X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal Activity 5

Paramount Sets Paranormal Activity 5 for 2013

Source: Paramount Pictures November 20, 2012

Paramount Pictures has set a Halloween 2013 date for the next chapter in its successful found footage horror franchise. Paranormal Activity 5 will hit theaters on October 25, 2013.

Details are few as to what surprises the fifth entry might include and it's too early to confirm whether or not the sequel will mirror the simultaneous IMAX release of Paranormal Activity 4.

Directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, Paranormal Activity 4 was released on October 19 and has already grossed $135 million worldwide. There is not yet word on whether or not the directing pair, who also helmed Paranormal Activity 3, might return for another sequel.

The October 25 date puts Paranormal Activity 5 up against Edgar Wright's next, The World's End.

They should have ended this franchise after the third one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
      They should have ended this franchise after the third one.
      This. Part 4 was awful and I don't even know if I wanna bother with another.

Comment

I didn't even care for the third one. I will not bother with 5.

Comment

I'm not surprised. It's the same thing that happened with the Saw franchise. They just kept churning out sequels that got crappier and crappier.

The third wasn't terrible (and haven't seen the fourth), but continuing the story (again) seems very stale.

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
            This. Part 4 was awful and I don't even know if I wanna bother with another.
            Well part 5 can't be any worse than part 4, so I guess it has that going for it. I will watch it just for the sake of curiosity and see were the story goes.

The family cat, that was never once mentioned in the movie but made a handful of appearances, should be the obvious star in the sequel. The cat was sadly more interesting than all the other characters.

Comment

I'm a fan of the series but please end it after 5 or find some creative way to go in a different direction. Still haven't seen 4 but enjoyed the first 3 installments. Thinking I won't like part 4 very much though for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                I'm a fan of the series but please end it after 5 or find some creative way to go in a different direction. Still haven't seen 4 but enjoyed the first 3 installments. Thinking I won't like part 4 very much though for some reason.
                It's like the writers really fucked up that they don't know how explain some of the things they came up with. I'm really confused after watching the 4th. More questions piling up after each sequel and no answers at all.

Comment

l'm not surprised to find out that 4 was helmed by the same guys that did 3. l liked 3 a lot, but 4 is just a stagnant retread of events from 3. They should have ended the series as a trilogy, but if they really want to drag this franchise out they need some new blood at the helm.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the first 3 (especially the excellent backstory) but haven't seen 4 yet.

From what I understand 4 is weak, especially in the story section. Hopefully they get something rolling of the final movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the first 2,the third was decent.I thought they were pushing it with 4 and I haven't even seen it yet.
                      To make a 5th one just seems like your making more and more ridiculous backstories to try and explain shit you couldn't in previous ones
                      Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Torrance View Post
                        I really enjoyed the first 2,the third was decent.I thought they were pushing it with 4 and I haven't even seen it yet.
                        To make a 5th one just seems like your making more and more ridiculous backstories to try and explain shit you couldn't in previous ones
                        The first and third really worked for me. 4th is shit.

My main problem with the series (Besides it becoming the next annual Halloween film) is that with the last two films, we are basically at the same point story-wise. You could go from the second to the fifth and not miss anything. (Assuming it's not another bullshit prequel.)

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Lets just hope its better than PA4 ..... worst horror of the year!

Comment

Just got pushed back to January 3rd, 2014. They must not have a lot of faith in it.

Comment

BD is reporting the January date is for the spin off teased in the end credits of 4 and PA 5 will be moved until October 2014.
                              Last edited by The Geek; 07-17-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X