Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
    Beautiful new screenprint from Alien.

Can be purchased here. I might do so.
    Ordered. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

• Mailman brought today my 4-Disc Prometheus-copy, damn, it looks beautiful. I am so excited to check it out. But hell, where to begin? Need some help, pls.

Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
      Ordered. Thanks for posting this!
      You are a good girl! It will look awesome when properly framed.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        Mailman brought today my 4-Disc Prometheus-copy, damn, it looks beautiful. I am so excited to check it out. But hell, where to begin? Need some help, pls.

You are a good girl! It will look awesome when properly framed.
        First things first.... WATCH THE MOVIE!!

I recommend Scott's commentary and, of course, the incredible 3+ hour making of documentary.

Deleted scenes as well!! Best release of the year so far.

Comment

• Finally got to check it out. Great flick, although the whole time I was watching it I was kind of hoping for some more connections to the Alien films.
          I really liked all of the creature designs and to me they all felt like they were evolving as the movie went along and would eventually become the Aliens that we all know and love.

Comment

• Geez, I thought it was utter crap--confused, flat, boring, unintentionally humorous. It bore little resemblance to anything Ridley Scott has directed, suffered from lacklustre writing in terms of story and insufferable dialogue. The actors and their acting were utterly forgetable, and the 3D gave me a migraine. It was visually sumptuous in spots, but eye-candy does not a good film make--just ask Zack Snyder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
              Geez, I thought it was utter crap--confused, flat, boring, unintentionally humorous. It bore little resemblance to anything Ridley Scott has directed, suffered from lacklustre writing in terms of story and insufferable dialogue. The actors and their acting were utterly forgetable, and the 3D gave me a migraine. It was visually sumptuous in spots, but eye-candy does not a good film make--just ask Zack Snyder.

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
              My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

I know--kinda going against the grain on this one. I'd like to think another viewing would help, but I just can't bring myself to do it; it would be like getting vaccinated against the flu, coming down with the flu, and then going back to get the flu vaccination again in the hopes that it would somehow lessen the pain and suffering of the previous experience.

Comment

I know--kinda going against the grain on this one. I'd like to think another viewing would help, but I just can't bring myself to do it; it would be like getting vaccinated against the flu, coming down with the flu, and then going back to get the flu vaccination again in the hopes that it would somehow lessen the pain and suffering of the previous experience.
                  but it's so good it get's the wee wee hard

THE VISUALS MAN THE VISUALS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                    but it's so good it get's the wee wee hard

THE VISUALS MAN THE VISUALS!!!!!

The Cistine Chapel has nice visuals, too, but it doesn't mean I'd feel comfortable worshipping there.

Comment

but eye-candy does not a good film make--just ask Zack Snyder.
                      But Snyder has made three flawless films.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• I just realized a few days ago that I already think of this movie like I think of other great sci-fi films such as 2001 and Alien.

I was looking at the moon and I got that "curious" feeling that star gazing gives me. All of the endless wonders and possibilities of the universe washed over my thoughts and Prometheus popped into my head. I love that feeling, and I love the movies that help me visualize the wonder of the universe.

or maybe i've just consumed too much wine tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          I just realized a few days ago that I already think of this movie like I think of other great sci-fi films such as 2001 and Alien.
                          I wouldn't put it that high yet, but it was just as good as recent sci-fi darlings, like Sunshine, or Moon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            I wouldn't put it that high yet, but it was just as good as recent sci-fi darlings, like Sunshine, or Moon.
                            Yeah I don't mean I would label it as an all time great, but it gives me that same feeling of scope and grandeur.

Sunshine is a good movie to compare it to. Great film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
                              But Snyder has made three flawless films.
                              He's made some great films, but I wouldn't say flawless.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                                I was looking at the moon and I got that "curious" feeling that star gazing gives me. All of the endless wonders and possibilities of the universe washed over my thoughts and Prometheus popped into my head. I love that feeling, and I love the movies that help me visualize the wonder of the universe.
                                Good one.
                                If I could grasp one tiny little bit of the (known) universe, I would be a much happier person and could die in eternal peace.
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X