Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post

I know this is nitpicking but she fucked that line up. She said it so nonchalantly it just didn't pack any punch.
    But why is she saying welcome to texas to leatherface? Thats like saying to Michael Myers Welcome to Haddonfield, really?
    "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• What I loved about the original the most, plus the remake and its prequel...was the imagery. That's always been my favorite thing about those movies. Filthy farmhouse full of macabre decorations/necessities on the walls, in the fridge, creepy fields and crap. It's awesome. This remake didn't have anything like that, just a few hanging bones and shit. I daresay, some of the others are visual works of art, and I believe that said visual artistry has been rather influential to the horror genre.

Frankly I don't know what the hell this remake was trying to do. If they had Lee Ermey in there, I would have forgiven it hahaha.

Otherwise I think it was a pretty poor attempt to honor something that was rather revolutionary. And I don't belong to the school of thought that has been jaded by recent famous horror remakes like Halloween or Friday the Thirteenth. I enjoyed both of those, but both fail to honor the original characters.

Mikey is cool and collected, smart and crafty. In the remake, he's an idiot. He also shows too much emotion, which is something Michael doesn't do. Isn't that what made him scary? Guy's like a robot.

In the Ft13 remake, Jason is smart and cunning. HE BUILDS TUNNELS. I didn't think that guy did anything else besides kill people. In the originals, he's a lumbering retard. And that's how I love him. Retarded.

The hell, man.

I enjoyed the TCM movie anyways. Fun horror. Good story, even if most of it is poorly executed. A worthy effort at some plot twisting, to say the least. All the classic slasher clichés are there. It's fine. Just doesn't have that Texas Massacre feeling, man. But maybe in 20 years I'll watch it again, and it will be so horribly funny that it will, after all, match the status of some of the original sequels.

But they got Leatherface right. I just think they should have stuck to some of the same old instead of trying to be all original.

Also, how come his last name is Sawyer? Cuz it has the word ''saw'' in it? That's deep, man. Actually I read something somewhere, that name was also in the originals, but I can't remember ever hearing it. I always thought the family was Hewitt.

But that duel at the end WAS pretty sweet.
      Last edited by Beer Man; 05-03-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Alexandra Daddario might just be the sexiest forty year old I can recall seeing in a movie.

Hey, wait a second. How old is Leatherface in this movie? Sixty? Seventy? If so, how old would that make their recently-departed Grandma? The loveable old cannibal lady was still tending to Leatherface's needs without a stair-lift to the basement?

What's up with those Sawyer genes?
        Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beer Man View Post
          Also, how come his last name is Sawyer? Cuz it has the word ''saw'' in it? That's deep, man. Actually I read something somewhere, that name was also in the originals, but I can't remember ever hearing it. I always thought the family was Hewitt.
          No, Hewitt's from the remake. The name was Sawyer in the original series.

But Sawyer's really no worse than Hewitt, is it? To "Hew it", meaning to "chop it with an axe".

I was hoping they'd incorporate both names. Hewitt could easily have been the name of Grandma's side of the family.
          Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

What I loved about the original the most, plus the remake and its prequel...was the imagery. That's always been my favorite thing about those movies. Filthy farmhouse full of macabre decorations/necessities on the walls, in the fridge, creepy fields and crap. It's awesome. This remake didn't have anything like that, just a few hanging bones and shit. I daresay, some of the others are visual works of art, and I believe that said visual artistry has been rather influential to the horror genre.

Frankly I don't know what the hell this remake was trying to do. If they had Lee Ermey in there, I would have forgiven it hahaha.

Otherwise I think it was a pretty poor attempt to honor something that was rather revolutionary. And I don't belong to the school of thought that has been jaded by recent famous horror remakes like Halloween or Friday the Thirteenth. I enjoyed both of those, but both fail to honor the original characters.

Mikey is cool and collected, smart and crafty. In the remake, he's an idiot. He also shows too much emotion, which is something Michael doesn't do. Isn't that what made him scary? Guy's like a robot.

In the Ft13 remake, Jason is smart and cunning. HE BUILDS TUNNELS. I didn't think that guy did anything else besides kill people. In the originals, he's a lumbering retard. And that's how I love him. Retarded.

The hell, man.

I enjoyed the TCM movie anyways. Fun horror. Good story, even if most of it is poorly executed. A worthy effort at some plot twisting, to say the least. All the classic slasher clichés are there. It's fine. Just doesn't have that Texas Massacre feeling, man. But maybe in 20 years I'll watch it again, and it will be so horribly funny that it will, after all, match the status of some of the original sequels.

