Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
    Fuck they need to make Scream 5.
    Yes, they do, and in Sept., KW tweeted that he has the script for Pt. 5 and and that no one wants it. Perhaps this is the result of the Scream TV series that MTV is developing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
      Perhaps this is the result of the Scream TV series that MTV is developing.
      Say whhhat?
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Up until the last two days, I only had vague memories of the scream franchise. I decided to download and watch the series in a row over the past two nights, and I have come here to give this franchise some major love.

Every installment of this series is solid. While they clearly repeat themes and ideas, they remain fun and fresh throughout, and I would even argue that they improve with each installment. They each stayed true to the franchise and each movie pushed things a little further.

I'll admit, after watching the first one I wasn't too thrilled, but I kept on watching and each movie had my mind reflecting back on the first, having me grow fonder on a movie I didn't even initially love and having the characters mean far more than I ever thought they would. The series became nostalgic to me before I was even done with it.

Gale is a total bitch and even though I liked her sometimes, I always wanted to smack her in the face. Sid repeats the same mistakes over and over throughout the series but she is still great. Dewey is a giant idiot who is always a day late and a dollar short. It can be difficult to tell which cliche things in the series are intentional and which are there for the purpose of being self aware, but regardless they work well.

There is a lot more I could say about this series but I will keep it short. I just wanted to give it some love and say that it stuck with me way more than I anticipated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
          Up until the last two days, I only had vague memories of the scream franchise. I decided to download and watch the series in a row over the past two nights, and I have come here to give this franchise some major love.

Every installment of this series is solid. While they clearly repeat themes and ideas, they remain fun and fresh throughout, and I would even argue that they improve with each installment. They each stayed true to the franchise and each movie pushed things a little further.

I'll admit, after watching the first one I wasn't too thrilled, but I kept on watching and each movie had my mind reflecting back on the first, having me grow fonder on a movie I didn't even initially love and having the characters mean far more than I ever thought they would. The series became nostalgic to me before I was even done with it.

Gale is a total bitch and even though I liked her sometimes, I always wanted to smack her in the face. Sid repeats the same mistakes over and over throughout the series but she is still great. Dewey is a giant idiot who is always a day late and a dollar short. It can be difficult to tell which cliche things in the series are intentional and which are there for the purpose of being self aware, but regardless they work well.

There is a lot more I could say about this series but I will keep it short. I just wanted to give it some love and say that it stuck with me way more than I anticipated.
          Aside from Halloween, Scream has always been my favorite franchise.

And Scream 3 > Scream 2.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• I have enjoyed this franchise but the killers in Scream 4 were just to unbelievable.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
            Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• Originally posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
              I have enjoyed this franchise but the killers in Scream 4 were just to unbelievable.
              How so?

Best twist/pair since the original IMO.

Comment

• I want another scream movie lol

Comment

• I think they need to just let it rest for a while, & come back with a reboot. Not a remake, reboot.

A Scream 5 would be redundant, especially if they just bring back Sidney again. Having a recurring character is nice & all, but it gets boring after seeing it four times. Granted, part four was better than three, but still.

I'd like to see a new set of kids, a new mythology built around Ghostface, all that shit. Scream 4 was good, but it had so much missed potential considering it barely scrapped the surface of what they could've made fun of & what new genre cliched they could've toyed with.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeym1979 View Post
                    I want another scream movie lol
                    me too.

Looks like they are going ahead with the tv series.

http://www.fangoria.com/new/scream-again-on-mtv/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-renews-446563

I dunno what to say about this. Teen Wolf isn't too bad, so I'll hold off judgement until this gets made, IF it gets made.

Comment

• Why does Scream 4 get so much hate? I thought it was almost as good as the original! It brings it back to the basics, delivering an amazingly fun slasher with brilliant characters, exciting action and some memorable scenes.

It's far better than Scream 2 & 3 in my opinion, although I do need to give them another re-watch.
                      ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                        Why does Scream 4 get so much hate? I thought it was almost as good as the original! It brings it back to the basics, delivering an amazingly fun slasher with brilliant characters, exciting action and some memorable scenes.

It's far better than Scream 2 & 3 in my opinion, although I do need to give them another re-watch.
                        I agree that it's far better than 2 and 3, and it was an enjoyable movie, but it's no where near the first movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                          I think they need to just let it rest for a while, & come back with a reboot. Not a remake, reboot.

A Scream 5 would be redundant, especially if they just bring back Sidney again. Having a recurring character is nice & all, but it gets boring after seeing it four times. Granted, part four was better than three, but still.
                          u cant have a scream without Sidney. She is the heroine of the film.

i rather they kill off dewey or gale.

Comment

• Hopefully the TV series will take some liberties with the characters. The main ones have staled considerably since '96.

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                              Hopefully the TV series will take some liberties with the characters. The main ones have staled considerably since '96.
                              The only way this show is going to work is if it has a completely new cast of characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X