No announcement yet.

Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April DVD release I am predicting, usually takes about 3/4 months for movies to come out on DVD after a threatical release. Already have 20 bucks put back and I'll be at walmart the first day it comes out on dvd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      Nightware Warrior isn't a troll. He's just very enthusiastic, and a bit downey.
      Where's your fucking 31?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

Yeah it's absolutely confounding in its idiocy.

The aim of the final twenty minutes of this movie is stunningly misguided. Whoever thought [SPOILER]Leatherface would somehow be a sympathetic character we should cheer for[/SPOILER] has the IQ of a dead eggplant.

Also

[SPOILER]It was hilariously bad how Heather looks at 4 or 5 pictures of her dead relatives and decides "Hey! Fuck all of my best friends being murdered in cold blood! Who cares if my family was a group of psychopathic cannibals!? I'm gonna help this guy with a chainsaw who has been trying to kill me because he's my cousin!".[/SPOILER]

Seriously I'm done with this movie. I never want to see it again. I warn anybody who even wants to torrent it.
        I thought the same thing too also [SPOILER]who leaves someone in a room for that long with an evidence box. Then she was in the back of the police car and was like "I'm a Swayer" that was from me. I was really afraid that they were going to make her into a female Leatherface at the end. I also hated the fact that they used old school special effects at the beginning but at the end used super shitty CGI[/SPOILER]

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        I don't even know what this line means, but it sounds retarded.
        Is "cuz" maybe cousin?

Decided not to torrent it.
        It was cousin but she said cuz

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
        Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          I thought Leatherface was garbage. Didn't relate the the original character that this film is supposedly a sequel to at all. He had none of the mannerisms or screen presence that Gunner Hansen did. He's just a gross guy with a chainsaw. Also should have been probably 70 - 80 years old.

Leatherface is my favorite horror villain of all time. This movie COMPLETELY OBLITERATES everything that makes him scary.
          Gunnar was and will always be Leatherface to me. I actually enjoyed Bill Johnson's performance in TCM 2 as well, but Gunnar is the king.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
            Where's your fucking 31?
            I dumped it.

Comment

• Am I the only one who felt this was a family fucking drama rather than a horror?

Comment

• I gave this a watch tonight and actually didn't mind it.

It's not as good as the reboot but I enjoyed it a lot more than The Beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                  I gave this a watch tonight and actually didn't mind it.

It's not as good as the reboot but I enjoyed it a lot more than The Beginning.

Its one of the biggest fuck ups I've ever seen.... Not sure how you liked it.

Comment

• The best part of TCM: The Beginning is when Jordana Brewester gets a chainsaw to the back when she is driving in the car

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                    Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• the Beginning may be part of the reboot story line, but at least it isn't as atrociously acted and logically insulting as this piece of shit.

It was way bette kills and feels much like a TCM film should: gritty, grimy, and ugly.

Comment

• LOL, the movie dropped -76.3% this week to land at number 9. Yes, horror has a big drop off in the second week but for a number one movie to go from 1 to 9 says a little bit something I'd think. Part of me still wants to check out this trainwreck but probably will punch myself afterward so most likely will wait for the DVD release.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                          LOL, the movie dropped -76.3% this week to land at number 9. Yes, horror has a big drop off in the second week but for a number one movie to go from 1 to 9 says a little bit something I'd think. Part of me still wants to check out this trainwreck but probably will punch myself afterward so most likely will wait for the DVD release.
                          I don't think it says too much. Good horror movies get thrashed at the BO as well. To have a #1 weekend, is impressive for any hard R-rated horror flick to pull off. I was pretty damn shocked when it hit #1.

If the sequel doesn't do well, that would be more telling. Similar to how H2 did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            I don't think it says too much. Good horror movies get thrashed at the BO as well. To have a #1 weekend, is impressive for any hard R-rated horror flick to pull off. I was pretty damn shocked when it hit #1.

If the sequel doesn't do well, that would be more telling. Similar to how H2 did.
                            Doesn't most horror only drop 45-55% the second week? A 76% drop seems a bit outside the norm but you're right it probably doesn't mean much (but fun to examine). I can't remember the last time a horror movie opened at number one and dropped to the ninth spot the second week. Usually it seems like they drop to 5-6 at the most. Keep forgetting the sequel attribute and lots of good movies out though so once again maybe it don't mean all that much Guess I'm passively looking for reasons not to blow money going to see it at the theater.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                              LOL, the movie dropped -76.3% this week to land at number 9. Yes, horror has a big drop off in the second week but for a number one movie to go from 1 to 9 says a little bit something I'd think. Part of me still wants to check out this trainwreck but probably will punch myself afterward so most likely will wait for the DVD release.
                              You beat me to it. I even said last weekend this would happen but that fanboy ddnt beleive me haha.

Comment

• Don't think this film is as bad as most make it seem. I think it's main problem, though, is that it completely follows the generic slasher movie formula, & in a lot of ways feels like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie guest-starring Leatherface. It's not the worst of the series, & definitely not as bad as the original sequels of the franchise.

If I did a top three for the series, this would probably make it, since I'd class it above The Beginning for keeping Leatherface closer to what he should be & not rendering him into a Jason clone, which is especially insulting considering his character has been around longer.

All in all, I'd probably give this like....a 7/10, or in grade terms, a solid C. It's not great, nor is it innovative but it's entertaining & I fucking love Alexandra Daddario.

Comment

Working...
                                X