Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reverend Lowe View Post
    I'm unsure why liking 3D makes someone a troll, but I do know that the MBV was a blast and that the 3D redux shifts the focus back to cinematography, which happens to be the most important aspect of MOTION PICTURES.
    It doesn't.

Comment

I am sick of 3D. I do not like movies in 3D. But I do want LEATHERFACE back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher-Freak View Post
        I am sick of 3D. I do not like movies in 3D. But I do want LEATHERFACE back!!!
        I too wanted another TCM. I guess this is a mixed blessing, in a sense, a very, very mixed blessing.

I have nothing against 3-D. Absolutely nothing. I don't get headaches from it and it can be fun sometimes. However, putting all these horror movies out in 3-D all of a sudden, I dont think audiences are going to react that well in the long run to it.

Comment

TCM 3D can't (or won't) be any worse then the remake and prequel to the remake.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post
            How much longer are they gonna rape the whole 3-D thing?

I mean seriously?

Theres gonna be AAWIL in 3-D
            Possibly Halloween 3-D
            We already had My Bloody Valentine 3-D.

Just stop!

Originally posted by Klown View Post

I'm tired of 3D already. It's a fucking gimmick. It adds NOTHING to a movie.
            Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
            I'm going to have to agree with the troll. Considering the amount of whining between here and the news page, you'd think Hollywood has begun attaching AIDS to their film prints. Get over it, people.

Yes, it's a gimmick, but it's one that can be loads of fun when applied to the right material and given the proper amount of care. MBV 3D did well, and others are unsurprisingly jumping on the bandwagon and using it as a crutch for their tired films... Don't watch them, it's that simple. The sooner studios realize that this trend (which the majority of you will undoubtedly still buy into) will no longer earn them a profit, they'll stop producing them so freely.
            To all thje above comments I have to say this, 3D when used correctly is nice but seriously LEATHERFACE! For the love of Jesus no. I mean Jason it'll work, Freddy it could possibly work, the visuals could be great for Hellraiser, but Good lord, Halloween, American Werewolf In London, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre? No, I'm sorry, it's fucking retarded. I enjoy fun movies just as much as the next guy and I loved My Bloody Valentine but 3D is a gimmick that needs to be stopped right now! I mean seriously hollywood, are you so in doubt of your skills as film makers that you have to lean back on the crutch of a gimmick? 3D doesn't make up for bad direction, storytelling, or characters and if the movies suck as 2D then why in the fuck would they work in 3D? It's a stupid assumption
            Everything !Viva Hate! says is sig worthy... He told me so

Comment

Originally posted by bebopman182 View Post
              I mean seriously hollywood, are you so in doubt of your skills as film makers that you have to lean back on the crutch of a gimmick? 3D doesn't make up for bad direction, storytelling, or characters and if the movies suck as 2D then why in the fuck would they work in 3D? It's a stupid assumption
              It's not a question of doubt, they just don't care. The movie industry is a business, first and foremost, and they'll continue to stick with whatever formula makes them money. Look at the Saw franchise...

Again, just don't watch them. You'll only have yourself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by bebopman182 View Post
                To all thje above comments I have to say this, 3D when used correctly is nice but seriously LEATHERFACE! For the love of Jesus no. I mean Jason it'll work, Freddy it could possibly work, the visuals could be great for Hellraiser, but Good lord, Halloween, American Werewolf In London, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre? No, I'm sorry, it's fucking retarded. I enjoy fun movies just as much as the next guy and I loved My Bloody Valentine but 3D is a gimmick that needs to be stopped right now! I mean seriously hollywood, are you so in doubt of your skills as film makers that you have to lean back on the crutch of a gimmick? 3D doesn't make up for bad direction, storytelling, or characters and if the movies suck as 2D then why in the fuck would they work in 3D? It's a stupid assumption
                Remember the wheelchair scene where Leatherface just pops up. Ok now imagine that in 3-D. How about the scene at the table.

Any scene focusing on Leatherface and the chainsaw.

No..no it doesn't need to be stopped it just has to be done right. Horror films and fantasy/sci-fi work best for this format.

Comment

I don't see a problem with 3D as long as it isn't used just to cover up an otherwise shit movie. And I'm smiling a bit knowing a big horror franchise like TCM can move to new owner . . gives me hope for the others, like Halloween maybe moving into competent hands.

By the way, can I say how much I appreciate being able to fucking swear, and bitch and moan, and fucking swear some more on this site?? God damn I'm tired of other forums and their bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post
                    That did not make sense, you were not alive when it came out, yet you saw it in theaters as a kid? Was it rereleased?

But anywho.

It only seems good when it's in theaters as was the case with My Bloody Valentine 3-D.

At home it just sucks unless you got a GOOD tv and not a shitty one like I have in my room me and my gf tried to watch it last weekend and had to stop it because we both got killer headaches.
                    I didn't see it when it was first released in the 80s.

They were playing 3D horror movies at this old theater in Toronto some years back, and that's when I saw it.
                    Something about her just makes me want to jam my cock in her throat until she pukes on my balls....she looks like she is into that kinda shit.
                    I just wanted to point out the irony of you calling them mean while proudly sporting an image of a naked impaled girl on your forearm.

Comment

i dont know what to think about when it comes to the TCM in 3d...it just doesnt seem to fit it but it could always work out

www.myspace.com/warofwrath

Comment

People you don't have to watch it in 3D. I mean they also release it in 2D, so let them make it in 3D I'll just watch the 2D version.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher-Freak View Post
                          But I do want LEATHERFACE back!!!
                          So do I, but not like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Apples View Post
                            Agreed. Although I feel like 3D has the potential to add to a movie, but making a movie in 3D just because its the "popular thing" (which is why i think so many movies are coming out in 3D) is absolutely stupid.

I really wish Rob Zombie had done Texas Chainsaw Massacre instead of Halloween. I feel like its more suited to his style of movie making.

Regardless of my feelings toward this movie, I will refrain from passing judgement till I see a preview.

I agree with you on the Rob Zombie point. House has many of the same elements that you'll find in a TCM film and his approach to film making would be better suited towards reinventing TCM rather than the Halloween franchise. But we'll never know. 3D is something that's big right now and I'm a little surprised a Halloween 3D was given a green light so fast, especially after H2 nose dived at the box office. Regardless, I'm a TCM fan and I am interested in this development and what WP can come up with. Leatherface...Leatherface...Leatherface

Comment

Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
                              I'm going to have to agree with the troll. Considering the amount of whining between here and the news page, you'd think Hollywood has begun attaching AIDS to their film prints. Get over it, people.

Yes, it's a gimmick, but it's one that can be loads of fun when applied to the right material and given the proper amount of care. MBV 3D did well, and others are unsurprisingly jumping on the bandwagon and using it as a crutch for their tired films... Don't watch them, it's that simple. The sooner studios realize that this trend (which the majority of you will undoubtedly still buy into) will no longer earn them a profit, they'll stop producing them so freely.

QFT, I agree, it will burn itself out in time, just like it did before...

Until then enjoy it, or don't....

Comment

As long as there's more Chainsaw I don't care how many dimensions it's in.
                                Last edited by ClonedBeef; 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM. Reason: left a word out...
                                A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
                                H. L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X