Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

The fifth installment in the franchise is now well into development, and most of the cast confirmed. Paul W.S. Anderson is once again back to write and direct, and not suprisingly will shoot in 3D.

Returning (obviously) is Mrs. Anderson, Milla Jovovich. Also returning are: Sienna Guillory, Boris Kodjoe and Shawn Roberts. Oddly enough, a bunch of people killed off earlier in the franchise will join them, including: Michelle Rodriguez, Colin Salmon and Oded Fehr. It's unsure what their roles in the film will be at this point, but it will most likely be in flashbacks.

Wentworth Miller, Ali Larter and Spencer Locke will not return (can't say I'll miss their hammy acting), which is probably to give some new characters a bit more development. Yes, we will finally see Barry Burton (played by Kevin Durand), Leon S. Kennedy (Johann Urb) and Ada Wong (who is yet to be cast).

The film is set to contain elements from the fourth game, with the introduction of the Las Plagas virus to the film franchise. It will shoot in Tokyo, Toronto and Russia.

I guess I'm quite excited. I like the film franchise for what it is, mindless entertainment. I'm also curious to see what they do with the new characters from the games. However, I wish Anderson would just direct someone else's script. The casting of Leon seems to be a perfect fit at this point though. Johann Urb looks like the breathing version of him - let's see if he has acting chops to boot...

That's so gay. Anderson fucked up all the Resident Evil movies. Im a huge fan of the games, and the movies were pathetic, especially the newest one.
    Oh Take These Storms Away
    Start A Brand New Story
    I'll Make It Through Each Day
    Singing Death Or Glory
    Lord Wont Answer Me
    I Wont Let It Bring Me Down

Comment

The last one dissappointed me, if they make another one I hope it's better than that one.

Comment

Heard rumors that the Las Plagus from resident evil 4 will be in this one.

anyways YES to Leon Kennedy.

Comment

I can't believe they keep making these and they keep making money.

Comment

Re: Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

You know, I'll give him credit for the first one, it was halfway decent. However it has turned into a horrible action fest that just rapes the plot of the games. Make a horror movie about the mansion in the first game and cast a hottie as Rebecca Chambers- I'll be there opening weekend. But I can't turn my brain off enough to ever enjoy these movies.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
              The film is set to contain elements from the fourth game, with the introduction of the Las Plagas virus to the film franchise. It will shoot in Tokyo, Toronto and Russia.
              This part here makes me happy. I just hope it doesn't get fucked up.

Comment

i love all of the movies, except 1 witch i cant stand! so another one will be good

SAY NO TO DRUGS

Comment

I've really been enjoying this series, but it really should stop with this one. They can only take it so far.

Movies recently seen:

The Boneyard- 6/10
                  Clash of the Titans '10- 8/10
                  The Exorcist- 10/10
                  Wrath of the Titans- 7/10
                  Zombie- 8/10

Comment

These are my guilty pleasure. sure they could have been better but I just love Milla Jovovich

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherofTears View Post
                      They can only take it so far.
                      Whilst this franchise is a guilty pleasure of mine, I agree with this statement. The motto for each new installment seems to be "new city, another action set-piece". And whilst it can be entertaining, there hasn't really been any major advances in the story in a while. I mean, the last film literally could have not existed and we wouldn't have missed anything in terms of plot.

I hear rumours that Anderson is approaching this one as a sort of semi-prequel, with several flashbacks to fill in some large plot holes in the story, such as Jill Valentine's abrupt disappearance after the second film, etc. I just hope there's some genuine progression in the story also, instead of just backtracking to cover lousy writing calamities earlier in the series.

Comment

Leon?!?!??!

YES.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

great if this is true then my ex-girlfriend would LOVE this movie.

Comment

Probably will check it out for the goofiness factor and Milla of course. One type cast actress that plays these roles well. The Alice character is amongst one of my favorite, it's too bad these movies retarded the storyline, otherwise Alice would have been a PLAYABLE character.

Bah! Who I'm kidding, the games are regressing too.

Comment

this is the first I'm hearing this...I always believed they should'vw crafted the films after the games, but since we've gone this far...I've gotta wonder...OH JESUS CHRIST WHY??? , MILLA ISN'T NAKED ANYMORE SO WHYYYYYYYY!!!! WHATS THE POINT!!!!!!IF THERE WAS EVER A MOVIE THAT NEEDED TO BE REMADE, IT'S RESIDENT EVIL!!!!! AND STICK TO THE THE GAME STORYLINE!!!! RE MOVIES SUCK!!!!! JESUS!!!!
                              "And Shepherds we shall be
                              For thee, my Lord, for thee.
                              Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
                              Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
                              So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
                              And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
                              In Nomeni Patri Et Fili,
                              Spiritus Sancti."

Comment

Working...
                              X