Wrong Turn 5 (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
    I agree, if you're a fan, you'll prob like this one more than the previous entries of part 3 and 4.

It was ok. I expected it to go further tho. I might have missed something, but wasn't there a festival going on? So It was just lazy for these people to be wondering around the town, and all of a sudden it's deserted, leaving the hillbillys to roam free. Most of the characters were stupid... again... but the drunk, and the female cop were ok. Since these are prequels, you already know who will survive at the end lol. Just a fun time to watch people get mutilated. Best kills since part 2.

Hillybillys look silly as fuck though, specially three finger. It's really about time that at least one of those deformed fucks bit the dust.... again.

6.5/10
    I definitely agree that this entry has the best kills since part 2. The soccer field scene had me at the edge of my seat. All of the kills in part 3 are a joke compared to the brutality in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
      I definitely agree that this entry has the best kills since part 2. The soccer field scene had me at the edge of my seat. All of the kills in part 3 are a joke compared to the brutality in this.
      That scene has one of my fav. kills in the franchise. When it first came on, I immediately thought "Sleepaway Camp III".

Comment

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
        That scene has one of my fav. kills in the franchise. When it first came on, I immediately thought "Sleepaway Camp III".
        I'm glad the director listened more to some of the advice about the effects this time. That scene was really pulled off extremely well and is very memorable.

Comment

watched it earlier today and it was ALOT better than the last 2 that's for sure. Doug Bradley was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter View Post
            watched it earlier today and it was ALOT better than the last 2 that's for sure. Doug Bradley was awesome
            Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

"Wrong Turn 5".....The weakest in the series so far. This one has a weak cast and some really bad special effects and makeup effects in numerous scenes. The character of the sheriff had promise, but the actress was mediocre and couldn't pull off a strong performance. Doug Bradley as "Maynard" is good and the sexy Paul Luebke as "Gus" is a highlight. There were also a few awesome death scenes that were intense and brutal. Other than these few highlights I mentioned, the movie still failed. They need to stop the series!!

4/10

Comment

I appreciate that it was one of the most brutal installments, but the bad acting, bad special effects and too many "wtf" moments just kinda ruined the movie.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                  "Wrong Turn 5".....The weakest in the series so far. This one has a weak cast and some really bad special effects and makeup effects in numerous scenes. The character of the sheriff had promise, but the actress was mediocre and couldn't pull off a strong performance. Doug Bradley as "Maynard" is good and the sexy Paul Luebke as "Gus" is a highlight. There were also a few awesome death scenes that were intense and brutal. Other than these few highlights I mentioned, the movie still failed. They need to stop the series!!

4/10
                  oh yes. true true. (3/10)

Originally posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
                  I appreciate that it was one of the most brutal installments, but the bad acting, bad special effects and too many "wtf" moments just kinda ruined the movie.
                  exactly. I think the 3 of us listed here just broke urdeadlyfriend's boner in half with our ratings and reviews.

Comment

I can definitely understand the hate for this one but I'm a sucker for these dumb slasher films.

I prefer 4, though. Loved the asylum and winter setting of that one. The cheap-o town setting did very little for me (the movie would have been far more interesting if the trio stalked the festival).

But the death sequences and overall mean spiritness made it enjoyable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
                      exactly. I think the 3 of us listed here just broke urdeadlyfriend's boner in half with our ratings and reviews.

No worries, haters gonna hate.
                      Last edited by Deadly Fiend; 01-26-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

LOL I dont HATE Part 5, I just think its the weakest in the series. And for me, it doesnt rate any higher than a 4/10.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                          I can definitely understand the hate for this one but I'm a sucker for these dumb slasher films.

I prefer 4, though. Loved the asylum and winter setting of that one. The cheap-o town setting did very little for me (the movie would have been far more interesting if the trio stalked the festival).

But the death sequences and overall mean spiritness made it enjoyable for me.
                          Me too if they made another Wrong Turn I would watch it. I enjoyed the 4th one too. I thought the ending was great and when they chained straggled that girl over the balcony I thought was pretty good.

We still love ya

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                          Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

Originally posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
                            We still love ya

Comment

I think part four is easily leagues better than part five, but part five is certainly better than part three, which, for me, may always rank as the weakest of the series.

Doug Bradley is still the highlight of the film, it's just sad his talent couldn't rub off on the rest of the cast.

And it seems like whoever did the make-up effects for the brothers didn't even care about blending in the make-up with the skin tone of the actors.

Even if you think part four is rubbish, you have to at least admit that the make-up was stellar.

Comment

"Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines".....The weakest in the series so far. This one has a very weak cast. There is also some really bad special effects and makeup effects featured in numerous scenes. Such a pity! The character of the sheriff had promise, but the actress was mediocre and couldn't pull off a strong enough performance. Doug Bradley as "Maynard" is good and the sexy Paul Luebke as "Gus" is a highlight. There were also a few awesome death scenes that were intense and brutal. Other than these few highlights I mentioned, the movie still failed. They need to stop the series now!!

3.5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X