Rank The Saw Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank The Saw Series

I figured since other Horror series have their own ranking threads why not give one to Saw, the longest running and most prolific of the 2000s-era Horror series. I like the series for the most part and wonder how everybody here ranks them in order of preference? My favorites go:

Saw II
    Saw
    Saw VI
    Saw V
    Saw IV
    Saw VII
    Saw III

Just a ranking system for a franchise? There's not much to discuss here.

Comment

My order, from top to bottom:

Drinking a glass of Steven Hawking's drool.

Stepping on a Stonefish.

Watching Glee.

Masturbating to pictures of Susan Boyle.

Saw 1-7.

Comment

I'd rather stick my junk in a blender than watch the Saw series.

Comment

I hate how everyone on this site seems to hate Saw. I just don't get it. I enjoyed the shit out of those movies.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleBarreledShotgun View Post
            I hate how everyone on this site seems to hate Saw. I just don't get it. I enjoyed the shit out of those movies.
            The first was great and the second film was alright. Fuck the others.

Comment

I'm sure this will get moved or deleted but I'm bored so deal with it.

Saw IV
              Saw
              Saw III
              Saw VI
              Saw V
              Saw II
              Saw VII

Comment

They are movies that try too hard to be intelligent and take themselves too seriously but are rife with plot holes, some of the worst examples of narrative I can recall, and bad acting.
                Some of it is so ludicrous it becomes laughable, and not in a good way. The story continues yet is convoluted and tacked on.
                Because we are not supposed to laugh and say "that can't happen" or "that shouldn't happen", it becomes even more of a travesty.

Bad movies. All of them.

Comment

Same here, I really enjoy most of them and think they get an undeserved bad rap. I had a lot of fun the past half-decade anticipating a new sequel every year and I enjoy the way the series deeply interconnects with the previous movies and builds upon them.

I don't see why this thread would be locked either, since there's other ranking threads up for other series. I think anyone who dislikes the series can simply ignore this thread and not pay it any mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Klownz View Post
                    The first was great and the second film was alright. Fuck the others.
                    I thoroughly enjoyed them up to 3d.

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
                    They are movies that try too hard to be intelligent and take themselves too seriously but are rife with plot holes, some of the worst examples of narrative I can recall, and bad acting.
                    Some of it is so ludicrous it becomes laughable, and not in a good way. The story continues yet is convoluted and tacked on.
                    Because we are not supposed to laugh and say "that can't happen" or "that shouldn't happen", it becomes even more of a travesty.

Bad movies. All of them.
                    Even the first one?

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Down Below View Post
                      I don't see why this thread would be locked either, since there's other ranking threads up for other series. I think anyone who dislikes the series can simply ignore this thread and not pay it any mind.
                      Well, they should be locked, as well. There's not much to discuss when you're simply ranking films.

Comment

Even the first one?
                        Yep, took me a second watch but there's a few issues I had with it.
                        One thing I do remember that stands out is the doctor recalling events he was never present to, just to make a certain plot point stick out. I haven't seen Saw in years but there was numerous things that made it below average.
                        It's not as terrible as some of the sequels, mind.

Comment

Eh, I've only seen the first 2.

*runs out of thread*

Comment

I think the last one I watched was the fourth. I had no interest to see any of them after the first film really. I enjoyed the original, thought it was a great thriller with a good twist, but the second one seemed to be a bit sub par compared to the first. Obviously, I didn't enjoy the third film and I don't even remember anything about the fourth. Didn't the fourth introduce CGI into the series? Oh, my. How I loathe CGI in horror films. Ugh... All in all I think Saw had a lot of potential. If only they had just made three films. Summing everything up with the last movie and leaving no possibilities in the story for a sequel. Could have been a very interesting, classic, horror trilogy.
                            "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding of even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and..."
                            sigpic

Comment

I've enjoyed all of the entries.

Rank.. Saw, Saw III, Saw VI, Saw II, Saw VII, Saw V, Saw IV.

Comment

Working...
                              X