Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    I don't care if the budget is 50,000 or 50 million. Good movies can be made either way.

This kind of trash shouldn't be made at all. Honestly TCM3D is kind of a turning point in modern horror for me. Unless a movie is "fun" and campy in a self-aware, perhaps comical or meta way, I really doubt I'll buy into it again.

I'm sick of this formula. I'm sick of seeing the same fucking bullshit. Shitty acting, CGI blood, stupid fuck characters, nonsensical idiocy. If you want to try something new, give it some thought. Put some time into it. There is no excuse for such worthless shit being fed to us.

Edit

I'm not asking for some substantial or thematic masterpiece... I don't need something that means anything, just really put your heart and minds into it. I love Troma for this reason. They know exactly what they're doing, and don't apologize for it. They don't throw bullshit together to make a quick buck and get every teenager in the world to the theaters.

This right here.

I don't look for Oscar winning masterpieces when it comes to horror. Just a bit of actual thought and creativity will suffice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post

This right here.

I don't look for Oscar winning masterpieces when it comes to horror. Just a bit of actual thought and creativity will suffice.
      I was thinking that maybe they should make the next movie a period piece & film it like House of the Devil, where it actually looks like it was filmed in that time era, as opposed to giving it that fresh, polished Hollywood look & feel.

Something new just needs to be done, & not just anything, something that's good. Otherwise, all of these franchises are going to permanently run out of steam due to always trying to copy one another & constantly failing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

Oxley at full throttle, I am lost for words as well.
        Worthless piece of PMS blood... Oh my.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        I'm not asking for some substantial or thematic masterpiece... I don't need something that means anything, just really put your heart and minds into it. I love Troma for this reason. They know exactly what they're doing, and don't apologize for it. They don't throw bullshit together to make a quick buck and get every teenager in the world to the theaters.

Well said.

Troma RUUUUULES.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
        My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

Troma RUUUUULES.

I drink to that!
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind the sequel being Heather & Leatherface vs the entire town.

I want Heather to be completely fucked up and demented just like her relatives.

or how about if lionsgate has to balls to kill Leatheface and have Heather seek revenge for her cousin.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
              I wouldn't mind the sequel being Heather & Leatherface vs the entire town.

I want Heather to be completely fucked up and demented just like her relatives.

or how about if lionsgate has to balls to kill Leatheface and have Heather seek revenge for her cousin.
              Ever heard of spoiler alerts you fucking dolt? I know you have because someone got onto you a while back for the same thing.

Comment

• Better to not even waste your time, man.

I just instantly ignore his posts because of how hard they are to even understand. Y'know, with it being 2013 & all I assumed we all knew about the English language at this point, & the proper way to use it.

Comment

• this is suppose to be released on dvd in march so shouldn't amazon have it up for pre-ording right now.

Comment

• Out on DVD and Blu May 14th...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...nsaw-2013.html

Tons of special features, but unfortunately no director's cut.

Comment

• Will definitely be buying this, but yeah, I didn't really expect for there to be a director's cut, it didn't seem like there was much, if anything at all, that was cut from the film.

All, I hope the special features are actually good & give a good look at the different concepts & ideas for Leatherface.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                        Will definitely be buying this, but yeah, I didn't really expect for there to be a director's cut, it didn't seem like there was much, if anything at all, that was cut from the film.
                        It originally received an NC-17 for the violence and gore.

[SPOILER]I have a feeling that the hitchhiker's death was cut short. Also, I heard a rumor that someone may have gotten killed at the carnival. Who knows.[/SPOILER]

Oh well though. The special features will probably make up for it, interested in listening to the commentaries!

Comment

• I didn't know that, & now that I do, it makes me wonder what they did cut from the movie.

But, I agree, the special features seem like they'll be interesting, which surprises me considering how bare bones most DVD's are these days.

Comment

• Lionsgate will probably release the unrated cut later on as a Blu-ray exclusive like they did with Rambo and The Expendables.
                            Last edited by The Geek; 02-28-2013, 04:03 PM.
                            Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• I want to hear the "Chainsaw Alum" commentary...

Comment

• I wonder if they're still considering a sequel for this. It didn't perform terribly at the box office but it wasn't a massive success either, so I'm curious as to where they plan to go from here.

Comment

Working...
                                X