No announcement yet.

Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cameo and direct sequel mentality had me super pumped about this but what is up with the casting? For some reason I thought the respect for the original would mean ditching the idea of toned/glossy/perfect people to play the leads. I guess not.
    A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
    H. L. Mencken

Comment

• I read somewhere that Gunnar Hansen was going to play Leatherface in some flashback footage that wasnt in the original. I dont see why he isnt going to pay Leatherface through the whole film. Also, Bill Moseley is in this and if it takes place between TCM and TCM 2 why not let him reprise his iconic role as Choptop? Im confused

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
        Also, Bill Moseley is in this and if it takes place between TCM and TCM 2 why not let him reprise his iconic role as Choptop? Im confused
        This sequel disregards the events of TCM 2. The film is essentially a variation of what transpired following the original 1974 film. Which, from what I've read, is vastly different.

Comment

• I hope I'm not being duped but I'm really liking the sound of this and the trailer has me excited. I'll deffo be in the cinema come release day.

Originally posted by ClonedBeef View Post
          The cameo and direct sequel mentality had me super pumped about this but what is up with the casting? For some reason I thought the respect for the original would mean ditching the idea of toned/glossy/perfect people to play the leads. I guess not.
          That is one of my pet hates and it spoiled the Last House remake by taking the shock value away from the parents. Hopefully the casting won't detract too much from this.

Comment

• cruelest intentions

Alexandra Daddario was recently in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! I thought I recognized her.
            A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
            H. L. Mencken

Comment

• The aesthetic shown in the trailer doesn't look anything like that of the orig, so I'm less than conifdent that placing original TCM clips alongside the new material is a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                The aesthetic shown in the trailer doesn't look anything like that of the orig, so I'm less than conifdent that placing original TCM clips alongside the new material is a good idea.
                Mmm, you appear to be neglecting the symbolic sexism that runs rife throughout the trailer. These superpowered bombshell juggernauts are clearly fetishising the cultural wellspring of the highly educated and decadent urban-European allied women and therefore proffering the notion that the female form has innate virtues and intrinsic powers over us rather dim menfolk. This galling form of reverse sexism is a hard pill to gulp and makes me question my masculine value and the pound of flesh I hold.

Comment

• I'm apathetic about this, I guess because I've come to the conclusion there's no way they could damage the legacy of the original any further. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD to take a shit on it.

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
                  Mmm, you appear to be neglecting the symbolic sexism that runs rife throughout the trailer. These superpowered bombshell juggernauts are clearly fetishising the cultural wellspring of the highly educated and decadent urban-European allied women and therefore proffering the notion that the female form has innate virtues and intrinsic powers over us rather dim menfolk. This galling form of reverse sexism is a hard pill to gulp and makes me question my masculine value and the pound of flesh I hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
                    I believe you have again fallen through the trapdoor of the ultramodern woman cliche, for the new Leatherface is actuallly a woman thereby forwarding the tired glass-ceiling perspective. I much preferred Leatherface when he had identity issues and was lost in his own sexual confusion, much like those who regularly post in the Whatever section of this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godzilla King of Monsters View Post
                      This sequel disregards the events of TCM 2. The film is essentially a variation of what transpired following the original 1974 film. Which, from what I've read, is vastly different.
                      this is exciting and intriguing. while i absolutely adore tcm 2 (one of the wildest, trippiest rides i've ever taken), conceptually, the idea of a redo sequel makes perfect tense. what will the tone be like? it's a good hook, and a reasonably original direction to take. i'm siked.
                      2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
                      rob zombie - living dead girl
                      public image limited - the order of death
                      L7 - pretend we're dead
                      michale graves - dawn of the dead
                      patti smith - dead to the world
                      the pixies - dead
                      bukka white- fixin to di blues
                      omd - forever (live and die)
                      bif naked - i died

Comment

• Since this is TCM 1.5 if you will I am a little bummed that Bill Moseley is in it and not playing Choptop.

Comment

Since this is TCM 1.5 if you will I am a little bummed that Bill Moseley is in it and not playing Choptop.
                          Definitely a bummer BUT Moseley is great at being a sick fuck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            Definitely a bummer BUT Moseley is great at being a sick fuck!
                            Maybe he lost his Sonny Bono wig and all desire to reprise the role was gone.

Comment

Maybe he lost his Sonny Bono wig and all desire to reprise the role was gone.
                              Possible that or he wanted to "cook something up" being Drayton

Comment

Since this is TCM 1.5 if you will I am a little bummed that Bill Moseley is in it and not playing Choptop.
                                Maybe it's before ChopTop returns from Nam or whatever?

He is playing The Cook anyway.
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

Working...
                                X