Sleepaway Camp (1983)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.

Peter was not gay. He was confused about gender roles in relationships, which I think is quite obvious. That is why he has those flashbacks. The children on the bed, Peter pointing at his sister.. His father in bed with another man.. All to convey Peters confusion. It has nothing to do with sex or sexuality. It has to do with gender identity and the roles men and women play in relationships.

Originally posted by AleisterArcane View Post
    I dont think she/he is gay....maybe just confused on its sexuality. The fact they show Angela getting ready to have
    sex with the boy at the end of the original, was just their way of revealing
    the truth. I mean, how else would you reveal something like that? In the
    sequels, it showed more affection towards girls than boys. Or maybe Angela is just experimenting....maybe its bisexual. I dont know, thats for the writers to figure out.
    "It"? That's a little offensive. And I'm not even a trans- person. Peter was not an IT. Peter was a little boy forcibly raised as a little girl. A boy in girls clothing, that's all. He's a boy. People tend to forget that "Angela" was Peter. "Angela" was always a boy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by kiddcapone View Post
    Even the "twist" ending seemed like it was tacked on with no previous thought. They figured 'we are ripping off Friday the 13th, we need something at the end like Jason popping out of the lake...'. Then suddenly
    she starts grinning like a mad animal at the end while growing a few feet due to a terrible split screen f/x shot. Truly pathetic.
    Twist ending.. No previous thought? You obviously weren't paying attention to the first 86 minutes of the movie. But why would you, it being so horrible. Right?

It wasn't ripping off Friday the 13th. It's a horror movie that takes place at a camp. End of similarities. You're about the 1000th person to use that tired excuse of why the movie is so bad. You hated it. Fine. But it didn't rip off F13. Try A Blade in the Dark, A Reflection of Fear, Deadly Blessing, Private Parts, and Unhinged. If one similarity is all that's needed for one movie to rip off another, then Sleepaway Camp could have ripped off any one or all of those flicks by that logic.

And where did you get "split screen shot" from? There are no split screens in Sleepaway Camp.

Sounds like you weren't paying attention at all, to anything.
    http://sleepawaycamp.wordpress.com/

sigpic

Comment

• "Sleepaway Camp"......A surprise 80's hit and one of the alltime cheesy/campy and fun slashers. Even though there is some bad makeup effects, there is also some awesome grisly murder effects and sequences. Real bad acting, a unique and terrific storyline, and a shocking ending that will forever be remembered also highlight the film. Few standout performers are Karen Fields who plays "Judy" and Katherine Kamhi who plays "Meg". They were the best out of the whole cast. The guys who play "Gene", the lifegaurd "Hal", and "Billy" are all sexy and hot and worth mentions just for that. LOL!! This classic slasher cheese is so bad....that its good!!

7/10

Comment

• Scream Factory Reveals Sleepaway Camp Bonus Content

Ryan Turek
        March 12th 2014, 9:12 am

Scream Factory brings Sleepaway Camp to DVD/Blu-ray in an all-new collector's edition hitting on May 27th. For the first time, get the lowdown on the bonus features that will be packaged with this presentation.

About the film, in case you're new to this '80s slasher: After a terrible boating accident killed her family, shy Angela Baker (Felissa Rose) went to live with her eccentric Aunt Martha and her cousin Ricky. This summer, Martha decides to send them both to Camp Arawak, a place to enjoy the great outdoors. Shortly after their arrival, a series of bizarre and violent “accidents” begin to claim the lives of various campers. Has a dark secret returned from the camp’s past…or will an unspeakable horror end the Summer season for all?

•New 2K scan of the original camera negative
        •New Commentary with actors Felissa Rose (“Angela”) and Jonathan Tiersten (“Ricky”)
        •New Commentary with writer/director Robert Hiltzik, moderated by SleepawayCampMovies.com webmaster Jeff Hayes
        •Original Audio Commentary with writer/director Robert Hiltzik and star Felissa Rose
        •At the Waterfront After the Social: The Legacy of Sleepaway Camp – new interviews with Robert Hiltzik, Felissa Rose, Jonathan Tiersten, Paul DeAngelo (“Ronnie”), Karen Fields (“Judy”), Desiree Gould (“Aunt Martha”), Frank Saladino (“Gene”) and make-up FX artist Ed French
        •Judy – a short film by Jeff Hayes starring Karen Fields
        •Princess – A Music Video by Jonathan TierstenCamp Arawak Scrapbook – still galleryTheatrical Trailer & TV Spots

Comment

• Looking forward to picking up this release. Hopefully Scream Factory will release 2 and 3 as well sometime down the road.

Comment

• I'm sorry but Pam Springsteen just makes parts 2 and 3

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
              Looking forward to picking up this release. Hopefully Scream Factory will release 2 and 3 as well sometime down the road.
              4real.... not paying 60 fuckin bucks on marketplace for that ish.

Originally posted by Machine Gun Zombie View Post
              I'm sorry but Pam Springsteen just makes parts 2 and 3

I agree man

I think she's the reason 2 and 3 are better than the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                4real.... not paying 60 fuckin bucks on marketplace for that ish.

I agree man

I think she's the reason 2 and 3 are better than the first.
                There's really just no female killer like her in those films. She's just so...perky.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machine Gun Zombie View Post
                  I'm sorry but Pam Springsteen just makes parts 2 and 3

I never made the connection that she is Bruce's younger sister up until recently.

She does make Sleepaway Camp 1&2, but the first one holds a special place in my heart. Super excited about this release!

Comment

• the first sleep away camp is one of the best slashers ever made. I liked the tiny surprise at the end.

Comment

• So...anyone excited about Sleepaway Camp 4? On VHS?

I put all the details here http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...=1#post2778002
                      Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 04-24-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• I was able to acquire the limited edition / store Exclusive Sleepaway Camp Dark Delicacies Autographed Set ( http://www.darkdel.com)

Around 300 copies were signed (from the number of BluRays placed there)

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                          So...anyone excited about Sleepaway Camp 4? On VHS?

I put all the details here http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...=1#post2778002
                          Not really.

Comment

Working...
                          X