But they got Leatherface right. I just think they should have stuck to some of the same old instead of trying to be all original.

But that duel at the end WAS pretty sweet.
            I get what you are saying here but this is why they call these remakes because the film makers want to add their own touch to the story and make it their own otherwise it would all end up like the Psycho remake which offered nothing new whatsoever. I personally don't like 99% of remakes but you got to give them credit for trying and apparently someone likes them or else they wouldn't have got the permission to mak the film in the first place. Do I think these people should make their own original films? Fucking A I do but unfortunately I do not control Hollywood and until I or another avid old school horror fan does we just have to grin and bare it.

Comment

• But Sawyer's really no worse than Hewitt, is it? To "Hew it", meaning to "chop it with an axe".
              LOL, never thought of that. So those last names were intentional with the word play, I'm beginning to think.

So Sawyer is from the original. Man I've seen it a million times and yet...gah.

@Frey
              Yeah I realize it's a remake, and therefore, won't exactly be the same. But they were picking up from the original with their story, so maybe I was expecting too much, from the way it was starting off. I mean there's a difference between a remake and a reboot, and sometimes remakes shouldn't try to do anything TOO new like this did.

And why the hell is Leatherface wearing a red sweater. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
                Alexandra Daddario might just be the sexiest forty year old I can recall seeing in a movie.

Hey, wait a second. How old is Leatherface in this movie? Sixty? Seventy? If so, how old would that make their recently-departed Grandma? The loveable old cannibal lady was still tending to Leatherface's needs without a stair-lift to the basement?

What's up with those Sawyer genes?
                I thought it was funny that the sheriff and some of the other vigilantes from the beginning were old as hell already and they didn't age a day in forty years. The black dude was probably in his 80s. The timeline of this movie is hysterically brainless.

Comment

• Interested to see the alternate opening and deleted scenes!

Comment

• I enjoyed it for what it is: a silly cash-in with some decent chases and gore.

Comment

• If you can overlook the sheer stupidity on display it's a harmless time waster. I've definitely seen worse.

Comment

LOL, never thought of that. So those last names were intentional with the word play, I'm beginning to think.
                        Oh, absolutely intentional, without a doubt.

So Sawyer is from the original. Man I've seen it a million times and yet...gah.
                        It's from the original series, yes. But I don't think it's from the first movie. I'm not as versed in TCM lore as some, but I think the Sawyer surname crops up in one of the sequels that were made prior to the Platinum Dunes movies.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                        I thought it was funny that the sheriff and some of the other vigilantes from the beginning were old as hell already and they didn't age a day in forty years. The black dude was probably in his 80s. The timeline of this movie is hysterically brainless.
                        True. As for the sheriff... did Texas even have black sheriffs by 1973? It seemed awfully "progressive" for such a backward-looking place (I'm talking movie-Texas, no insult to actual Texans intended ).

I also couldn't decide if 40-ish Daddario was hanging around with a bunch of 20-somethings or if the 20-somethings were also meant to be around 40 years of age.
                        Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• That cell phone video technology was available in '07, so the youngest Heather could be is 34. I like how the year in newspaper dateline is clipped off and how the year on the tombstone is covered with grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
                            It's from the original series, yes. But I don't think it's from the first movie. I'm not as versed in TCM lore as some, but I think the Sawyer surname crops up in one of the sequels that were made prior to the Platinum Dunes movies.
                            The name first popped up in TCM 2. In the original film, we're given nicknames like "The Cook", "The Hitch-hiker", and "Leatherface" and that's it. It wasn't until the Hooper followup that more time was spent with the family, and more info was elaborated upon (like first names and last).

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                              That cell phone video technology was available in '07, so the youngest Heather could be is 34. I like how the year in newspaper dateline is clipped off and how the year on the tombstone is covered with grass.
                              The years are given on screen. 1973 is shown in the police reports and 2012 is on grandma's tombstone. I think some people must be looking at the wrong tombstone and the wrong pieces of paper?

Originally posted by Godzilla View Post
                              The name first popped up in TCM 2. In the original film, we're given nicknames like "The Cook", "The Hitch-hiker", and "Leatherface" and that's it. It wasn't until the Hooper followup that more time was spent with the family, and more info was elaborated upon (like first names and last).
                              Cheers, Mr. G.
                              Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• The timeline is quite retarded.

They should of just set the film in the late 80's or early 90's.

Comment

Working...
                                X