Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't mind the 3D fad. For now, at least.

    So yeah, another TCM... Cool. Hope they pick another Leatherface, though. Never liked Bryniarski's rendition.

    And if they're going with a different approach from the PD movies, make the family more like the one in the original, please.

    "Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."


    - Rustin Cohle

    Comment


    • #32
      I got nothing against 3D. Cahnces are the version I see won't even be 3D. But the people behind the SAW movies? Now that scares me. As much as I want another TCM, I don't want another THE BEGINNING, with endless gore and violence that's only there for the sake of sickening people.
      Puppet Master is Toyland Chairman
      They want to play with you...
      http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/index.htm

      Comment


      • #33
        I'm not a guy who hates every 3D movie, BUT having TCM 3D is something I totally disagree with. TCM isn't supposed to be a fun 3D experience. TCM is supposed to be a disturbing, gritty, sickening film that'll make the audience sick to their stomachs... 3D is the complete opposite of that, a 3D film is supposed to be a fun, enjoyable and exciting experience. The two sides don't blend well together. Everything TCM represented has been sucked out.

        Comment


        • #34
          I hope we get a character like chop top or the hitcher from the original series.

          Comment


          • #35
            what te hell would be in 3D..chainsaw blade?..terrible idea. 3D is a weak choice for a movie that is suppost to have such a dark depth and a grizzy unforgiven feel. Kids movies should stick with 3D considering it brings in more cash.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by matthew View Post
              I hope we get a character like chop top or the hitcher from the original series.


              Agreed. Chop Top was fuckin awesome.

              Comment


              • #37
                No 3D....please

                Comment


                • #38
                  The Grude? Writer?
                  3D?

                  Epic Fail.
                  Of course you can wait...you can wait because you gotta. I was in Nam...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Hope they get R. Lee Ermey!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      3D doesn't match good with TCM...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        i'm just glad they're getting away from hoyt and that family. 3D, mehhh. i'm a little annoyed with the overuse of this gimmick lately, but it's not impossible to make it good....just so very easy to make it bad, and most modern-day filmmakers are so freaking dimwitted. ...we'll see.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I loved TCM '03 and still think its one of the most scariest slashers of this decade. Just a really great thrill ride that manages to scare the fuck out of you. TCM:The Beginning was an ok prequel, wasn't as scary as the remake, but it has its moments, pretty gory film!

                          I would love a TCM 3 and was looking foward to the supposed one that was going to be taking place in "present day" rather than the 60's & 70's, but another reboot? Meh, I don't know. We just rebooted the series and now they wanna do it again? I would like to see what Lionsgate have up their sleeves for the film, but I doubt its going to surpass PD's TCM films.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by MichaelMyers1031 View Post
                            I'm not a guy who hates every 3D movie, BUT having TCM 3D is something I totally disagree with. TCM isn't supposed to be a fun 3D experience. TCM is supposed to be a disturbing, gritty, sickening film that'll make the audience sick to their stomachs... 3D is the complete opposite of that, a 3D film is supposed to be a fun, enjoyable and exciting experience. The two sides don't blend well together. Everything TCM represented has been sucked out.
                            I respect your opinion but it really doesn't make sense. Just because a film is 3D doesn't mean it can't be dark and gritty. It all comes down to the producers intentions.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Klownz View Post
                              3D doesn't match good with TCM...
                              I have a feeling it will end up like Jaws 3D did with a bunch of lame random shit popping out at the screen, but the chainsaw blade coming right at you would be cool.

                              Originally posted by TwistedFate_L4 View Post
                              I loved TCM '03 and still think its one of the most scariest slashers of this decade. Just a really great thrill ride that manages to scare the fuck out of you. TCM:The Beginning was an ok prequel, wasn't as scary as the remake, but it has its moments, pretty gory film!
                              Were both scary? No fucking way! Fun and effective? You bet. They are both a blast to watch but if you are scared by them then that makes me laugh. None of the TCM movies made have ever freaked me out, but they sure made me smile. My main gripe with both of the Platinum Dunes films is that neither looks anything like the decade they supposedly took place in. For movies that are set in the 60s and 70s, they both look way too modern. Another film set in the present day will not be any different than those are.

                              I doubt its going to surpass PD's TCM films.
                              The original franchise (minus 4 because it blows) surpassed those. It can be done.
                              Last edited by CJ_01976; 10-12-2009, 01:59 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post

                                Were both scary? No fucking way! Fun and effective? You bet. They are both a blast to watch but if you are scared by them then that makes me laugh. None of the TCM movies made have ever freaked me out, but they sure made me smile. My main gripe with both of the Platinum Dunes films is that neither looks anything like the decade they supposedly took place in. For movies that are set in the 60s and 70s, they both look way too modern. Another film set in the present day will not be any different than those are.
                                Where did I say I was scared by them? I said the remake WAS scary, meaning the first time I saw it I was on the edge of my seat and scared out of mind and I'm not ashamed of it. But now that I've seen it more than once its not scary. But that first time, whew, it was pretty scary. I NEVER found The Beginning scary, it was just grusome. As far as the films looking way too modern, I agree when it comes to the remake, they looked like they came straight out of the 00's, not the 70's. Morgan was the only character that could "somewhat" pass for a 70's man. Now with The Begining, I think they did a great job of making it look like 1969, it was the cinematography I guess, and the characters clothing were pretty general, meaning they could be from any decade.


                                [qoute]The original franchise (minus 4 because it blows) surpassed those. It can be done.[/QUOTE]

                                Are you kidding me? The original films are shit. TCM '74 is ok, but it hasn't aged well. Some of you don't realize that what was scary to you back then is not scary now. Then you wanna get on your soap box preaching about how todays youth don't know true horror blah blah blah.
                                Last edited by TwistedFate_L4; 10-12-2009, 02:21 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X