NO part in the film, but after some convincing from a friend in the forum, I'm going to give it a second chance when it comes out.
                            Give it up, and get banned already. Christ, you're irritating.

Comment

Is it just me, or does the CGI look absolutely perfect in this film? Some of those shots are so obviously green screened, but it all looks incredibly authentic.

The effects look flawless. A perfect blend of CGI and real locations and sets.

Released on June 8.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                              Patience. It'll happen. This moron doesn't know when to quit.

Comment

Don't be a jerk.

Comment

Working...
                                X