Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxley View Post

No fucking way.

I can't think of one thing in that movie that was good. Maybe Lloyd's cameo.

Apart from that. I want every fucker in the fucking thing fucking dead. D-E-A-D.
    Carnage is good

Comment

Not sure what to make of the teaser. Sending in a SWAT team seems kinda similar to the 2nds vigilante squad. I'd prefer it if they kept the story to a few vulnerable people going into the swamps. I guess the SWAT team allows for a big body count.

I'm looking forward to checking this out though, nice to have a modern slasher for some easy viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        For sure.

Also, I don't get why the second movie gets so much shit... its just as much fun as the first.
        i totally agree. additionally, i find the critique of the acting, especially danielle harris, to be hysterical. really? your main problem with hatchet 2 was the acting? seriously? um, a guy gets decapitated with his own intestines (love you, john carl), and some of y'all feel like danielle harris didn't turn in her finest performance? okay, whatevs.

but i had as much fun with the second as i did he first...

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
        Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
        So frightened of dying
        Relax, yes, I’m trying
        But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
          Danielle Harris sucked big time in the sequel. Not only was the original actress much more natural in the role (as opposed to a total bullshit caricature of disheveled distraught swamp trash) she was also prettier than Harris. I shit you not. I'd even venture to guess Harris must be really high maintenance in real life because she seemed much more suited to playing bitches on wheels in Cyrus and Laid To Rest 2. Matter of fact I found her hotter than hell in the latter. But sheís distractingly miscast as Mary Beth. Not that it matters anyways since Hatchet is nothing more than a modern replacement franchise for Friday the 13th.

As for Victor, well, I hope they did tweak his design however much they needed to so this guy.....

..........didnít remind me so much of this fucking guy.

From everything that's been said, Crowley's been given a new design. Hodder himself has said it looks more evil, so that alone has me wondering what he'll look like on screen this time.

Hopefully they finally give him a look that they can keep. The first one was okay, the second one was better, the third needs to be like, the final design, or at least something more badass.

Comment

I agree with whomever about Danielle Harris sucking. She ruined the second film in my opinion. Totally wooden performance. However in terms of gore and story telling, the second film is superior.

Comment

^ I haven't ever had a problem with her performance, thought she was much better than Tamara Feldman.

Comment

Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                ^ I haven't ever had a problem with her performance, thought she was much better than Tamara Feldman.
                I really like Danielle Harris, but Tamara Feldman did a much better job, IMO.

Comment

She rules in Stake Land, The Victim, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinb View Post
                    I agree with whomever about Danielle Harris sucking. She ruined the second film in my opinion. Totally wooden performance.

I wanted to rip her fucking eye out of her stupid ass head too.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                    My little idiot..

Comment

I will be checking this out for one reason only... Danielle Harris, she is the only thing I liked about part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                        I really like Danielle Harris, but Tamara Feldman did a much better job, IMO.
                        Don't get me wrong, I liked Tamara Feldman, but she just didn't really stand out to me. Hatchet 2 definitely isn't Danielle's strongest performance, but I still found her to be better & more suited for the role than Tamara.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what Harris will bring to the table this go around.

Comment

Tamara Feldman slaughtered Danielle Harris in the Marybeth role. I still really enjoy II, entertaining and has some very memorable kills. Can't wait to see what III has to offer!

Comment

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                            i totally agree. additionally, i find the critique of the acting, especially danielle harris, to be hysterical. really? your main problem with hatchet 2 was the acting? seriously? um, a guy gets decapitated with his own intestines (love you, john carl), and some of y'all feel like danielle harris didn't turn in her finest performance? okay, whatevs.

but i had as much fun with the second as i did he first...
                            Now wait just a minute; nobodyís clamoring for the second coming of Meryl Streep. The thing is that we saw a good rendition of Mary Beth in the first Hatchet. (Good being a relative term here that only means not noticeably bad, phony or phoned in.) Danielle was shit though. If Danielle had played her in the first that might be a different story and Iíd just roll with it. But she didnít and her take on the character comes off as overly goofy and worst of all screechy and shrill compared to the original actress. All that goddamn caterwauling didnít do anybody any favors.

Yes, itís true weíre dealing with Hatchet and not high art. And Hatchet II works just fine as an extended special effects reel but just because the kills are over the top and inventive doesnít make them shocking. Itís a horror comedy that is neither shocking nor funny; the kills were fun though for whatever thatís worth. My main problem was that Hatchet II comes off like the anti-Feast which kicked a bunch of taboos in the balls while at the very least being gross.

I mean it really kind of sucks that Hatchetís the movie that spawned sequels while other movies that were kind of presenting themselves as the first in a series Behind The Mask: Leslie Vernon and Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer ended up being one off deals. Fuck, I canít even really enjoy Jack Brooks on its own merits now because I know itís just a jerk off origin movie. Hey, assholes, go balls out in the original movie.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I liked Tamara Feldman, but she just didn't really stand out to me. Hatchet 2 definitely isn't Danielle's strongest performance, but I still found her to be better & more suited for the role than Tamara.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what Harris will bring to the table this go around.
                              She was shit. I noticed she was shit. I took a shit this morning. It was shit. Not unlike Danielleís goofy shrill ass caterwauling calamity of a performance in Hatchet II. The original actress not standing out also means she didnít stand out as a lump of shit. This matter is settled.

Comment

Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                                I will be checking this out for one reason only... Danielle Harris, she is the only thing I liked about part 2.

You jst keep getting dumber and dumber.

Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                                She was shit. I noticed she was shit. I took a shit this morning. It was shit. Not unlike Danielleís goofy shrill ass caterwauling calamity of a performance in Hatchet II. The original actress not standing out also means she didnít stand out as a lump of shit. This matter is settled.
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                                My little idiot..

Comment

Working...
                                X