Sleepaway Camp 3 (1988)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeym1979 View Post
    I can't decide which I like more, part 2 or part 3. Either way, 2 and 3 are my favorites from the series.
    I agree, I seem to be the only person here who isn't that crazy about the first one.
    "A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control." -Robert F. Bennett

Comment

The third movie felt a bit rushed like they blew their wad with part 2 and just decided to do the third right away with nothing really to add other than same story with more kills.

I still love it but not nearly as much as part 2. Part 1 is my least favorite next to Return, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
        I agree, I seem to be the only person here who isn't that crazy about the first one.
        The first one was alright, but it's mix of comedy and horror just wasn't as "successful" as parts 2 and 3. I preferred Pam Springsteen as Angela.

Comment

I watched this for the first time a month or two back. It's my favorite of the first 3. Haven't seen the 4th though. It worth watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
            I watched this for the first time a month or two back. It's my favorite of the first 3. Haven't seen the 4th though. It worth watching?
            It's worth watching if you like the Sleepaway Camp franchise, but it's not very good. I didn't hate it.

I just rewatched both 2 and 3, and I can admit when I was wrong, so here's me saying 2 is better than the original, and part 3. I still feel the same mostly about part 3. 2 was more brutal, with the kills, but I must have been high/drunk, or passing out to not pick up on the humor. Enjoyed 2 a lot more this time around. I think the character of Angela was more in her element as a camp counselor. Perhaps a reboot would have her terrorizing camps all over the US in sequels instead of just returning to the same, although she does have memories there. I'd give 2 an 8/10, and 3 a 7/10

Comment

"Sleepaway Camp 3".....This could possibly be the best in the series. Pamela Springsteen does her best work in here and delivers such a natural and cool performance. Once again, her dialogue and quips are entertaining. Equally impressive is Tracy Griffith (who I also love in The First Power) who is a natural talent and beauty. The handsome guys worthy of mention for this sequel are Cliff Brand(with a great ass and bulge I must say) who plays "Officer Barney" and Mark Oliver who plays "Tony". Loved all the guys sporting some very tight jeans too, especially Cliff Brand. LOL! The death scenes are nasty and terrific and the settings for these films are wonderful. There are also a few more shocking death sequences than the previous films. The dark humor is here too..but not as much as in part 2. I LOVE the fight scene between Angela and Marcia at the end, which was shot very fast and intense. A totally cool slasher flick and the best in the series for me.

8/10

Comment

Working...
              X